mehandiratta

Thank you very much for this information, which confirms my initial guess. Is this something you found out from the mentioned book? In that case, I would be even more inclined to buy it. I have a few other Kawecos which puzzle me regarding dating them.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• mehandiratta

• OMASsimo

• Azuniga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you very much for this information, which confirms my initial guess. Is this something you found out from the mentioned book? In that case, I would be even more inclined to buy it. I have a few other Kawecos which puzzle me regarding dating them.

I had read it somewhere else, but the book confirmed the information indeed... All the best

I profit of this response to add a Kaweco.

It is a Kaweco Toledo, it measures closed 10.7 cm I do not know if it is rare but at least uncommon. It came with the box and a curious alternative clip that does not seems necessary, but most probably the original owner or someone later wanted to protect the fragile lip, so it can be used with or without it… the cork seems tight enough so maybe it was not used much or at all…

fpn_1510504807__kt1.jpg

fpn_1510504841__kt2.jpg

fpn_1510504864__kt3.jpg

fpn_1510504889__kt4.jpg

fpn_1510504916__kt5.jpg

Edited by Azuniga

Wow, what a stunning find, congratulations! Since you say that the cork is tight, it must be a piston filler. But wouldn't the Morton nib put it more into the 1910s-1920s?

My nicest find as of late is a Carat 290/1 in very good condition with a lovely 06 (OB) 14k nib. It is made entirely of black celluloid and two plain and one ornate cap rings. Again, dating this pen seems a puzzle. The Carat was the top of the line pen in the 1930s and its production has been resumed in the 1950s. It measures 128 mm capped with a barrel diameter of 13 mm and a cap diameter of 14.2 mm. This would have been a stately pen in the 1930s but nothing out of the ordinary in the 1950s. Any infos anyone?

Here are pictures:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my Kaweco sport in mint. (Taken from an Instagram post of mine, so sorry about the size.)

It's my second Kaweco after the Perkeo. I'm just curious about the material though. The plastic it's made of seems to be a lot lighter/thinner than other pens. Does it hide some sturdiness (despite the lightweight build)? :P

24274605_1528994583848727_41423439065597

I am the girl with the long name, or simply cza

Awesome - congratulations on yet another beauty.

I had read it somewhere else, but the book confirmed the information indeed... All the best

I profit of this response to add a Kaweco.

It is a Kaweco Toledo, it measures closed 10.7 cm I do not know if it is rare but at least uncommon. It came with the box and a curious alternative clip that does not seems necessary, but most probably the original owner or someone later wanted to protect the fragile lip, so it can be used with or without it… the cork seems tight enough so maybe it was not used much or at all…

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing this pen; I presume the term "Industry Green" is a new color? It surely looks different than the original (dark) green I have. Is it a "special" edition for a certain market? Where should we look to find this color Kaweco Sport? I think it is most handsome & appreciate seeing it.

lovely Kaweco thread!

Astron, you deserve a prize, and if nothing else, you have my gratitude for reposting you images after the Photobucket disaster.

thank you

a Kaweco Sport Luxe

the Luxe differs from the ordinary Sport in that it has a built on (typical old style Kaweco) clip and uses much smoother resin.

fpn_1515458383__p1040365-3.jpg

fpn_1515458537__p1040369-3.jpg

@sansenri

Hello. I don't know why I deserve this but you are welcome. shrug-smiley.png

Edited by Astron

@sansenri

Hello. I don't know why I deserve this but you are welcome. shrug-smiley.png

Well I want to Thank You for explaining the origin of the new color of the Kaweco Sport pen! I did not have luck finding the pen for sale but was successful in finding a Seller on AMAZON that was selling other" limited" edition Kaweco Sports made for the Chinese market, so perhaps in time it may turn up there.

Thank you for sharing this pen; I presume the term "Industry Green" is a new color? It surely looks different than the original (dark) green I have. Is it a "special" edition for a certain market? Where should we look to find this color Kaweco Sport? I think it is most handsome & appreciate seeing it.

It is a limited edition for China Market...

Thank you for the appreciation

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

@Astron

simply because you uploaded your images again... :) if all the photobucket (or ex photobucket) users did that, perhaps even just a few photos per day, many older threads could be restored to their original purpose

Here is the yellow Art Sport (Amecitrin)

sorry for the smartphone pictures, I do not have better lighting at this time of night

fpn_1515542533__20180110_003632-3.jpg

fpn_1515542600__20180110_003703-3.jpg

fpn_1515542674__20180110_003726-3.jpg

and I really hate myself for taking such a quick and dirty picture of my brown v16 OB piston filler, but here it is

(I am told it is not so frequent to find this colour)

fpn_1515543724__kaweco_v16_ob_brown-3.jp

I received just recently V16, with gold F nib, from my sister's MIL.

It has a great sentimental value - V16 black (though in OM) was my first fountain pen, back at elementary school, age 9.

How that happened was a typical school-child-last-minute-8:00 p.m- cry for help "Dad - from tomorrow we need to bring FP at school, and start writing with it". He pulled something small, in a pen pouch, from his drawer, we inked it with ever-present Pelikan Royal Blue - and I was all set!

It served me well for several years of school and homework - but somehow other pens later replaced it - and I was never able to find my first Kaweco again.

This one is a fantastic replacement!

fpn_1515843319__70ecd31a-88a1-4a7d-8a18-

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

@MsRedPen

Nice to share similar stories

my sister and I both had the same pen at primary school, a pelikan 120, we both lost it (or destroyed it...?)

a few years ago I bought two identical near mint 120s, kept one and gave the other to my sister as a gift!

forgive the OT...