Fpn Inks, Continued ....

wimg

You're spot on - "nuances" is putting it mildly; the time that Nathan must have spent on getting this ink right really shows! Great shading, flow, decent dry time and most of all, color. It looks equally wonderful in an EF and Italic nibs. :) :bunny01: :vbg:

Yes, he actually wanted it to be perfect for us. It took 5 months all in all to get it right, both from a unique colour POV, as for the writing characteristics. He tried quite a few different compositions and dyes, to put it mildly :). He did mention it gets harder and harder, as he already created over 400 different colours so far :). In addition, he is always looking for manufacturers who will guarantee a supply of dyes and other components for quite a few years to come, so he can keep on producing the same ink for a long time.

I will be ordering mine very soon I hope, trying to find the funds for it :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• amberleadavis

• AAAndrew

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last night I filled up a red Esterbrook LJ with VCV and put an Osmiroid nib on it. Just playing with it on Black n Red notebook paper it was amazing. I was also playing around with practicing my flexible nib writing by writing out part of the Declaration of Independence (in the spirit of today's holiday of July 4th, the day the US declared independence from GB) and since the first word in the Declaration was in a different style that requires a cut nib, I used the Esterbrook and VCV. It kind of stands out.

fpn_1436008920__vcv_when.jpg

It's an astoundingly wonderful color. I'm seeing less of the pinks or magentas on this paper. I'll try it out on nicer paper today and see if I can get more shading.

If it were a standard size I would get another bottle, but I got the huge bottle and I think it will last me for a while. :)

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

I really do love this ink, especially now that I'm getting on to my second phase of fountain pen addiction. I am sure to be ordering another bottle of this in about the next month, wether I need it or not. All of the FPN inks really do look nice and behave well with any of the pens that I load them up with, from fine points to broad. I would advise anyone to get any of the colors that look interesting to them.

I would post an example of my gibberish but I have to read up on proper image posting technique first.

Not for the main point of my ramble:

I would like to thank the whole team here for all the hard work on getting the ink, labels, and shipping all worked out to help with our little fetish.

Agree SD10521...on top of their regular jobs, Wim spends a great deal of time coordinating with Nathan to make the FPN inks happen...and AmberLea spends God knows how much time getting it all safely shipped out to us. If I'm missing any other players, I apologize. We have the best Admin Team in the world...and I'm so grateful. Looking forward to test driving the Voltaire in my new Charlie Pen. Thanks to Nathan too!

Thanks, Steve!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

You are more than welcome.

It takes a lot of work to keep this place running as smoothly as it does. Throw in the making and distribution of the inks and it just adds to what goes on to make this place as great as it is and keep good people coming back.

Ha! Wait until the bottle is about half empty for another hidden feature :).

Hint: there is a reason to include a "Charlie" pen :).

Nice dragon and nice example indeed :).

Warm regards, Wim

haha it'll be quite a while. I have taken quite a shine to the ink and pen for doodling, this is the first time I've ever done so much drawing with anything other than black ink. All I know is that I'll be picking up another bottle or two of this stuff. It's my favorite red so far.

Does the ink begin to glow halfway through? :)

Thank you.

I just placed an order; may I ask how quickly you generally ship? Not trying to push, just curious. :-)

And just got the notice that it will ship on Monday. Thank you! :-)

And it arrived today. Now I just need to empty a pen to fill with it ...

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

Woo Hoo! And you got a note too???

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

USPS tells me that my bottles have arrived, too, but they arrived in Chicago while I am in Germany. It'll take some time before the Chicago friend will come to Germany along with the bottles, so please don't be cross not to have an answer to your note very soon.

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

Woo Hoo! And you got a note too???

So I did! I hadn't opened the package yet, just checked that it wasn't ... squishy. <G>

Is that a ghost? And what brown ink was it? :-)

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

Just got my VCV today and it is a nice color! Filling my new Delta 30th anniversary MOMO Red and Carbon fiber pen and it matches perfectly!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

USPS tells me that my bottles have arrived, too, but they arrived in Chicago while I am in Germany. It'll take some time before the Chicago friend will come to Germany along with the bottles, so please don't be cross not to have an answer to your note very soon.

