Montblanc L139 Long Window pen

ivyman

Thank you, very much everyone for your input. I finally have made my decision on a L139 pen.

The final 2 candidates are 1) a short window with a flexible OB nib, flexible to BBB

2) a long window pen with a M nib from Max in Germany.

I almost went for 1) but still want to hold out for a long window. And thanks to lionelc posting here with the 

ebay ad and Michael R comment here about the pen having a rarely seen green long window and it is from

well known member Max, I decided to go for it. I asked Max whether the nib is flexible. He did respond that the

nib is a bit more flexible than the modern nib and that is good enough for me. I made an offer and it has been

accepted. I now am anxiously waiting to hold this pen in my hands. I plan to ink it with Montblanc Irish Green ink

to go with the green long window. I am so happy. This is likely the last pen I will buy since I already own a fine

collection which includes a Montblanc PL126, a Montblanc 144 green striated with OB nib, 2 Waterman with pink nib,

3 Waterman Patricians (green, moss agate and turquoise) etc. I am just super happy that I can add the iconic L139

long window pen to my collection.

Here are the photos of the L139 pen

MontblancL139LongWindowPen3.jpg

MontblancL139LongWindowPen1.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ivyman

• iveyman

• Michael R.

• lionelc

Oh wow!

Perfect choice.

I hope you will receive it shortly.

Enjoy in good health and let us know how you like it.

Cheers

Michael

The green ink window is spectacular! Congratulations, it's a beauty.

I once had a wartime 334½ which had a green ink window (no stripes).

Other than that, I don't think I've seen another MB with a green window?

Hope you enjoy it in good health.

@ivymanglad to help!  i think you have a made a good choice, a rare collectible that is robust enough to use.  congratulations!

The L139 with a green long window has arrived via DHL, ahead of estimated delivery schedule.

I am now holding this iconic pen in my hand and loving it.

Inked it up with Montblanc Irish Green ink. It holds a lot of ink. I order another bottle right away.

It is a big pen. I write with the cap posted. I am used to writing with big pens such as Montblanc Patricians. 

This L139, as Max described to me, has a bit of flex, more flexible than the modern nibs. In fact I find it smooth

and wet, not too flexible and not too firm, just the right touch on the paper. In fact, one of the reasons I did not go with the

short window pen with the OB nib, flexible to BBB, it that I am concerned it might be too flexible and I will almost be writing

with a paint brush. I am so glad I made the right decision. The long green window looks marvelous. I will treasure it for a long

time. In fact, writing with the long green window and Irish Green ink, gives me a calming effect, just like I was writing with the

Monblanc Patrician jade green pen.

I am grateful to everyone for the input provided me on FPN. A lot of the fun and frustrations have been with the hunt. Now the hunt 

is over, it is time to settle down and enjoy writing with this iconic pen. Last but not least, I must thank Max for selling me the pen. He

packaged it so well that it arrived super safely.

So much news for now

Edited by ivyman
correct spelling error

6 hours ago, ivyman said:

The L139 with a green long window has arrived via DHL, ahead of estimated delivery schedule

congratulations ivyman - do take some pictures of a writing sample with the l139 when you have time.

i am a dhl fan - these guys have gotten pens to me from the eu time and time again ahead of schedule.  their tracking is excellent and significantly less expensive than fedex.  

• 1 year later...

Can someone please send me the contact information, email address of Max in Germany. The Montblanc L139 Long Window pen with green ink window has some issues that I need to send the pen to Max in Germany for repair. The ink pump does not suck up ink and the green colour of the

ink window has faded. Thanks. I need to email Max before I send him the pen for repair. Thanks. 

Iveyman

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2022 at 5:08 PM, Karmachanic said:

You can find his email addresses here:

https://www.penboard.de/shop/

https://www.astoriapen.net/

I contacted Max in Germany asking him to help repair the L139 Long Window pen he sold me. But no response at all. He was quick selling/shipping the pen to me but no

response helping me to repair it. I was lucky to have kept in touch with another well known seller in the UK and although he doesn't know how to repair this Montblanc L139 pen,

he knows someone in the UK who does and he offered to help me get the pen to him and it was repaired and the ink window got its green shade back, just like when I bought it.

It is always nice to know someone hundreds of miles away in another country willing to step up and help. I am now happily enjoying writing with my iconic Montblanc L139 pen.

Lovely.

There are few pens that can rival many of the classic vintage MB designs. That's a lovely pen and it's been imitated to various extent by MB itself (e.g., Hemingway) and others. 

As for the repair issues, that's an unfortunate blemish on the seller. I'm pleased that someone helped you get it repaired. 

KAC

• 1 year later...

I got the L139 Montblanc pen repaired by my trusted pen seller in the UK. He has a friend who can repair the L139. I got the repaired pen back and even the green ink window has been

restored. Loving it.

Iveyman