Fpn Inks, Continued ....

wimg

What is a charlie pen?

Good question, especially as I haven't seen any yet in person.

However, there is a review of this pen and the Heart of Darkness ink, which was a special for Goulet Pens, right here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/283728-noodlers-charlie-fountain-pen-included-with-hod/

We are really lucky that Nathan offered us this special too, and that with an absolutely unique ink in addition!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• amberleadavis

• AAAndrew

• mudman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45.5 inch of snow... they are happy with that in the Alps....

Whew...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Sadly there is no way we'll get to LA. My hope is that the availability for orders will be posted several places within FPN - don't want to miss it.

D.C.

D.C. in PA - Always bitin' off more than I can chew.

BTW, here is the reason why we dont have received the Voltaire ink yet:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/us-world-news/boston-has-its-snowiest-month-on-record/31281362

Warm regards, Wim

I just was watching The Weather Channel earlier today and someone said that people in Boston will no longer reminisce about "The Blizzard of '78"....

I was a freshman in college, in Bridgeport, CT during THAT one. (We only got a foot and a half -- light, powdery stuff that didn't make good snowballs, which we found out when some of us from my dorm had a snow fight -- couldn't call it a snowball fight -- with some guys from the law school dorm. Unfortunately as a result of not being good for snowballs, I got picked up and THROWN in the snow a few times. Fortunately it *was* the kind of snow good for LANDING in....)

The Governor of CT closed the roads statewide. $100 fine for driving in a non-emergency. Which we found up by trying to drive the wrong way up the main road through campus to go to some dive bar, and almost had a head-on with a snowplow.

Several lessons learned that night:

1. Do not go drinking with upperclass(wo)men and law school students.

2. Do not mix beer, gin, and Southern Comfort.

3. Do not go out in a foot and a half of snow wearing Olafsdottir clogs, unless you are with guys willing to drag you over the snowdrifts and plowed up piles.

4. Do not think that driving the wrong way up a one way road after a snowstorm is in any way a good idea. Even if it *is* to buy pizza at a dive bar.

5. Do not play the card game "99". Ever. Especially in conjunction with #1 and #2.... (The gin, BTW, was my contribution to the party after the snow fight. The Southern Comfort was when we ran out of gin....)

:blush:

Oh, and TWC also kept replaying this clip of Jim Cantore down in Plymouth, MA, getting all excited over experiencing "thundersnow". Frankly, for me, that just sounds like the trifecta of a bad idea: blizzard conditions, probably horrible wind chills (from the way he was bundled up), and lightning.

Pittsburgh only got a couple of inches yesterday, but a little before noon EST the temperature was 0° F. Windchills earlier were minus double digits, I think. :yikes: Laundry may get pushed back a day because I suspect the basement is somewhere I Do Not Want To Be. (The perils of having an old, poorly insulated house -- the really nice, couple of year old, high efficiency European brand boiler can't keep up. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

PS -- I gather that Nathan's moat (joked about in the thread a couple of years ago about the "still not ready" Neponsets) is frozen over and the attic catfish can't get out. Or don't eat icicles. Or something.... :lol:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Nice post Inkstainderuth, I remember some of the really snowy winters of the late 70's all too well. I also remember some of the bad winter ideas we had back then, going places on foot I found was the key to survival in really bad weather.

And Jim Cantore still gets really excited over Thunder Snow to this day.

Back on topic:

I can't wait for these new inks to hit this site. Personally I hope they might be available for a reasonable stretch incase the need to stock up on a few favorites arises.

Best of luck with these, and thanks.

The perils of having an old, poorly insulated house -- the really nice, couple of year old, high efficiency European brand boiler can't keep up. :(

Oh I too have a very nice European brand boiler that has issues when the basement gets too cold. Very annoying. We'll see how well it keeps up tonight (-28 wind chills today, -34 wind chills tonight, -36 WC tomorrow with a high of 5º F).

Even if the Nathan could get out of his house, and the delivery trucks pick up the ink, it'd probably all freeze rock solid by the time it got out of MA. Just have to be patient.

Yay, so excited for VCR and another new ink, too!

Maybe a dumb question, but now all these extra inquiries have confused me:

One can just buy a bottle of ink without donating, right? (In which case, the increase in price sort of serves as a donation anyway.)

Yay, so excited for VCR and another new ink, too!

Maybe a dumb question, but now all these extra inquiries have confused me:

One can just buy a bottle of ink without donating, right? (In which case, the increase in price sort of serves as a donation anyway.)

Yes, that is correct, in principle anyway. We'll need to discuss the results of the LA Pen Show first, however, before opening it all up.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Yes, and I need to get home and count bottles. Hopefully the VCR will be in hand to do shipping at the same time.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

No, with the weather in Ma, the bottles won't be there yet, I am afraid.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

BTW, here is the reason why we dont have received the Voltaire ink yet:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/us-world-news/boston-has-its-snowiest-month-on-record/31281362

Warm regards, Wim

OK Wim, I have to ask. How did you, 4800 kilometers away, come up with a link about Boston weather from a news station more than 1600 kilometers south of Boston in Jacksonville, Florida? Was it serendipity or was GP involved somehow?

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

:D

The link I got from GP indeed, but I have been on the phone with Nathan for at least once a week over the last 6 weeks or thereabouts :). In addition, I have a few weather reports on my own devices, including feeds from the USA :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

• 3 months later...

is there any recent news on obtaining these inks?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

We are still waiting for some pens which would come with one of the inks ....

The inks, which have actually been manufactured, don't get shipped until these pens have arrived. Probably another week to two weeks before they are in the US, and then another one to two weeks before we have them. If it happens sooner, we'll make an announcement for sure :).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are proud to announce that more of our inks are available in our Store, all inks IOW :), do check here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/store/

It may not seem a lot, but that is only due to a slightly different approach we will be taking :).

We will only make the ink available which has been packed for shipping. Furthermore, we will only ship in the weekend.

All this in order to make it possible to keep up with orders etc., without overworking our Ink Moderator, Amberlea, who also takes care of the shipping and handling of inks.

We do have more in stock than is indicated on the web site, but will only update the available stock when more is packaged, ready for shipping.

Also, the infamous Voltaire ink is available too, finally, and it has been named Voltaire Candide Vermilion, to reflect the colour better, and with a reference to one of his most studied works. For the colour and relation to Voltaire's work, please do read the description of this ink in the store :). We have both 4.5 oz bottles with a free Charlie pen, and the standard 3 oz bottles. Again, as before, FPN Supporters will get a discount on the inks.

This is its label:

fpn_1435187886__crossed_ts.jpg

And to get an impression of its shading characteristics:

fpn_1435187948__voltaire-shading.png

Enjoy!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Forget the Charlie pen, think you need to include a pair of sunglasses for the new ink......

:D

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy