What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

NumberSix

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carguy

• NumberSix

• inkstainedruth

• TheRedBeard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Richard’s profile 

http://www.richardspens.com/ref/profiles/61.htm

States that they were indeed heat set

between that, and the shrinking plastic… my guess is that’s why they fall out. 

soak it in hot water (as people who don’t know they shouldn’t, are likely to do) and you have a recipe for disaster…

not that they were in there very well to start with…

Edit: meant to post this in the 61 arrow thread. Sorry for the double post

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

very jealous.

and unable to bid on the one currently on ebay, way out of my price range sadly. (and getting further out every minute it seems...)

Just now, from browsing through an online shop, I found a Vacumatic double-jewel 51 in Nassau Green, at a price that didn't make me fall over. So I nabbed it. Photos when it arrives (the seller has already taken it down, which is fast work). 

On 2/1/2023 at 9:51 PM, shalitha33 said:

My first parker 65 

large.IMG_20230202_141430.jpg.e94e73ee8ebc4defe59ed4db0cc85c4d.jpg

large.IMG_20230202_143051.jpg.b60dbe21aa19cfbb457d3b4fec19d7b6.jpg

That's a nice looking pen!  I don't know anything about 65s (oh no -- another rabbit hole to go down! :headsmack:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 1/31/2023 at 2:22 AM, Carguy said:

FINALLY! I’m just not sure I want to ink it.

D8D7BFF3-4853-4207-A2B9-4B75D6A227EB.jpeg

Beautiful one. Congratulations! :) 

All the best is only beginning now...

On 2/2/2023 at 2:51 AM, shalitha33 said:

My first parker 65 

large.IMG_20230202_141430.jpg.e94e73ee8ebc4defe59ed4db0cc85c4d.jpg

large.IMG_20230202_143051.jpg.b60dbe21aa19cfbb457d3b4fec19d7b6.jpg

Nice pen. is it NOS?

On 2/3/2023 at 5:01 AM, inkstainedruth said:

That's a nice looking pen!  I don't know anything about 65s (oh no -- another rabbit hole to go down! :headsmack:).

Reportedly, it was designed by Parker to make happy customers who liked 61 but wanted to have an open nib. Most parts of 65 are interchangeable with 61 Mk III. 

Okay, what's the difference between a 61 Mk III and other (I presume earlier) 61s?  Are these the ones which are c/c pens?  (All of mine are capillary fillers, because the concept was just so cool, I had to have one -- and then it snowballed a bit, because I got several OTHER colors of 61s and now have the Flighter one as well....)

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

15 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Okay, what's the difference between a 61 Mk III and other (I presume earlier) 61s?  Are these the ones which are c/c pens?  (All of mine are capillary fillers, because the concept was just so cool, I had to have one -- and then it snowballed a bit, because I got several OTHER colors of 61s and now have the Flighter one as well....)

I think MKIII were the ones with metal cap jewels and aero fillers. The last ones I’m sure, but don’t know if they ever offered the c/c 61….or did they? 

I don't know which is mark I, II and III sorry :(. earlier 61 sections with the metal connector doesn't take barrels intended for the later ones with the plastic connecters, plastic barrel has a slightly larger inner diameter. threads are different as well.  caps also have a different structure that is supposed to be causing trouble. I don't collect 61s so only have a couple of them. one has a badly distorted section like you sometimes see in parker 45s. i guess its the cap at fault :(.

My 65 isn't a NOS but something very well used and kept. there are also few damages to the plastic near the nib, but cap plating and the rest of the body is near perfect. previous owner must have taken care of it really well. 

I just “won” a flighter 61 on the bay. Looks like it’s CC filling. Sadly, no arrow on the hood

I was mistaken, the MKIII was cartridge converter fill because that metal tube filler (that I always think of as an aero) is removable in favor of a cartridge, just like the 45.

Caps and barrels are interchangeable between the pens with plastic connectors but not with one that has the metal connectors. 

large.IMG_20230205_144141.jpg.aaeaac33c9f7fa6c610f90ac0b4737c5.jpg

English black pen with gold trim has something that looks like a converter. But I don't think its meant to come out.

At least I cant pull it out. Its not stuck and freely rotates, but doesn't move out even one bit.

Its ether broken inside or there is some trick to it that I don't know about. It fills and works , so I left it at that.

large.IMG_20230205_144017.jpg.a66bc495b809dd478a87efc229c15f54.jpg

The nib unit.

large.IMG_20230205_144309.jpg.5646fc29edd8611b818de051df6b701e.jpg

The flighter i just got on the bay has the same converter looking filling system as your black English one… and the flighter is English as well.