The Heritage 1914 On Display - It's A Huge Pen !

Sampanel

Thank you :)

In the meantime I have used the 1914 on several occasions in daily business. It is heavy in terms of carrying it around, but writing, signing and taking notes is a wonderful experience due to its balance and the BB nib. People probably recognise it but don't ask about it. And as it is no "bling-bling" design (as with Diamonds and other stuff) no-one surely realizes its value. I am happy that I bought it (in coral).

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Axis

• meiers

• Sampanel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too expensive for me, so settled with the 1912.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

Thank you :)

In the meantime I have used the 1914 on several occasions in daily business. It is heavy in terms of carrying it around, but writing, signing and taking notes is a wonderful experience due to its balance and the BB nib. People probably recognise it but don't ask about it. And as it is no "bling-bling" design (as with Diamonds and other stuff) no-one surely realizes its value. I am happy that I bought it (in coral).

If someone ask you to borrow the red pen, you just have to find a polite, negative answer. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Having seen the pen, one can only say that the appearance is most attractive. However, actually using the pen in company of others I thought would be something of an embarrassment, given its exceptional size.

Finally viewed the Heritage pens at Madison Ave Boutique, last week. Congratulations to anyone fortunate enough to have the black or coral version, huge pens, dramatic in their beauty. Wonderful nibs, impressive quality design.

The 1912 is a striking little pen, just wish the snow cap was a more traditional form of white on black composition.

Finally viewed the Heritage pens at Madison Ave Boutique, last week. Congratulations to anyone fortunate enough to have the black or coral version, huge pens, dramatic in their beauty. Wonderful nibs, impressive quality design.

The 1912 is a striking little pen, just wish the snow cap was a more traditional form of white on black composition.

Well that's because the star on the cap of the 1912 is made from quartz and shimmers at certain angles against light, which is unique.

The 1914 on the other hand, is really huge for a pen and ridiculously expensive....but in a class of its own.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I was in Singapore two days ago and went into a Mont Blanc Boutique to have a look as usual. I was struck by a beautiful black fountain pen. It has a huge size. I could't take my eyes from it and kept looking at it. I have never seen a huge size fountain pen by MB. I told the sales person that it was a beautiful pen. She told me it was a limited edition of 1000 pieces - Heritage 1914.

I went back to my hotel after that. But my mind just couldn't erase the beautiful piece of pen. I made a call from my hotel room and asked the shop for the cost. Wow! It's close to US$6,000/-.

I hesitated and finally went back to the shop in 20 minutes and bought the Heritage 1914 pen. I used the MB permanent black ink and when I write, it was fantastic. Of course must get used to holding and writing on such a big beast. But overall, very contented with it.

I found the edition number to be 618/1000.

Thank you.

kaikeong

Hi!

I was in Singapore two days ago and went into a Mont Blanc Boutique to have a look as usual. I was struck by a beautiful black fountain pen. It has a huge size. I could't take my eyes from it and kept looking at it. I have never seen a huge size fountain pen by MB. I told the sales person that it was a beautiful pen. She told me it was a limited edition of 1000 pieces - Heritage 1914.

I went back to my hotel after that. But my mind just couldn't erase the beautiful piece of pen. I made a call from my hotel room and asked the shop for the cost. Wow! It's close to US$6,000/-.

I hesitated and finally went back to the shop in 20 minutes and bought the Heritage 1914 pen

I usually follow the same path: look, think/dream about, leave, (re)think/dream about, go back, buy. :) Only with a "zero" less in the price-tag. :)

Enclosed a shot to show the size of the 1914 pen as compared to JFK Special Edition pen. I love the size of 1914. The mother of pearl on the cap is also very beautiful.

kaikeong

post-124005-0-35917900-1437707935_thumb.jpg

post-124005-0-98750100-1437707944_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Kaikeong! An exciting story and a wonderful pen you have there. :)

What size nib do you have in "the Beast"?

I would encourage you to post your photos in the "Whats your most recent MB purchase ?" Thread too.

Congratulations Kaikeong! An exciting story and a wonderful pen you have there. :)

What size nib do you have in "the Beast"?

I would encourage you to post your photos in the "Whats your most recent MB purchase ?" Thread too.

It has a M nib on it.

:puddle: I am so very jealous! I am not usually a Montblanc person, but I have the 1912 and covet the 1914 in Coral - just beautiful!

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Enclosed a shot to show the size of the 1914 pen as compared to JFK Special Edition pen. I love the size of 1914. The mother of pearl on the cap is also very beautiful.

kaikeong

That is absolutely, stunningly beautiful. I believe I remember seeing it last year at the Marina Bay Sands MontBlanc boutique. The 1912 and 1914 are such a unique design that only gets better, bigger! I would be great if you posted images of the nib.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

fpn_1437918675__img_2657.jpg

This is the most beautiful MOP I've even seen. At first I thought it is too expensive last year , however as a MB collector, it is hard to reject finally.

The coral 1914 is one of the most beautiful pens I've ever seen. I'm glad a couple of our members have been able to obtain one. Enjoy!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

That is absolutely, stunningly beautiful. I believe I remember seeing it last year at the Marina Bay Sands MontBlanc boutique. The 1912 and 1914 are such a unique design that only gets better, bigger! I would be great if you posted images of the nib.

Hi! Steve,

Here you are the close up shots of the nib 1914. I love the M size nib. Just comfortable.

Cheers

kaikeong

post-124005-0-85857600-1437973616_thumb.jpeg

post-124005-0-68276500-1437973640_thumb.jpeg

Wow, my experience is completely the opposite. I absolutely loved my 1912 so much that when the 1914 was announced, I placed my order for the pen.

My ownership experience has been more rocky than many of you. First, the BB nib I got for the nib exchange I felt only B in width. It did not seem like a BB compared with my other MBs. The nib also required a little smoothing before it could be used because otherwise it hard started quite a bit.

On top of all that, the pen is so heavy and the nib so large, and pen was very unwieldy to use. I could write about a sentence or 2 before hand fatigue set in :( . I had a love hate relationship with the pen because I really wanted to love it but it was not useable for me.

That was until I realized I could write with the nib extended only 1/3 of the way. Wow this little trick transformed the pen handling characteristics completely. It's now a joy to use :wub: Now the only problem is to be able to carry the pen effectively. It's so large, it does not fit in any of my pen cases :angry:

fpn_1438367080__fullsizerender.jpg

I recently carried my pens with the LV pen pouch. Although 1914 can be put in the pouch, I worry the lacquer will be damaged due to the pressure on the surface. I use the silk Nakaya pen pouch this time and it is perfect to match. And I found the M nib writes smoothly but like F, maybe as the new tool pen , I will not exchange the nib to B or BB this time.

Edited by mjchuang9

Ah... the LV pen pouch. I also have this, in the same finish. Unfortunately I don't use it very much because it only secures the pens with one band in the middle of the pen. I find many of my pens with knock against each other because of that. I recently found an Aston pen case that can even accommodate my Namiki Emperor. That's the pen case I use now.

I use a Montblanc pouch for the 1914 that is usually used when returned from repair or so. When you take off the cord the 1914 fits in perfectly and is thus safe against the odds of carrying it around. Attached a pic (the pen is out for display purpose but it fits perfectly into the pouch).

post-116865-0-70279300-1438509358_thumb.jpg