• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a nice pen Mech.

Is it slim?

The body and section looks somewhat Waterman-esque.

Ian

Jin Hao - 159

Jin Hao - 159 - It is a Fountain Pen with a classic nib .

Length 15 cm ,

Filling System - It is C/C ,

Color - Metal cap and Barrel , with a black plastic section .

Nib - A medium classic nib .

Ink - Pelikan 4001, Royal Blue .

post-134601-0-01401700-1511429020_thumb.jpg

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

That's a nice pen Mech.

Is it slim?

Ian

OK it might look slim especially against most of todays' styling with their bulged out profile or fat girth but this is not slim by any mean, its a standard size pen. with the cap on its just a straight cylinder , 10.8mm diameter and its length is the same as the 616 standard

Jin Hao - 250

Jin Hao - 250 - It is a Fountain Pen with a classic nib .

Length 14,5 cm ,

Color - Steel barrel and cap section and a metal section .

post-134601-0-59410000-1511502544_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

That's a nice pen Mech.

Is it slim?

Ian

Hi Ian, type in Comparison Guide for the Fountain Pen .and tell me what you think about this article. Oneill

Got a jinhao x750 couple day ago but it skip and dry out often. I like the size and weight of the pen and it's quite nice in flat black.

Tried combination of removing breather tube, removing spring, moving the feed, deep cleaning of everything and it still skip and dry out. At least now it's more juicy than it was.

The nib is scratchy (left or right not down or up) too.

The worst part of these pen is the stupidly small converter in a quite large size pen but it seems to be common practice of many manufacturer not just chinese.

I have another x750 coming from xfountainpen with a set of nibs, will try to build one good x750 out of two.

Hi There if you have flushed the pen out with a good detergent and then clean water, try another Convertor it

may well fix the problem.Trust Me, oneill

Oneill, I can't find an article. What exactly should I be typing? and where, google?

Today I'm rocking my Hero 1026, inked with Private Reserve DC Supershow blue.

On Oxford Optik paper, this is my smoothest nibbed pen. (of my finer nibs).

There is virtually no feedback at all, and to be honest, it's an odd feeling when writing.

It feels as though there's nothing happening, yet there is ink on the page.

It's a feeling, when writing, that I'm not too sure about.

It's a far more "normal" feeling when writing on rougher graffico paper, but still very smooth though.

Horses for Courses :D

A most splendid pen. :thumbup:

Ian

Wing Sung 3008 with some custom orange ink on a vintage clairefontaine staple bound notebook.

fpn_1511592367__img_3193.jpg

I got this pen in the mail today and I'm impress at how nice the pen feels in the hand. The piston know does not click so I would be worried about carrying it around.

Baoer - 388

Baoer - 388 - It is a Fountain Pen with a classic nib .

Length 13,5 cm ,

Color - Steel barrel and cap with a black plastic section .

post-134601-0-02236700-1511596711_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Mech-for-i,

Your Hero is so simple and elegant. I agree with Ian — the design has Waterman elements, but stands on its own.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Oneill, I can't find an article. What exactly should I be typing? and where, google?

Today I'm rocking my Hero 1026, inked with Private Reserve DC Supershow blue.

On Oxford Optik paper, this is my smoothest nibbed pen. (of my finer nibs).

There is virtually no feedback at all, and to be honest, it's an odd feeling when writing.

It feels as though there's nothing happening, yet there is ink on the page.

It's a feeling, when writing, that I'm not too sure about.

It's a far more "normal" feeling when writing on rougher graffico paper, but still very smooth though.

Horses for Courses :D

A most splendid pen. :thumbup:

Ian

Hi Ian. all I do is to type into Bing I think is the following. Comparison guide for the best Fountain

Pen. and this fabulous article comes up/Maybe. let me know what happens and I will research this area.Oneill

Hi Ian. all I do is to type into Bing I think is the following. Comparison guide for the best Fountain

Pen. and this fabulous article comes up/Maybe. let me know what happens and I will research this area.Oneill

Hi Again Ian, I just did it and it works for me, maybe its because you come from over the Border!!!!!!!

just look down the list and its there, somewhere.Oneill

Hi Again Ian, I just did it and it works for me, maybe its because you come from over the Border!!!!!!!

just look down the list and its there, somewhere.Oneill

A hope yer nae ganni introduce Scottish Drones for obvious reasons!!!! A havne seen any dressed in Tartan.Oneill

Baoer - 801

Baoer - 801 - It is a Fountain Pen with a classic nib .

Length 14 cm ,

Color - Steel barrel and cap and a metal section .

post-134601-0-65972400-1511777037_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Mech-for-i,

Your Hero is so simple and elegant. I agree with Ian — the design has Waterman elements, but stands on its own.

I do agree with that too, the straight piece of a rod style of a fountain pen is very much early 90's after the 80's slim piece of a wand style , but Hero seems to like this style so much they keep doing this same styling even up to today with plenty of various models .. Its also probably a case that the pen styled this way condone to it being used ( like a brush )

I got a pen haul from China, and I'm working through my test drives of them. Right now, I'm on my favorite of all of them, thus far, the Luoshi 291, in blue, loaded up with Pilot Blue-Black. The 291 is an all-metal pen, nib section included, with good balance and heft, but not too much. It's still a very smooth writer and on the wet side, so it feels like writing with a medium nib.

I'm very happy with this pen and plan to keep it in heavy rotation.

What it looks like:

post-121662-0-88235000-1511984754_thumb.jpg

Apologies for cutting off the top of the cap. I'm no photographer, that's for sure.

Hello,

today I inked up my Wing Sung 9133 with Pelikan Black for review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUggXU__eCk

Thank you for watching and sharing,

MontPelikan

MontPelikan

This is the first of your quick reviews I have watched - absolutely great!

Certainly will not be missing anymore.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures