I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

Cannot believe you asked me that! Please don't try and bring logic into this thread. :o

:lol: Amateur slip there!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m really late to this party but want to echo something Ghostplane said above back in the Fall: “you guys are my tribe.”

I too have always loved the smell of paper and the smell of fresh paper from a bookstore. When I was a child my darling Aunt, a teacher, used to take me to the Dennison’s stationary store in mid-town Manhattan. This was always the highlight of my visits with her from our home in the deep burbs of upstate Hudson Valley NY. The company still exists as the Avery/Dennison you all know as the makers of all sorts of labels, but no more stationary stores. As a kid the Dennison store was a magical place full of all sorts of paper goods, cool school supplies, notebooks, stickers, and notepaper and envelopes of every kind.

What comes close is the Kinokuniya store in Manhattan. A very delightful place for the stationary obsessed.

I too have more notebooks and pads than I can fill, including Clairefontaine and Rhodia full-sized pads, ditto for smaller pads, a Fabriano Ecqua grid pad, 3 Strathmore 5x8 sketchbooks with glorious acid-free paper, 3 Apica journals from Kinokuniya, a Travelers pocket notebook, a Milqurius grid notebook and many others. But I think I’m just an amateur hoarder compared to some of you folks. I do actually use my supply for calligraphy, handwriting practice and sketching, but too I acquire notebooks much faster than I can fill them.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

I have finally slowed down buying notebooks.I have hundreds and saw

another one I didn't have. Small Rhodia bound like a small Moleskine. The Rhodia was priced at $20.00. No. I will keep on journaling but will look the other way at those prices.

I have finally slowed down buying notebooks.I have hundreds and saw

another one I didn't have. Small Rhodia bound like a small Moleskine. The Rhodia was priced at $20.00. No. I will keep on journaling but will look the other way at those prices.

Probably the Webnotebook. It's a great choice for a bullet journal or a simple journal but you're right, the price is awful. If you can find it, Amazon Warehouse Deals prices aren't that bad.

My name is Bookman. And I'm a paper hoarder. I have one of these IKEA cabinets filled with notebooks and pads. I have three of these large Costco tubs filled with various paper products. And my office floor is so covered with stacks of books and notebooks I have to walk sideways to get to and from my desk. I hope I can start winnowing down the number of items I have in my office before my addiction starts taking over some other room of the house.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

My name is Bookman. And I'm a paper hoarder. I have one of these IKEA cabinets filled with notebooks and pads. I have three of these large Costco tubs filled with various paper products. And my office floor is so covered with stacks of books and notebooks I have to walk sideways to get to and from my desk. I hope I can start winnowing down the number of items I have in my office before my addiction starts taking over some other room of the house.

You are amongst friends here.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Sounds like you might want to consider a visit to the PIF forum.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

My apartment or house will have walls only because they need to house my bookshelves and stationery boxes. So don't worry about your hoard expanding in the rest of the house.

Okay, Bookman has made me feel slightly better about my own hoard of stationery - clearly I have some distance to go, although I suspect my hoard may outlast me. Sorting it all into one place made me vow to step up my letter-writing game. Got to make a dent in that delicious supply!

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

• 3 months later...

I don’t truly qualify for this topic based on others’ answers, but oh do I relate.

When I first moved to where I live now (for over half my life now), there was an office store with very cool stationery sets. I loved the ones with maps. They closed. But such interesting items you could find there.

I’ll see notebooks and have to buy them or ask for them for gifts. Most are sitting in a tote box waiting for their day. I subscribe to Field Notes, and have enough pocket notebooks to last awhile. I’m finally using them. It was a moment when I filled one up.

I saw a notebook a person brought to pen club, and want that one. No real plans on how to use it. I used a spiral notebook I got at Barnes and Noble, but wish I’d got several of the same since it worked really well for Project FeederWatch.

Now I want some pen club members to go on a field trip to a paper/pen/ink store I’ve heard about (which has that Maruman Notebook I want). Well one of them told me about the variety of paper they have, and shouldn’t I see that?

Posted Image

It never stops: added one Ciak Italian notebook 85gm paper 5 3/4" x 8 1/4" very nice paper and one "write wrong" Nuuna notebook German made 165x220mm 256pg 120gm paper light dot grid. Looking forward to using both of these notebooks.

Bought an A5 and an A4 Blasetti notebooks, to check what inks agree with the paper. As it turns out, very few.

Blasetti paper is not as bad as Pigna, but it's not fountain pen ink friendly either. It used to be better, though.

As can be said of many notebooks we use, they used to be better. First time using Nuuna 120gm paper,moderately expensive and the paper feathers a little with M point fp.

Edited by Studio97

I have a confession to make. I have not bought a new notebook for more than two weeks. I feel that I have let you all down.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Recently bought two sealed reams of vintage onionskin paper. Carefully extracted on sheet for testing and was very impressed with the way it took even broad stub nib ink. NO bleed through and yes, obviously, lots of see-through.

I guess it might be considered the vintage equivalent of Tomoe River. 500 sheets is about 1" or 25mm thick!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Oh inkypete we know you do your best. Let me try and help enable so many of you. How about an awesome desk pad? I drooled over the Exacompta FAF pad, and got one for Christmas, including a refill of the grid paper.

It’s so cool with the brass paper holder. And it is fountain pen friendly. My preference in nibs is stub and italic, and I can write on both sides of this paper. It is not that heavy of paper either. It isn’t Tomoe, but it is fine for note taking or lists or whatever.

And it is made in a workshop built by Gustave Eiffel.

No I do not work for Exacompta, simply a satisfied customer.

Posted Image

Recently bought two sealed reams of vintage onionskin paper. Carefully extracted on sheet for testing and was very impressed with the way it took even broad stub nib ink. NO bleed through and yes, obviously, lots of see-through.

I guess it might be considered the vintage equivalent of Tomoe River. 500 sheets is about 1" or 25mm thick!

I really need to find a time machine and go tell my 20 year old self to stash away a few cases. They were dirt common and cheap(1) and with good quality carbon paper you could easily make 6-7 legible copies per pass.

-k

(1) No longer the case. Just looked :(

Oh inkypete we know you do your best. Let me try and help enable so many of you. How about an awesome desk pad? I drooled over the Exacompta FAF pad, and got one for Christmas, including a refill of the grid paper.

Its so cool with the brass paper holder. And it is fountain pen friendly. My preference in nibs is stub and italic, and I can write on both sides of this paper. It is not that heavy of paper either. It isnt Tomoe, but it is fine for note taking or lists or whatever.

And it is made in a workshop built by Gustave Eiffel.

No I do not work for Exacompta, simply a satisfied customer.

I can support you on the Exacompta FAF deskpad misfit. It is both stylish and practical. I am onto my second refill and have several grid refill packs just in case.

So inkypete, I think you need to get some.

I was feeling smug reading this thread just now, thinking I hadnt bought any notebooks for a couple of weeks. Then I remembered that I bought one yesterday. Doh

My wife brought home two hardback notebooks with lined pages she got at the office. They are the size of an A5 Leuchtturm notebook. WIthout looking close, they could pass for one. BNY Mellon Wealth Management was in the office and there were a couple extra. (has their logo on it). Haven't checked the paper yet, but visually it looks promising.

It's one of these: http://www.chameleonlike.com/product-detail/6%E2%80%9Dx8-5%E2%80%9D-ESSENTIAL-JOURNAL/343

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I use the ARC disc system from time to time. I have a,collection of these notebooks. Found 3 on sale for $10.00 each down from about $25.00 ea. Savings of $45.00. They have leather covers 8.5" x 11" with 60 sheets. This is the way I like to add to the 200+ misc notebooks I have. I gave away two A5 Moleskine: one to my daughter and one to my granddaughter. I have way too many of those I bought on deals.

I just realized that adds up to five notebooks acquired this month.

Edited by Studio97