I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

2 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

I had a look in Daiso today, while I was trying to get more of a particular type of mask that's very comfortable. (We have three different types of reusable face masks from Daiso; the other two are so-so. Alas, what I was after — and wearing at the time — was sold out.) Nope, nothing in A5 or even B5 with dot grid markings, let alone being such and made in Japan. Sorry, it's not like the Chinese is completely without the capability to make good paper, but when I see notebooks “made in China” the first thing that fills my head is doubt about the paper quality with respect to use with fountain pens and inks.

Same here. I don't know of any of my notebooks that I use that have paper made in China.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/23/2021 at 8:39 AM, A Smug Dill said:

Peter Pauper Press has one that is often available from Amazon.com.au for $17.95 (with free delivery if you're a Prime member), and in my experience PPP's paper is more fountain pen friendly than, say, Paperblanks. However, it went up to over $23 two or three days ago, and I don't know when it'll return to the $18 ‘norm‘.

I adore PPP's paper - I don't like the slickness of some other fountain pen friendly papers that other people swear by. PPP's still has a bit of roughness to it.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

On 9/24/2021 at 4:51 AM, inkypete said:

Happy Birthday - hope it is filled with love and stationery.

Thank you inkypete. I appreciate that. I’ll be missing my Dad, but both my brothers will be here, and our Mom. I’ll post photos of any stationery. 

Posted Image

Had to open a new old stock Quo Vadis habana today. Now have less than 10 on hand. I am getting nervous.

9 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Photo of the stationery part of my birthday gifts. 

FC7E2934-4643-4699-8B0D-FFC12FF6BF05.jpeg

Looks like a nice range of gifts. What are the notebooks? I don't recognise them.

3 minutes ago, inkypete said:

Looks like a nice range of gifts. What are the notebooks? I don't recognise them.

They are Colorverse Nebula Note Casual.  Kind of a clunky name.  They come in 6 colors in dotted, plain and ruled. I liked the fact the pages are perforated, so I can use the paper for pen pal letters. 

Posted Image

2 hours ago, Misfit said:

They are Colorverse Nebula Note Casual.  Kind of a clunky name.  They come in 6 colors in dotted, plain and ruled. I liked the fact the pages are perforated, so I can use the paper for pen pal letters. 

Will check them out. Don't know them.

On 9/28/2021 at 5:40 PM, Misfit said:

@inkypete I didn’t know about the Quo Vadis Habana notebooks, so never got one. Have you found any notebook that comes close to it?  

They are slightly larger than A5 and featured originally Clairefontaine white 90sm. Well made, open flat, just the perfect notebook to me. Then they went and changed the paper stock and (for me) ruined the notebook. I note after quite a few years they have gone back to Clairefontaine white 90gsm but I haven't tried the new one. I have about 10 or so of the old so probably won't need to buy them again.

https://www.gouletpens.com/collections/notebooks/products/quo-vadis-habana-notebook-black-dot-grid?variant=16045634682923

Yet another drawing book for pen and ink. Sigh. My excuse is that Inktober begins tomorrow and I just cannot find the one I last used which still has plenty of space.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

On 9/28/2021 at 5:40 PM, Misfit said:

@inkypete I didn’t know about the Quo Vadis Habana notebooks, so never got one. Have you found any notebook that comes close to it?  

To add to that I suppose the best example would be to imagine a Moleskine or similar with quality, white 90gsm Clairefontaine paper.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on fellow addicts - 10 days and no entry? Someone must have bought something, just because.

I'm on a massive tidy up in my stationery wardrobe and finding things I forgot I bought, some a few years ago. A new surprise on every shelf.

13 minutes ago, inkypete said:

Someone must have bought something, just because.

Okay.  For the sake of conversation I'll ask; anyone besides me actually like paper the bleeds?

As mentioned previously I decided to try Bullet Journaling and under the guidance of the Sad Pathetic Support Group acquired and began with the Clairefontaine dotted A5. Then decided (within 10 days) that YES this is for me, so I already have my next two books lined up... one already here on the shelf so I fondle it, the other in transit. Both Leuchtturm one 80gsm, the other 120gsm, because one has to try everything.

Do I need to mention it takes hours to figure out a minimalist layout and colour scheme? And for that one requires a Rhodia dot pad. And since the paperback Clairefontaine is going to struggle with six months constant use it required a Lihit Lab notebook cover that will have room for said minimalist selection of pens and stationery. 'Tis ordered and will arrive. Eventually. I hope.

By this time I was almost a BuJo tragic, but then realised I didn't have a Pencil Board. Had trouble finding one in stock in Australia and ended up paying exorbitant boxed postage for something that would have fit in an envelope (and only needed to travel a few of suburbs from the online-only local store that I prefer not to order from... long old story... getting desperate.). It is nice though... a white Taroko Design with a very dark teal grid. I can even see it through the paper so it's not just an oversized bookmark. And it did come with a melted Tim Tam. B)

Will work for pens... :unsure:

9 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

began with the Clairefontaine dotted A5. Then decided (within 10 days) that YES this is for me, so I already have my next two books lined up... one already here on the shelf so I fondle it, the other in transit. Both Leuchtturm one 80gsm, the other 120gsm, because one has to try everything.

Wait 'til you try the Peter Pauper Press one - I swore by them for years, switched to Endless, but at the end of the day Peter Pauper feels more substantial.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

9 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

I decided to try Bullet Journaling and under the guidance of the Sad Pathetic Support Group acquired and began with the Clairefontaine dotted A

I did the same thing.  That was six months ago.  However, I have yet to grasp the concept of bullet journaling.

1 hour ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Okay.  For the sake of conversation I'll ask; anyone besides me actually like paper the bleeds?

Really? It's a huge no from me.