What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

I am using a Hero 2016 I recently picked up from Speerbob (Robert Speerbrecher). It has an attractive marbled blue/purple resin body and a smooth 14K nib. What more can ask for $36 plus shipping? (And as a satified repeat customer, I can tell you he still has a couple left on his website.)

post-2471-0-74934100-1355286437.jpg

Photo by Speerbob

looks like a beau!!! is the nib flexy (or springy)?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is what i mean when i say flex or springy in the 10,12 or 14k nib heros:

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/PC120065.jpg

my bad on the picture. it is actually a 10k nib.

That H2016 is really something to behold. I have never seen it before.

I would love to hear if the gold plating stands up to reasonable amounts of wear.

The Jinrong 192 nib shape reminds me of the Parker Inflection ( http://www.parkercollector.com/inflection.html ) and the 1980's Parker Arrow ( http://www.parkercollector.com/arrow.html ).

Today's pen is the K316, Charcoal.

Regards,

Richard.

I've got the Hero 329 all fired up, with some Diamine Soft Mint this morning...altho', I have concerns already about this color. I'm casting a few glances at that Baoer Skywalker - it may get the most "drive time" during the day. Two more cups of coffee, and I'll settle down with one of the two !

Take care,

J.R.

So far today I've been using the Kaigelu 353 (which I've apparently ground down to an awkward fine Arabic/Hebrew italic) and a Kaigelu 356 which now has a more-or-less Japanese fine nib (in width, at least).

I really like the K356 (stainless) as a pocket carry pen. It looks plain but classy, posts to a decent length, and feels durable.

I wanted to like the K353, but it's just a narrow column, rather boring. I think I'll use it as my diversion pen for people of questionable borrowing intent.

I just wrote a reply to a post with a very good fake of the MB Elizabeth I (see attached photo) made in China :roflmho: I hope this will pass?

With love,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

I just wrote a reply to a post with a very good fake of the MB Elizabeth I (see attached photo) made in China :roflmho: I hope this will pass?

With love,

goldenkrishna

post-94839-0-32346700-1355347410.jpg

Ik tik

Apologies for the double post! My laptop had a hiccup again?!

How can this happen? :embarrassed_smile:

With love,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

Today I am chiefly using my Jinhao 250 with Diamine Ancient Copper ink - writing Christmas cards!

Pens and paper everywhere, yet all our hearts did sink,

Pens and paper everywhere, but not a drop of ink.

"Cursive writing does not mean what I think it does"

I would love to hear if the gold plating stands up to reasonable amounts of wear.

The Jinrong 192 nib shape reminds me of the Parker Inflection ( http://www.parkercollector.com/inflection.html ) and the 1980's Parker Arrow ( http://www.parkercollector.com/arrow.html ).

Regards,

Richard.

hi, Richard. i have the Parker Inflection and i assure you the nibs are different. the Guanleming Jirong's nib has sort of like "wings" on the side (looks more likie a space rocket); the inflection does not. i do see what you mean judging from the pictures, tho'.

I am using a Hero 2016 I recently picked up from Speerbob (Robert Speerbrecher). It has an attractive marbled blue/purple resin body and a smooth 14K nib. What more can ask for $36 plus shipping? (And as a satified repeat customer, I can tell you he still has a couple left on his website.)

post-2471-0-74934100-1355286437.jpg

Photo by Speerbob

looks like a beau!!! is the nib flexy (or springy)?

It isn't particularly flexy, though it's not quite a nail.

Regards,

Richard.

hi, Richard. i have the Parker Inflection and i assure you the nibs are different. the Guanleming Jirong's nib has sort of like "wings" on the side (looks more likie a space rocket); the inflection does not. i do see what you mean judging from the pictures, tho'.

The 2016 is, I believe, an older and discontinued model. I have more pens than I need (but fewer than I'd like) and so they only infrequently wind up in the rotation. With light use, I haven't had any plating problems.

I also have a 2019 that I have owned for a few years. The plating has held up with (infrequent) use.

Here's a review by another member of the 2019. Unlike the one pictured, mine is brown GT rather than blue ST.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/110921-hero-2019/

today i'm using my jinrong 192-1 that's been a very fuzzy writer, but somehow is behaving quite nicely today. i had it stored for a while and desided to take it out for a spin...

it sports a very interesting looking nib -the performance, as mentioned, has been less than desirable, tho'. i had to do a lot of flushing and tweaking to get it to write.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/PC110063.jpg

My pen has a similar nib, but it writes very well,smooth and wet,no skipping and it starts perfectly. I have had it only for a week though :) It is an Uranus, but I do not know the model, bought it from a very old pen seller here in Beijing (84y.o) and did not ask for details, just fell in love with the feeling of writing with it.

post-95862-0-19304100-1355476351.jpg

I received my Kaigelu 356 yesterday so that is getting some use today. I switched inks over so that I have Diamine Midnight Blue in the K356 (which is blue itself) and Waterman's Black in my Jinhao 159. I guess like a lot of people I feel more comfortable when the pen colour is close to the colour of the ink.

The K356 is great and is a real contrast to the J159, which I also like a lot. I definitely feel more 'in control' with the K356 whereas the J159 is great for quick note taking.

Today I am signing my last few Christmas cards with my Jinhao "MonsterStuck" 159.

(But I also received my Italix "Parsons Essential" - ordered yesterday from MrPen, delivered today - so I am writing all sorts of things for the sake of it. This pen is a delight - so smooth and free flowing. Amber finish, Medium nib, Diamine Onyx Black)

Pens and paper everywhere, yet all our hearts did sink,

Pens and paper everywhere, but not a drop of ink.

"Cursive writing does not mean what I think it does"

Today, I am testing another vacumatic 616 jumbo. If it passes, this one should appear on the PIF thread soon :thumbup:

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/flounder2009/Hero%20616%20Vacumatic/FPN%20PIF%20Mk2%20Hero%20616%20Vacumatic/Mk3Hero616.jpg

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

oh, Flounder, i love those vacumatic hero's!! :rolleyes:

today i'm playing with a whole bunch of chinese pens:

Huahong, Dancheron, Baoer, Duke Spider, etc

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/P8045855.jpg

Edited by lovemy51

Sorry if this is a minor thread derail--what are the actual differences between the Jinhao '51-styled pens?

There's the 329, 330, 336, 616...

[EDIT: And I almost forgot the pricier models, the 110, and the 1000. The 1000, at least, is supposed to have a gold nib so there's that.]

Is it all just a matter of cap materials and clip shapes, or what?

Edited by Linsolv

Oh, I meant to mention in my earlier post, somewhat in response to seffrican's post. About posting. This thought is getting a little weird at this point. Anyways, I find that it's hard to post the 159 because the cap falls off about half the time. If I can get it pressed on and write a few sentences, by that point it will usually have demonstrated itself to stay on, and it won't fall off until I re-cap the pen (and then re-post it later, obviously).

I guess this is something to do with the variability in these pens. Mine posts quite firmly and stays in place well for long writing sessions.

I also thought of changing the nib, but the broad-ish medium seems to suit the character of the pen, and I have loads of other pens with fine nibs or stubs. And given the weight of the thing, I'm not carrying it around with me, so it stays on my desk, within easy reach of the ink bottle for when emergency refills are needed. (And that said, it gives me about half a dozen pages of closely written A4 out of a full tank.)

[size="4"]"[i][b][color="#000000"]Qui plume a, guerre a.[/color][/b][/i]" - Voltaire[/size]