I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

On this forum, we are all junkies to some extent.

For the majority of us, the 'need' was surpassed by the 'want' a long long time ago. :lol:

OTOH, I have promoted myself to borderline hoarder and quite fearful of the next promotion.

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OTOH, I have promoted myself to borderline hoarder and quite fearful of the next promotion.

The levels of hoarders are

Borderline hoarder

Part-time hoarder

Temporary contract hoarder

Full-time hoarder

Lifetime contract hoarder

Blood pact hoarder

Dragon-level hoarder

Eternal hoarder.

For instance, at Dragon-level hoarder, you will receive visions of dragons in your dreams who will share with you tips and tricks on how to further improve, organize, and eventually sleep on your hoard.

You will also be also to sniff out fellow hoarders as long as they're at your level or below in a radius of up to five hundred meters.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

The levels of hoarders are

Borderline hoarder

Part-time hoarder

Temporary contract hoarder

Full-time hoarder

Lifetime contract hoarder

Blood pact hoarder

Dragon-level hoarder

Eternal hoarder.

That's a relief. Now, the next promotion does not seem at all daunting.

Aren't you an awful influence... :lol:

I am sure I will attain 'Eternal hoarder' status when I am six feet under because it s highly unlikely that those after me will undergo such scathing heights of lunacy.

OTOH, I might just be able to meet the stationary needs of the next generation.

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I am still too scared to open an original Quo Vadis habana with original white clairefontaine as I know I cannot replace it. I have 12 left. Might start one this weekend.

Was in Daiso today and bought 4 packets of A4 refills.

Was in Bali last week and went to a ripper store called GraMedia. Bought 6 packs of A5 multi ring refills and 4 A5 binders to suit. Should have been more but was starting to worry about my luggage weight limit.

Edited by inkypete
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I am sure I will attain 'Eternal hoarder' status when I am six feet under because it s highly unlikely that those after me will undergo such scathing heights of lunacy.

OTOH, I might just be able to meet the stationary needs of the next generation.

Just like the Emperors of ancient times. Make sure to future-proof the tomb security system :)

I still have uses for Moleskine when they are $1.98 ea : two hard cover 2 1/2 x 4 ruled and a set of very small vollant notebooks 1.98. I enjoy them more at a,cheap price. Use a fine point fountain pen with waterman serenity blue. Certified notebook hoarder. I need another storage case.

Edited by Studio97

I have a lot of travelers notebooks and use them for a lot of different things. I recently began making my own inserts to get the exact perfect paper for a specific use. I have watercolor paper, vellum, etc. I have them all lined up on a shelf and love to look and handle them.

For my daily planner, I have an InkWell Press. Lots of good goal setting, and wonderful 140 gsm paper.

I have a lot of travelers notebooks and use them for a lot of different things. I recently began making my own inserts to get the exact perfect paper for a specific use. I have watercolor paper, vellum, etc. I have them all lined up on a shelf and love to look and handle them.

For my daily planner, I have an InkWell Press. Lots of good goal setting, and wonderful 140 gsm paper.

Are you referring to Midori? I do like those.

I got a U Style Collections Royal Safari from Wal Mart for just under $2. I had Diamine 150th Anniversary Safari ink in a Franklin-Christoph Omnis with broad cursive italic nib (0.9mm). When I saw Safari in the title, well I had to get one. It is wire-bound and has gold glitter stripes or slashes over a purple, pink and orange animal print fur pattern. It is not quite gaudy.

I can write on both sides with the pen mentioned above. I doubt I could with a wider, wetter stub nib. I did not need this notebook, but was making an online grocery order, and clicked on the back-to-school tab. You guys understand. I am not school age, no kids, but I had to look.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

. You guys understand. I am not school age, no kids, but I had to look.

No judgement here. I'm trying to talk myself out of "honeycomb" moleskine in Orange covers on clearance. I'm winning the,argument not to buy so far.

Oh but those, if I know the one you mean, are cool looking. Id get it, if on clearance.

I lost a Zebra fountain pen I kept in a Lamy pen pouch. I went to Wal Mart customer service several months later (lost in December or January and those holiday return lines) to ask if it was in the lost and found. The person looked then went ahead and brought the tub to let me look. My items were not there, but a Rhodia pad was.

I toyed with the idea of going back to say I lost a Rhodia pad there. I did not do that, but the thought entered my mind (sad, pathetic).

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

@Studio97, I have to ask where did you find the Rhodia Heritage notebook on clearance?

Posted Image

I have found Moleskine and ARC disc system notebooks,on clearance at Staples but not Rhodia.

You guys understand. I am not school age, no kids, but I had to look.

Yes. Yes we do understand all too well.

Oh oh, indeed yes I misread your post. Moleskine - Rhodia... it could happen. Uh huh.

Posted Image

Oh oh, indeed yes I misread your post. Moleskine - Rhodia... it could happen. Uh huh.

It was the "orange" color. 😁

I'm off to Daiso this morning. Its a bit of a trek and I don't get there too often although I was there last week. Might just have a look at their paper stationery - you never know what has changed since last week.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

No judgement here. I'm trying to talk myself out of "honeycomb" moleskine in Orange covers on clearance. I'm winning the,argument not to buy so far.

My own quote....lost the argument. My artistic side weakened me. Savings on three...almost 30 dollars off. I may gift one to a,granddaughter.

I'm off to Daiso this morning. Its a bit of a trek and I don't get there too often although I was there last week. Might just have a look at their paper stationery - you never know what has changed since last week.

I have found the recent batch of Report Pads have better paper (i.e. much smoother to the touch) than previous ones.

Also the Blue cover notebooks don't have as good paper in them as the Pink cover notebooks.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

My people!

I breathe Black n Red, and a Rhodia dotpad is slowly filling with inky goodness. What I need is a FP-friendly version of a Moleskine. The A4 B&R doesn't fit in a white coat pocket, and the A6 is much too small.

The Leuchtturm pocket size is just a bit larger than Field Notes. It is FP friendly, shows sheen, and you can write on both sides. It lays flat, and has an elastic closure. Oh and it has numbered pages and a table of contents. Is that size too small for you?

I like mine a lot, but I dont carry it in any pocket.

Edited to change in to on

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image