What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

As usually, quite accurate information on both 61 and 65 models can be found on Tony’s website

Parker 61:

https://parkerpens.net/parker61.html

Parker 65:

https://parkerpens.net/parker65.html

P61 Mk III is the one with c/c filler and new inner cap design. That c/c filler looks like Aerometric one.

P61 Mk III (the one with c/c filler) and 65 Mk III are actually the same pens except nib and hood.

I have checked all my 61s Mk III and 65s and, yes, threads are the same and caps fit every “sister” model.

Apart from potentially causing damage/dislocation of an arrow on 61 Mk III, new inner cap design has also caused certain deformation of the section due to again poor plastic.

I can say this for sure, as I have noticed that issue on, at least, two of my NOS never-used 61s Mk III.

And interesting fact mentioned on Tony’s website: early 65 Mk I had a filler from Parker VP but it was not removable.

So, if someone has got a 65 with non-removable Aero-looking filler it could be that early 65 which is a rarity now :) 

All the best is only beginning now...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carguy

• NumberSix

• inkstainedruth

• TheRedBeard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Recent P45's...

spacer.png

Left to right...

Black Classic CT, England, Steel England nib. Chalk marked "45" STUDENT F.

Black Classic CT, France, 585 France nib. Section marked S3233

Black Classic CT, England, 14k England nib. Chalk marked 45 STANDARD M. Barrel carries the mark for Christian Olsen, Denmark.

Navy Grey Classic CT, USA, Steel USA nib.

Vista Blue/Turquoise Classic CT, USA, Steel USA nib.

Dark Grey Classic GT, France, 14Ct France nib. Barrel marked BALLESTRA (an Italian Tech Group). Section marked with Certficate of Origin number issued by E. E. Ercolessi, Milano.

Black Arrow De Luxe, England, 14k 585 England nib. Chalk marked "45" DE LUXE M.

Rage Red Arrow De Luxe, 14k 585 England nib. Chalk marked 45 CONV M.

No date marks on any of the above.

Have I got the Grey colors correct? I'm not sure...

+1 on that -- especially the Vista Blue one! :puddle:

For me, it's a Parker Vector but I won't get it for at least a month (it's in transit from Europe).  It's an interesting design -- sort of a slate blue background with what look like street names in white in a crisscross pattern.  I don't mind the wait though -- it's a seller I've bought from before (this will be the seventh pen out of 5 transactions total), and he's a good guy (and I can't believe he DOESN'T have 100% positive feedback ratings on eBay -- the only time I had a problem it was NOT his fault, but eBay's lousy IT).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

12 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

+1 on that -- especially the Vista Blue one! :puddle:

Same

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

I'm learning to love Parker pens after getting over my decade-long love affair with vintage Sheaffers. I have a P51 Special in regular rotation and will add a vintage Vacumatic when one of my current pens runs dry. I have another Vacumatic that needs a new jewel. which will be arriving soon, and plan to give it to a friend who has just been bitten by the fountain pen bug and who does not yet have any vintage pens.

2 hours ago, miwishi63 said:

I'm learning to love Parker pens after getting over my decade-long love affair with vintage Sheaffers. I have a P51 Special in regular rotation and will add a vintage Vacumatic when one of my current pens runs dry. I have another Vacumatic that needs a new jewel. which will be arriving soon, and plan to give it to a friend who has just been bitten by the fountain pen bug and who does not yet have any vintage pens.

Vacs are gorgeous pens!

i need friends like you to give me more Vacs! :)  :P 

“51”s are IMO the most well built pens.  

I have some 45s in the mail but more excitingly I have these in the mail - new old stock broad and accountant nib for my 45s

So many are just medium, fine and maybe extra fine - which is ok - but I know more diverse nibs for 45s are out there!! can't wait to give these a try!!

CaptureMouth.JPG

19 hours ago, IThinkIHaveAProblem said:

Vacs are gorgeous pens!

i need friends like you to give me more Vacs! :)  :P 

“51”s are IMO the most well built pens.  

It's really funny.  I didn't like the look of Vacs at first.  After I got my second P51, I had sent email to Tony Fischier with a couple of questions (since his website is my go-to for all things Parker Pen).  And after he answered them, he said "And you're going to start getting Vacumatics next...."  And I said "Nope -- too Art Deco for my taste!"  Only then someone brought an Oversize or Maxima Blue Pearl to a local pen club meeting and it was ALL OVER :headsmack: and now I have almost as many Vacs as 51s, and Tony is probably STILL laughing himself sick over what an enabler he was, nearly a decade later....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

1 hour ago, cat74 said:

I have some 45s in the mail but more excitingly I have these in the mail - new old stock broad and accountant nib for my 45s

So many are just medium, fine and maybe extra fine - which is ok - but I know more diverse nibs for 45s are out there!! can't wait to give these a try!!

