"best" Chinese Pen With A Gold Nib

truthpil

And these pens are the new version of Hero 120 or the old one , of a thing i am sure they are not Hero 110.

These are a new model that unfortunately uses an old number. It seems like Hero is finally catching up with the times and updating their classic models to take cartridges and converters.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• Mech-for-i

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

• Hanoi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are a new model that unfortunately uses an old number. It seems like Hero is finally catching up with the times and updating their classic models to take cartridges and converters.

It look cool this Hero 120 i like it .

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

It look cool this Hero 120 i like it .

Me too, I just wish it didn't cost as much as a Hero 100 in China haha.

Me too, I just wish it didn't cost as much as a Hero 100 in China haha.

Well how much it costs ? If when comes to ebay it costs around 40 to 60 american $ i guess it is ok .

Ionut - Marius

Well how much it costs ? If when comes to ebay it costs around 40 to 60 american $ i guess it is ok .

The lowest I've seen them sold for in China is equivalent to US$43.

My concern is whether the body is made from the same nice material as the 100s or the cheaper feeling material of the 616.

My guess is they used the same material as the new 100 colors (since the 120 uses the same colors), but I have too many Parker 51s for it to be worth getting a 120 to find out.

• 1 month later...

My Hero 2065 it's the best signature pen i have seen until now . :)

Mhz99ai.jpg

Ionut - Marius

My first Wing Sung 698 with 14k nib arrived yesterday and I am amazed at how well it writes. The NOS 14k Lucky nib has gotten mixed reviews, but I decided to take a risk and am glad I did.

The nib isn't buttery smooth, but the feedback isn't enough to bother me. It's actually very soft and flexes quite easily with decent snap back. It flexes almost but not quite as much as a Noodler's or FPR regular flex nib, but with less pressure required. I can even write quickly while flexing. Flex is even better than on some of my vintage semi-flex nibs! That's really saying something. I've also not been able to make it railroad, and I really tried. Perhaps being a piston filler with all that ink behind the feed has something to do with it. Again, I'm really surprised at how good a flex nib this is.

Shanghai Jingdian on Taobao has these with steel or 10k nibs. For some strange reason they have them with 10k Delike nibs instead of the NOS 12k nibs.

One question about the 103: is the squeeze converter removable or permanently attached?

The 10k nib maybe Hero‘s product.

Interesting that delike makes the nibs.

I wish Chinese companies would hurry up and start building brand identity. Narrow down the number of models and start marketing them a little more seriously. The only one that's really done the job is moonman (Sort of) and penbbs.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

• 4 weeks later...

The results of my long quest for good Chinese gold nibs which prompted this thread:

1) I find the NOS 14k Lucky nib that can be had on a Wing Sung 698 to be the best soft Chinese gold nib currently available. I'd even categorize it as flexible because the line variation is about even to a Noodler's Nib Creaper nib.

2) The 14k nib on the Hero 100 seems to be the best Chinese "nail" gold nib if you happen to get a good one. They can be buttery smooth.

I have the $70 hero retractible nib pen with the 10k nib coming in the mail any time now.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

• 2 months later...

The lowest I've seen them sold for in China is equivalent to US$43.

My concern is whether the body is made from the same nice material as the 100s or the cheaper feeling material of the 616.

My guess is they used the same material as the new 100 colors (since the 120 uses the same colors), but I have too many Parker 51s for it to be worth getting a 120 to find out.

Well i managed to put my hands on a Hero 120 and as a bonus on a Wing Sung 105 . What a great writers they are :) i love it .

post-134601-0-63845300-1550769726_thumb.jpg

post-134601-0-54603800-1550769739_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

• 2 weeks later...

The results of my long quest for good Chinese gold nibs which prompted this thread:

1) I find the NOS 14k Lucky nib that can be had on a Wing Sung 698 to be the best soft Chinese gold nib currently available. I'd even categorize it as flexible because the line variation is about even to a Noodler's Nib Creaper nib.

2) The 14k nib on the Hero 100 seems to be the best Chinese "nail" gold nib if you happen to get a good one. They can be buttery smooth.

I believe that on point 2) Hero 120 beat's the hell of the Hero 100 at smoothness of the nib , sturdiness and it's easier to clean .

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Ionut - Marius

I believe that on point 2) Hero 120 beat's the hell of the Hero 100 at smoothness of the nib , sturdiness and it's easier to clean .

You may have just been lucky, as I've found little consistency in smoothness between Hero hooded nibs.

I wonder exactly what 12k nib is in the 120, NOS from a past model or something totally new.

Edited by TruthPil

You may have just been lucky, as I've found little consistency in smoothness between Hero hooded nibs.

I wonder exactly what 12k nib is in the 120, NOS from a past model or something totally new.

Hero 120 i believe it have the same inside structure like the Hero 616 plus, and maybe it has the same type of nib .Then i don't believe it's a nos it's looks totally new made .

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Ionut - Marius

My Hero 2065 it's the best signature pen i have seen until now . :)

Mhz99ai.jpg

I have been giving thought to purchasing this pen. Your detailed thoughts??

My experience with Hero current production 10K nib had all been positive I would not say they are butter smooth but they are generally smooth with a bit of feedback and a slight cushioned type of bounciness ; personally I like the pencil sized ( literally same diameter as a standard hexagonal pencil ) H703 ( a copy of sort of the Cross Spire ) or the more traditional ( but heavily build ) H708

44237404921_61cf8912bf_k.jpgHero H708, on Flickr

I have been giving thought to purchasing this pen. Your detailed thoughts??

Well depends on what you want in a pen Hero 2065 it's a beautiful fountain pen , a very nice signature pen , a wet writer but not so good for flex and long writing sessions because the pen it's on the havy side , but all in all this it's a very nice pen .

Ionut - Marius

Well depends on what you want in a pen Hero 2065 it's a beautiful fountain pen , a very nice signature pen , a wet writer but not so good for flex and long writing sessions because the pen it's on the havy side , but all in all this it's a very nice pen .

Checked the weight for the 2065 - 45g. I tend to write w/o caps (unless it is a pocket pen). Have small hands. So without the cap, it might not be too bad. Have you tackled using micromesh with gold nibs?