Fpn Inks, Continued ....

wimg

YEP! Thank you. I have Fibromyalgia and just before it rains, I really hurt. Thankfully, I live in the desert. I'm happy to report, I have all the shipping caught up!

:( Oh man, that sounds awful. I'm glad you live in a place where it's more manageable to deal with.

I received your excellently packaged shipment on the 24th all safe and sound. Galileo Manuscript Brown is a beautiful ink, and FPN is blessed to have it as their exclusive. :D Took me a while to post about it because I wanted to test it out on a few different papers before reporting back. So, I've made an imgur album of all the different papers (10 types) it's on, plus an intro where I also ramble about the initial paper I tried and the pen I used.

VBYA5bz.jpg

ClelTyE.jpg

The tests on the other papers are at the bottom of the album. I didn't want to clog up the thread too much. Thank you again, amberleadavis!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• amberleadavis

• AAAndrew

• sd10521

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GBD, I'm so glad you are enjoying the ink. I'm really pleased with it too. The VCV is a little more smudgy on the Tomoe River paper, but then it does sheen so that's cool too. We'd love to have your GMB review on the Reviews thread.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Sure! I wan't able to find a thread specifically for GMB reviews via a search for "Galileo". Is the thread named something else, or should I just start an individual thread for this mini review?

Sure! I wan't able to find a thread specifically for GMB reviews via a search for "Galileo". Is the thread named something else, or should I just start an individual thread for this mini review?

An individual one is fine, if not better than tagging on to an existing one. Please do use the Upload tab to upload pictures for the review, however. That way they will not get lost anywhere in the digital void outside of FPN ;).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• 6 years later...

Dear FPN fairies,

is there any chance that VCV will come back again some day?

I didn't appreciate the ink enough when I first got it, but now I do. This is the nicest red ink I've ever come across and I'd like to use it very often, but don't dare because the bottle will be empty soon if I do.

So, are there any plans to have another edition of this gorgeous ink? That'd make me happy.

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

6 hours ago, Strombomboli said:

So, are there any plans to have another edition of this gorgeous ink? 

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

What a pity. Ach. Thank you for letting me know!

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

On 7/30/2021 at 2:52 PM, Strombomboli said:

Dear FPN fairies,

is there any chance that VCV will come back again some day?

I didn't appreciate the ink enough when I first got it, but now I do. This is the nicest red ink I've ever come across and I'd like to use it very often, but don't dare because the bottle will be empty soon if I do.

So, are there any plans to have another edition of this gorgeous ink? That'd make me happy.

On 7/30/2021 at 9:32 PM, A Smug Dill said:

We are out of GMB and our current purchasing system isn't working. I'm feeling better now and can probably do some shipping.  I'll try and do an inventory and see what we have, but I know I have the big bottles of VCV.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Once THE admin of FPN @wimg is back at FPN (he's been very busy), he will no doubt take care of this.  This issue is on the honey-do list, but classifieds is a higher priority.  We do have VCV and VGSN in stock but are out of GMB.

1 hour ago, amberleadavis said:

We do have ... VGSN in stock

Oh dear.  :unsure: You would have to say that, wouldn't you?  I may have to actually buy a bottle of ink!  :rolleyes: Except for the dry time, I love this ink. :wub:

On 9/24/2021 at 12:57 PM, amberleadavis said:

Once THE admin of FPN @wimg is back at FPN (he's been very busy), he will no doubt take care of this.  This issue is on the honey-do list, but classifieds is a higher priority.  We do have VCV and VGSN in stock but are out of GMB.

All the inks are listed as out of stock.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

When am I able to purchase this, starry night blue looks amazing! Anyways, I’m eager to read further replies. By the way, are there anyways for me to donate to the FPN instead of buying ink, any alternate methods?

EF nibs!!!

2 hours ago, IanP2303 said:

By the way, are there anyways for me to donate to the FPN instead of buying ink, any alternate methods?

Yes.  From the menu, choose "Store".  From there, choose either "Donations" - which will let you make a 1-time (though you can repeat this as often as you wish) anonymous donation; or choose "Premium/Trading/Retailer Accounts".  There you can purchase a membership for a fixed duration (1-time purchase) or a renewing membership.  The memberships get you some extra features.

3 hours ago, LizEF said:

Yes.  From the menu, choose "Store".  From there, choose either "Donations" - which will let you make a 1-time (though you can repeat this as often as you wish) anonymous donation; or choose "Premium/Trading/Retailer Accounts".  There you can purchase a membership for a fixed duration (1-time purchase) or a renewing membership.  The memberships get you some extra features.

I see, thank you 

EF nibs!!!

On 9/24/2021 at 2:16 PM, LizEF said:

Oh dear.  :unsure: You would have to say that, wouldn't you?  I may have to actually buy a bottle of ink!  :rolleyes: Except for the dry time, I love this ink. :wub:

I'd love to sell it you once we are back up.

On 9/26/2021 at 4:11 PM, TitoThePencilPimp said:

Is it possible to reserve  a VGSN for me when it is available to purchase?

I don't anticipate we will run out immediately.

On 9/26/2021 at 4:28 PM, OCArt said:

All the inks are listed as out of stock.

That's because the store is closed.

• 1 month later...

New inks or ink supplies is not something we will consider for the time being.

The problem is that it is extremely labour intensive, and as it is all volunteer work, it tens to get rather overwhelming very, very quickly.

This apart from the costs, We would not be able to afford buying a couple of boxes right now, not with the diminishing returns we see happening at the moment, I am afraid.

Let's build that up first. The downtime last year really cost us a lot, so we have to build up our kitty again before we could even consider getting inks in again.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever