mehandiratta

My Kaweco's the Blue Jeans Denim version and the black carbon fiber version

The carbon fiber always goes in a case, doesn't it? I'm afraid to carry mine anywhere but in my shirt pocket or a case to prevent damaging the anodizing.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• mehandiratta

• OMASsimo

• Azuniga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Coral and Light Lavender.

moldlines.thumb.JPG.5e88b4363770e4c3b0951db312f4f517.JPG

Does anyone here find these mold lines on the cap somewhat ruins the aesthetics of this pen? It's a bit more obvious on the lavender. I am not sure what is stopping Kaweco from eliminating these. Probably needs a new mold cavity but I'm sure that is doable. 

• 1 year later...

I just bought this. I know nothing about it, and I suspect the nib is wrong. Please help.

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Rad from Alabama_________________________

Here are my two Kaweco Ice Sports filled with holiday ink. 

large.FF60D6A2-8CAB-438F-882A-11D9965C0275.jpeg.79459d8807f0d25cfb0314196a53a07a.jpeg

The Ice Sport is discontinued. I looked at a lot of links.  I found a red and a blue one for sale on Reddit. 

Posted Image

On 11/25/2022 at 11:02 AM, radconsta said:

I just bought this. I know nothing about it, and I suspect the nib is wrong. Please help.

s-l1600 (5).jpg

That is a nice looking vintage Kaweco!  I don't know the model, but the nib might be correct for this pen - seems like 'Warranted' was stamped on a lot of nibs to certify that it was 14k (see https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/86763-what-does-the-word-warranted-mean/

Here's a link to a review showing a nib stamped with both 'warranted' and the Kaweco logo: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/353265-kaweco-85-with-14k-fk-nib-review/.  So it seems like Kaweco did stamp 'warranted' on their nibs. I can only speculate that this might have been a replacement nib, but perhaps provided by Kaweco without the logo.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:26 PM, hairlame said:

That is a nice looking vintage Kaweco!  I don't know the model, but the nib might be correct for this pen - seems like 'Warranted' was stamped on a lot of nibs to certify that it was 14k (see https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/86763-what-does-the-word-warranted-mean/

Here's a link to a review showing a nib stamped with both 'warranted' and the Kaweco logo: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/353265-kaweco-85-with-14k-fk-nib-review/.  So it seems like Kaweco did stamp 'warranted' on their nibs. I can only speculate that this might have been a replacement nib, but perhaps provided by Kaweco without the logo.

Thank you for the info, hairlame!

Rad from Alabama_________________________

Here my favorite Kaweco, and one of my favorite pens in general.  A vintage Kaweco Sport from the 30s/40s with a OM nib sourced from a Mont Blanc 144 that has seen better days. The clip came from a Kaweco Dia. 

kaweco sport 1930s mb nib.jpg

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

14 hours ago, Misfit said:

@RevAaron I bet the current Kaweco Sport Guilloche is modeled after yours. I own a modern Guilloche Kaweco pen. 

I bet it is! The very first Sport made in the 1930s, one model before this one, also had a guilloche pattern like this.  Very handsome. As far as I can tell, the body is celluloid and the cap is ebonite - fun combo. It'd be cool to see someone make a current ebonite Sport!

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I got this Kaweco yesterday. I saw the USA exclusive Black Crystal pen set. At $70, I just couldn’t justify it. So here is an attempt to mimic that clear version with the Frosted natural coconut Sport. I got it with a 1.1mm stub nib. For some reason, I love this one. 

large.IMG_9803.jpeg.ff8330a1d3a8e440b7639f970490b760.jpeg

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

I figured I’d show all the Kaweco fountain pens I own right now.  There are two on order, and one waiting to be a gift (either birthday or Christmas).

large.IMG_9849.jpeg.32cee9bfe2bcd96c064dd44ae5c344b7.jpeg

From top:

European exclusive Dark Brown classic, red Ice Sport, Goldspot exclusive transparent Turquoise skyline, green Ice Sport, Iridescent collection, Mint skyline, Macchiato skyline, green Classic, red fox skyline,  Frosted natural coconut, Chess Classic, Guilloche Classic,  AL Sport Stonewashed blue. 

Posted Image

1 minute ago, JamesonJabiru said:

Im so lusting after a brass sport with a stub nib.....

I only have one of the AL pens.  Do you think you’ll eventually buy the brass version?  The 1.1mm stub nib is great. 

Posted Image

6 minutes ago, Misfit said:

I only have one of the AL pens.  Do you think you’ll eventually buy the brass version?  The 1.1mm stub nib is great. 

Its already in my cart at my pen sellers site. I just need to save up a bit....

Cult Pens has a preorder on an exclusive Apple Green in the plastic Sport line. 

Posted Image

On 5/5/2021 at 10:04 PM, Logen from Seremban said:

Coral and Light Lavender.

moldlines.thumb.JPG.5e88b4363770e4c3b0951db312f4f517.JPG

Does anyone here find these mold lines on the cap somewhat ruins the aesthetics of this pen? It's a bit more obvious on the lavender. I am not sure what is stopping Kaweco from eliminating these. Probably needs a new mold cavity but I'm sure that is doable. 

Those are great colors. 

Posted Image