CaptureMouth.JPG

Very cool!

+1 one to what IThinkI HaveAProblem said. I have one 45 which MAY have a B nib on it (I have a question mark about that in my inventory notes;  thought I MIGHT have a 45 with an accountant nib on it, but no, that's just apparently just a regular XF.  

The most "exotic" nib is the dark blue GT arrow, which I need to double check -- my notes say it's an OF but I'll have to pull it out and have a look-see to see if it really is an OM....

2 hours ago, cat74 said:

CaptureMouth.JPG

Excellent.

5 hours ago, cat74 said:

CaptureMouth.JPG

I have a couple of B nibs on 45’s and I love them, even if they are super wet. As far as XF nibs, I have a couple of those also and I like them on 45’s but hate an XF nib on a 75. Go figure….

Those special nibs are an exciting find.  One must be careful when purchasing on Ebay or pen shows from sellers who don't know what they're really selling, as a Parker 45 nib box can say one thing, and even the plastic section can say one thing, but the nib itself may not be what the box or the section indicate.  That's because it is so easy to separate the nib from the feed and the section.  It may depend on how many people have owned the pen, a fact that often is unknown.  The best practice, I think, is to look closely at the tip of the nib with a magnifying glass or loupe.  Has anyone else had the experience of finding a mismatch of this type?

24 minutes ago, donnweinberg said:

Those special nibs are an exciting find.  One must be careful when purchasing on Ebay or pen shows from sellers who don't know what they're really selling, as a Parker 45 nib box can say one thing, and even the plastic section can say one thing, but the nib itself may not be what the box or the section indicate.  That's because it is so easy to separate the nib from the feed and the section.  It may depend on how many people have owned the pen, a fact that often is unknown.  The best practice, I think, is to look closely at the tip of the nib with a magnifying glass or loupe.  Has anyone else had the experience of finding a mismatch of this type?

I have at least 1 or 2 45s where the collar doesn't match the nib, an XF and F that are identical and both different from another F that I have - at least one of them is wrong!! this seller had a few other NOS Parker and Sheaffer Skrip erasers, cartridges, felt tip replacements etc.  and from the photos I remain hopeful that these work out!! 

Yes though - I 100% agree that one needs to be careful with Parker 45 nibs, boxes and collars

A few more 45's...

spacer.png

Left to right...

Flighter 1st Gen, England, 14k England nib.

Flighter 2nd Gen, Spain, Steel England nib.

Insignia 1st Gen, 5 lines, USA, 14k England nib.

Insignia, 1st Gen, 5 lines, USA, 14k USA nib.

Insignia 3rd Gen, 5 lines, France, 585 France nib. Section marked S1800.

Dark Blue Custom, 5 lines RG cap, England, 14k England nib.

Blue TX, England, 14k England nib.

Black TX, UK, Parker gold plate nib. Dated 1994 1st Q.

5 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

A few more 45's...

spacer.png

Left to right...

Flighter 1st Gen, England, 14k England nib.

Flighter 2nd Gen, Spain, Steel England nib.

Insignia 1st Gen, 5 lines, USA, 14k England nib.

Insignia, 1st Gen, 5 lines, USA, 14k USA nib.

Insignia 3rd Gen, 5 lines, France, 585 France nib. Section marked S1800.

Dark Blue Custom, 5 lines RG cap, England, 14k England nib.

Blue TX, England, 14k England nib.

Black TX, UK, Parker gold plate nib. Dated 1994 1st Q.

Very nice Flighters and Insignias...

All the best is only beginning now...

I just received from the Ebay Ariel Kullock "PenPartsStore" in Buenos Aires, Argentina this Parker 45 "Beta" set in a unique light blue (sky blue?) color:

830570829_LightBlueKullockP45-uncapped.jpeg.cb3152477d0dd7a8020d0f28bcec7518.jpeg394526046_LightBlueKullockP45-capped.jpeg.694ada0bfd0caa287d5680fb63975bcb.jpeg

The color under natural light, is more like the pens in the left-side photos (light blue, without green tinting).  Like the five Parker 45 Beta fountain pens often sold as a set (dark blue, medium blue, burgundy, pink, and white), this sixth color version in light blue doesn't seem to permit the unscrewing of the black feed/nib from the section.  Unlike the other Betas, the metal trim is shiny rather than brushed.  The fountain pen is C/C filling, and the ballpoint is push-activated (cap pushes down).  I have an extremely extensive Parker 45 collection, so this is an unexpected nice addition.  

The two Parker 45s I'm still missing and seeking are: (1) the magenta (or pink) fountain pen (one of the "Happy Colors" that is hard to find), and (2) the black circlet harlequin (I've got the grey circlet).