What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Just came in from india post office. Straight from China.

Excellent smooth writing experience.

Only problem I encountered was the tight slip on cap, a bit tight for the plastic section, easily gets scratched.

But overall, a pleasant OTB experience attachicon.gifIMG_20170808_123228.jpg

​Bril ink is very nice

too bad we can't get them outside of India

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the first time I've seen this pen too.

I really like it.

It comes in a few different guises I see.

Another one for the list.

Thanks Haun :D

No problem. I'll write with it for a couple of weeks, and then I think I'll make a review, because it sure is nice at this price point.

colleague visitng China bring back a souvenir ; a purple Wing Sung 3003 ( aka Pilot Prera copy ) so this is what I inked up for current rotation

Hero-Jinhao Frankenpen

fpn_1506013818__hero-jinhao-pen.jpg

It is comprised of a Hero 7022 two-toned (gold and silver) colored nib and Jinhao 992 feed, grip, barrel and cap. The 992 came with a F steel nib that wrote broader than i liked so i replaced it with the Finer, better looking but smaller Hero nib.

fpn_1506014924__hero-jinhao-nib.jpg

However, the feed was too long and wide; sticking out beyond the sides of the smaller Hero nib. So i cut 1mm off the point of the feed and shaved its sides to fit properly, filled it with Sailor Sei-Boku nano blue ink and . . . it works perfectly! Probably beginners' luck though but i like the look and feel of it much better now.

fpn_1506015145__hero-jinhao-feed.jpg

Edited by Inkroyable

the Cat did it

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Wing Sung 1129

Wing Sung 1129 - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 14 cm ,

Filling System - It is C/C ,

Color - Orange plastic cap, with a orange plastic Barrel and section .

Nib - A fine hooded nib .

Ink - Pelikan 4001, Royal Blue .

post-134601-0-57344900-1506260640_thumb.jpg

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

I was planning to use my Jinhao 450 with Goulet stub nib. But when I started to remove the cap, a flood of J.Herbin Eclat de Saphir ran down my hands, onto my pants and the carpet. (Big, deep, breath!) This pen does not travel well. After this trip, it will become a "homebody".

And yes, after a bit of scrubbing, I managed to get the most of the ink out. Thankfully, I was wearing a dark color of jeans.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Picasso 999 inked with diamine midnight, is my main player today.

What a pen. :wub:

Ian

Hello,

here is a little review of the Hero 1078 with FUDE nib.

Thank you for watching and sharing!!

MontPelikan

Black Baoer 517 inked with D. Midnight

Red Baoer 517 inked with D. Blood Orange

Picasso 917 inked with D. Sherwood

Jinhao 675 inked with D. Amber

I am trying a Wing Sung 698 which I understand is from Hero Pens and I am very satisfied. I hope that with this I am subscribed to this tread, or as this may be named.

Today I will be writing with:

Wing Sung 2007 inked with Diamine Oxblood.

Baoer Eight Horses inked with Iroshizuko Ina Ho

Luoshi 237 Diamine Grey

All three pens are great writers. The 2007 and the Luoshi in particular.

Don't want to stop writing with either once I keep going.

You appear to be enjoying the 992 Eli, or are you just trying to find a matching ink? :lol:

Ian

Hi Ian. this is oneill and I have just seen your invitation to me to show some of my Jinhao pens which

have been out of stock for years and Yes I still have them all 14 or so when I work out how to do that I will,at 87 years things get a bit vague, be patient,I have noticed on e-bay that there are a (bleep) load of pens which are supposed to be for instance Mother of Pearl and are actually NO Resemblance to that description which means of

course that the sellers of those pen are as far as I am concerned attempting to defraud buyers!!!! I have just

located a site which has several of these fab pens for sale and yes they actually are Mother of pearl the site is

aliexpress and if you type in Abalone fountain pens you will find several of what I consider the most beautiful

fountain pens made by Jinhao, I have three of them in my collection,the cost of them is rather rich. but if you

type into E-Bay Jinhao 8802 vivid shell you will get the same pen for lots less, Trust Me. oneill