No problem!

So I did! I hadn't opened the package yet, just checked that it wasn't ... squishy. <G>

Is that a ghost? And what brown ink was it? :-)

I'm sure it's a ghost and the brown would be the 2015 version of the FPN exclusive ink GMB.

Just placed an order for the original trio :) Super excited! That Tulipe Noire is going to be a staple, I just know it.

You'll love them.

Just got my VCV today and it is a nice color! Filling my new Delta 30th anniversary MOMO Red and Carbon fiber pen and it matches perfectly!

Woo Hoo!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are proud to announce that more of our inks are available in our Store, all inks IOW :), do check here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/store/

It may not seem a lot, but that is only due to a slightly different approach we will be taking :).

We will only make the ink available which has been packed for shipping. Furthermore, we will only ship in the weekend.

All this in order to make it possible to keep up with orders etc., without overworking our Ink Moderator, Amberlea, who also takes care of the shipping and handling of inks.

We do have more in stock than is indicated on the web site, but will only update the available stock when more is packaged, ready for shipping.

Also, the infamous Voltaire ink is available too, finally, and it has been named Voltaire Candide Vermilion, to reflect the colour better, and with a reference to one of his most studied works. For the colour and relation to Voltaire's work, please do read the description of this ink in the store :). We have both 4.5 oz bottles with a free Charlie pen, and the standard 3 oz bottles. Again, as before, FPN Supporters will get a discount on the inks.

This is its label:

fpn_1435187886__crossed_ts.jpg

And to get an impression of its shading characteristics:

fpn_1435187948__voltaire-shading.png

Enjoy!

Warm regards, Wim

HHi Wim.....

I just tryed to order 1 bottle of ink from the store...$20...and the shipping cost was $26. When I tryed to order 2 bottles...the shipping cost was still $26.

Could this be true? I am in Canada...but to pay $26 to have one bottle of ink shipped seems really strange...there did not seem to be an option for the shipping.

I was also wondering if the brown ink has been modified or if it is the same as was produced 2 years ago...

thanks

Janis

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are proud to announce that more of our inks are available in our Store, all inks IOW :), do check here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/store/

It may not seem a lot, but that is only due to a slightly different approach we will be taking :).

We will only make the ink available which has been packed for shipping. Furthermore, we will only ship in the weekend.

All this in order to make it possible to keep up with orders etc., without overworking our Ink Moderator, Amberlea, who also takes care of the shipping and handling of inks.

We do have more in stock than is indicated on the web site, but will only update the available stock when more is packaged, ready for shipping.

Also, the infamous Voltaire ink is available too, finally, and it has been named Voltaire Candide Vermilion, to reflect the colour better, and with a reference to one of his most studied works. For the colour and relation to Voltaire's work, please do read the description of this ink in the store :). We have both 4.5 oz bottles with a free Charlie pen, and the standard 3 oz bottles. Again, as before, FPN Supporters will get a discount on the inks.

This is its label:

fpn_1435187886__crossed_ts.jpg

And to get an impression of its shading characteristics:

fpn_1435187948__voltaire-shading.png

Enjoy!

Warm regards, Wim

HHi Wim.....

I just tryed to order 1 bottle of ink from the store...$20...and the shipping cost was $26. When I tryed to order 2 bottles...the shipping cost was still $26.

Could this be true? I am in Canada...but to pay $26 to have one bottle of ink shipped seems really strange...there did not seem to be an option for the shipping.

I was also wondering if the brown ink has been modified or if it is the same as was produced 2 years ago...

thanks

Janis

Shipping goes by weight, anything up to a certain weight is the same in cost, so 1, 2 and probably even 3 would be the same. Don't blame us, blame USPO!

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

As D.ick says indeed.

We ship at cost, actually below cost if you consider PayPal fees.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever