How to post pictures on FPN

Guest Denis Richard

I'm currently using Imgur to host the pictures when posting on some Social Media sites. It has nice gallery view features. I know it's a forum here, but wouldn't it be easier to add Fountainpennetwork button on AddThis? A contest on FPN button design would spread the news and encourage people to use it.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sansenri

• wimg

• DrCodfish

• Freddy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We actually prefer people to host images used on Fountain Pen Network right here on Fountain Pen Network, this in order to keep topics intact. We have seen it way too often that a very useful topic with good, useful pictures essentially was destroyed because people either deleted their images from their host, for space requirements or because they felt those were old, switched to another host, closed their account(s), or because the host disappeared from the scene.

By hosting images here, via the Upload tab, at least all the info stays intact.

We are considering starting a proper gallery too - the decision regarding this is a bit difficult, as we have the possibility to add a proper, very nice gallery, but don't want FPN to become just another image hosting site, as this is not what FPN is intended for, and neither do we have the space or budget to cater for this. Upload is a bit limited, but it works very well indeed for our purposes.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I keep getting the error msg that i am exceeding my 4.8 mb limit. How to i get past this? Can i delete previous images to make room for new ones? What am i doing wrong?

I appreciate the advice.

You find the greatest people in the FPN community!

Mike, in Richmond, VA

I keep getting the error msg that i am exceeding my 4.8 mb limit. How to i get past this? Can i delete previous images to make room for new ones? What am i doing wrong?

I appreciate the advice.

You can ignore that message when using Upload, actually. It is a board limit for the attachment manager in the Message editor. That is space provided for Bronze and Silver members who can't access Upload yet, and it unfortunatlyl is a rather messy implementation from a server management POV. In short, ignore and use Upload :D.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

This is a test. This should be an image of my Waterman Lady Agathe from Flickr:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8531/8603874175_965efd2710_z.jpg

Waterman Lady Agathe 1.jpg by Wulfwyn, on Flickr

This should be another Lady Agathe image from my hard drive:

post-101585-0-23366500-1364692642.jpg

Nice!

Haven't seen one of those for a while. My wife has placed hers in a safe place, and can't find it currently. It appears to be a very safe place :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

This is a test. This should be an image of my Waterman Lady Agathe from Flickr:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8531/8603874175_965efd2710_z.jpg

Waterman Lady Agathe 1.jpg by Wulfwyn, on Flickr

This should be another Lady Agathe image from my hard drive:

post-101585-0-23366500-1364692642.jpg

Nice!

Haven't seen one of those for a while. My wife has placed hers in a safe place, and can't find it currently. It appears to be a very safe place :D.

Warm regards, Wim

I'll have to check on when I purchased this pen, but it was quite a few years ago. Thanks for your kind words, Wim!

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried to use the [ IMG ] [/ IMG ] tag (without the spaces) to post a photo from Flickr, but I keep getting a message saying something like that image extension isn't allowed. I also can't upload any more photos myself, as I've exceeded my upload limit - and I read the comment above saying to ignore that, which I would, but the site won't let me upload.

It's very frustrating to keep being unable to embed images in posts :(

Instagram @inkysloth

• 2 weeks later...
Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

• 3 months later...

Test pic

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n549/pelmanyaar/E2F4F48A-B551-405F-9D93-7E51B93CD43E-10921-00000B28770C04CC.jpg

Edited by pelman

http://www.ishafoundation.org/images/stories/inner/ie-logo.gif

Inner Engineering Link

• 1 month later...

I have no idea if this will work. Rather than downloading jpegs to FPN why not just post the address to pictures stored else where. For example, if you would like to see hundreds of pictures of pens that I have turned, do the following:

Go to: photobucket.com type in my account: thompenshop@yahoo.com , type in my password: tomcat8248, click on "library" and look til your hearts content. The library is located on the left side of the page. Approximately twenty different options (albums) are offered there.

Let me know if that works.

Chris Thompson

Thompson Pens

thompenshop@yahoo.com

unfortunately somebody can use your password and change it for use that account for personal use. if you want you can create a public album and post link to it. my advice is to edit your post, delete the pass...

the worst case scenario is you can use this pass and email for different websites...imagine then the accident!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Testing upload:

This is a picture of me as a Lego:

post-110398-0-66636500-1393100077_thumb.png

I really do look like this.

Edited by randomthinks

• 2 weeks later...

Will anyone please tell me how can I upload a picture directly from my android phone to a post

I am getting confused after reading all above posts.

• 1 month later...

I seem to be running around in circles. Where is the upload button? Pretty new to this and seem to be failing when it comes to uploading images of my pens

I seem to be running around in circles. Where is the upload button? Pretty new to this and seem to be failing when it comes to uploading images of my pens

Ok..go to the top of this page..Members Calender Gallery More...go to More click on arrow menu drops down..

go to Upload and click..

Fred

redactin' testin'.......see it does work..just uploaded this image...see below......

fpn_1397604923__bodaciousbooie.jpg

Edited by Freddy

Ok..go to the top of this page..Members Calender Gallery More...go to More click on arrow menu drops down..

go to Upload and click..

Fred

redactin' testin'.......see it does work..just uploaded this image...see below......

fpn_1397604923__bodaciousbooie.jpg

Most appreciated. Thank you for your post

go to Upload and click..

Oh hey, that is nifty. So that is preferred to using external hosts for posting an image on FPN? (here I just created a Flickr account in the last week or two to be able to post image here). Is the to limit to the number of images a user can upload?