mehandiratta

I received just recently V16, with gold F nib, from my sister's MIL.

It has a great sentimental value - V16 black (though in OM) was my first fountain pen, back at elementary school, age 9.

How that happened was a typical school-child-last-minute-8:00 p.m- cry for help "Dad - from tomorrow we need to bring FP at school, and start writing with it". He pulled something small, in a pen pouch, from his drawer, we inked it with ever-present Pelikan Royal Blue - and I was all set!

It served me well for several years of school and homework - but somehow other pens later replaced it - and I was never able to find my first Kaweco again.

This one is a fantastic replacement!

fpn_1515843319__70ecd31a-88a1-4a7d-8a18-

oh that is a catch...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• mehandiratta

• OMASsimo

• Azuniga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kaweco –Luxe U 96, PBF, 13.5 cm closed. With a Kaweco 18 car No 6 (M) early fifties when the factory name was Woringer & Graube. The 1st edition of the Lambrou book mentions it briefly.

fpn_1519424167__kl1.jpg

fpn_1519424192__kl2.jpg

fpn_1519424216__kl3.jpg

fpn_1519424243__kl4.jpg

fpn_1519424268__kl5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is my brand new Kaweco Liliput Fireblue with EF nib. It writes very smooth out of the box.

post-141875-0-38287800-1520620829_thumb.jpg

Kaweco –Luxe U 96, PBF, 13.5 cm closed. With a Kaweco 18 car No 6 (M) early fifties when the factory name was Woringer & Graube. The 1st edition of the Lambrou book mentions it briefly.

fpn_1519424167__kl1.jpg

fpn_1519424192__kl2.jpg

fpn_1519424216__kl3.jpg

fpn_1519424243__kl4.jpg

fpn_1519424268__kl5.jpg

Wow! What a beautiful find, congratulations.

• 2 weeks later...

Azuniga, take me to your dealer :) Where do you find such beautiful pens from?

Mostly at the German pen shows, i am just coming back from Koln where i found some exceptional pieces...

Mostly at the German pen shows, i am just coming back from Koln where i found some exceptional pieces...

Nice, please do share pics when you get a chance!!

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

• 1 month later...

Kaweco X Supreme with a Schmidt refill. I wish they had done a fountain pen.

post-123943-0-79103200-1526851006_thumb.jpeg

Edited by piblondin

Kaweco X Supreme with a Schmidt refill. I wish they had done a fountain pen.

Supreme ??? shed more light please

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

"SUPREME is an American skateboarding & clothing brand established in NYC in April of 1994. The brand caters to the skateboarding, hip hop & rock cultures, as well as to the youth culture in general." (from a quick WIKIPEDIA search)

There are now locations, besides the 11 in NYC, in LA, Paris, London & Tokyo. They also offered a white Sport rollerball by Kaweco in 2013, besides this Al Sport pen in red.

I suppose it is a similar to the Kaweco pens made for the Chinese & Asian market, targeting certain pens to certain markets, in this case with a "branded" identifier.

I am jelous of all the vintage Kawecos in this great thread...

besides my V16 most other Kawecos I own are modern

here is the Elite, from left, (then a Lamy 2000) a Dia II and a Sport Luxe

fpn_1527031181__p1080916-3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Kaweco I have acquired. Very nice nib and it writes beautiful. Alas, I have no idea of the model or year of fabrication.

stilou_kaweco_vintage_reparatii_stilouri

DSC_1559.jpg

DSC_1558.jpg

264643240_minoxandfountainpen.png.2be96a1cb960c6ba19879d9d0fb2a13a.png              Fountain pens and Minox                                 

Latest Kaweco I have acquired. Very nice nib and it writes beautiful. Alas, I have no idea of the model or year of fabrication.

DSC_1559.jpg

DSC_1558.jpg

Wow, I would imagine pre-1939 because its a button filler and has a gold nib (so pre war). Just a guess

• 5 months later...

Hello friends, look what I got here. The top two are new additions...

Wow! Look at that mottled HR! How exquisite!

Hello friends, look what I got here. The top two are new additions...

Nice pieces, I love the elephant and the monkey clips...

The Red mottled is very similar to the one I presented in the page 4 of this same thread... at that time I thought it was a prototype now yours proves me wrong, it seem it was a normal production... very surprising piece...

Wow! Look at that mottled HR! How exquisite!

Thanks - that was one my grails thanks to the Gentleman quoted below who introduced me to this unicorn of a pen.

Nice pieces, I love the elephant and the monkey clips...

The Red mottled is very similar to the one I presented in the page 4 of this same thread... at that time I thought it was a prototype now yours proves me wrong, it seem it was a normal production... very surprising piece...

Ariel, yes I could not believe my eyes when I saw this pen as you had suggested this was a prototype. It does has the KaWeCo barrel imprint unlike your pen - unsure if that disqualifies from it being a prototype. Regardless it is a beautiful piece. I would love to get myself a Aurumia though... someday :)

Edited by markiv

Ariel, yes I could not believe my eyes when I saw this pen as you had suggested this was a prototype. It does has the KaWeCo barrel imprint unlike your pen - unsure if that disqualifies from it being a prototype. Regardless it is a beautiful piece. I would love to get myself a Aurumia though... someday :)

Not long ago one of the members of pendbord.de was offering one Aurumia in very good conditions... Now that I know, as soon as there is one around I will let you know...

(I should have known !!! you have a pretty good taste)