Fpn Inks, Continued ....

wimg

As the volunteer shipper, let me 'splain. The inks are sent in a priority mail flat rate envelope. I really try to fit everything into one package without anything breaking on the way to you. The most I can send in a single flat rate envelope is 6 bottles 3 oz bottles. (I'm pretty proud of my packaging to get that much in one envelope). Anyway, I can easily fit a second bottle in the same envelope, so it is the same rate. So, yes, buy more ink. :)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• amberleadavis

• AAAndrew

• mudman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fountain pen newbie here! I hope this is the right place to ask this:

How long does it usually take from payment for a FPN exclusive ink to shipping confirmation? I ordered a bottle of Noodler's Galileo Manuscript Brown last Monday, but haven't heard anything since.

I don't mean to rush the volunteer shipper! I know this is done out of the kindness of your heart and in your free time. (Thank you for that! :) ) I was just worried that I misread something about the requirements to order a FPN ink? Am I missing something where I have to be higher than a Bronze member before I'm able to receive deliveries? Or some other requirement?

It's fine if you've not had the time to ship anything lately! I just have no frame of reference as to when I should be expecting this, having never ordered anything from the FPN store before.

I hope I did not offend. Thank you for your time! :)

Dear GBD, I've been out sick. Normally, I sneak away at work and ship during the week even though I promised to ship only on weekends. I will be out a few more days and then you will see ink. I'm so sorry.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Oh, no worries all. Your health is far more important than any ink, no matter how pretty! :) I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you. I'll try and write notes to everyone to make them special.

Thank you for the update Amber, Don't push yourself to send it out, Your health is far more important than a couple of bottles of ink! It's not like they are perishable!

Thank you for taking on this task. :notworthy1:

Kathy

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

...and it's not like any of us will run OUT of ink! :P

Get better and then we'll deal with you...(((hugs)))! :wub:

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

I just got the shipping confirmation for the Galileo Manuscript Brown. I'm excited to try it out. :) Thank you so much! I hope this means you are feeling better!

YEP! Thank you. I have Fibromyalgia and just before it rains, I really hurt. Thankfully, I live in the desert. I'm happy to report, I have all the shipping caught up!

As the volunteer shipper, let me 'splain. The inks are sent in a priority mail flat rate envelope. I really try to fit everything into one package without anything breaking on the way to you. The most I can send in a single flat rate envelope is 6 bottles 3 oz bottles. (I'm pretty proud of my packaging to get that much in one envelope). Anyway, I can easily fit a second bottle in the same envelope, so it is the same rate. So, yes, buy more ink. :)

Your shipping and packaging is probably the most efficient I've seen; it's almost like you have minions testing out the maximum ink you can pack in to those envelopes! Hope you're feeling better :)

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Thank you! Alas, I am minion-less, but I hope to have the Scarlet Overkill Ink collection soon. :)

...oh, Scarlet......tell us a fairy tale! :P

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Got my ink today! I love the color! One of the two bottles seeped a bit, looks like the ink worked it's way through the threads of the cap, didn't lose hardly any ink at all, but Murphy's law dictated that the ink would seep on to the front of the label, a quick clean up with a damp rag on the bottle and cap, all was fine. The other bottle was fine and didn't seep at all. Thank you Amberlea! :)

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

OH WOW !!!!!!!!!... AWESOME!!!!!! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

I just now ordered this one. I just wish Noodlers were able to send us more of 4.5 oz bottles. I love getting the free pen

Finally broke down and ordered a bottle of the new red. I'm using more red than anything else these days because I mark up my daily production reports with it. Right now I have a Waterman L'Etalon EF filled with Kingdom Note Nipponia nippon. Compared to all the other reds I've used, this is the only one that starts up nicely even after a weekend. I hate to use it because I'm not sure when I'll be able to get any more. It's the best behaved red I've seen so far, although there are a lot of them that look really good.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

...oh, Scarlet......tell us a fairy tale! :P

And then, I was happy the minions came to stay with me!!!

Got my ink today! I love the color! One of the two bottles seeped a bit, looks like the ink worked it's way through the threads of the cap, didn't lose hardly any ink at all, but Murphy's law dictated that the ink would seep on to the front of the label, a quick clean up with a damp rag on the bottle and cap, all was fine. The other bottle was fine and didn't seep at all. Thank you Amberlea! :)

Well, drat, but I'm glad it cleaned right up. I've been wrapping them individually to prevent problems if one leaks.

OH WOW !!!!!!!!!... AWESOME!!!!!! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

[/quote

I just now ordered this one. I just wish Noodlers were able to send us more of 4.5 oz bottles. I love getting the free pen

We have more!

Awesome, electric.

It is pretty.

Finally broke down and ordered a bottle of the new red. I'm using more red than anything else these days because I mark up my daily production reports with it. Right now I have a Waterman L'Etalon EF filled with Kingdom Note Nipponia nippon. Compared to all the other reds I've used, this is the only one that starts up nicely even after a weekend. I hate to use it because I'm not sure when I'll be able to get any more. It's the best behaved red I've seen so far, although there are a lot of them that look really good.

Use it up. Enjoy it. Life is short.

I love this red. At first I was a little scared to ink up the Charlie Pen because that is a lot of ink to wear, but after five days all is well and good.

That has to be the stiffest nib, no, make that nail I have ever used to write with.

I'm so glad you are having fun. I think it's a pretty ink.