What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Once we have all that sorted out, next can we take on why when you place an order the money disappears from your bank account in mere seconds,  while if they have to refund you for some "unforeseen" inventory shortage, it'll be "8-10 business days before we can make re-payment"?  

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every six months. 

~ 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Decided that I can't stand USPS any longer...not waiting on the mail for anything else that I don't have to.
Took a nice drive over to Columbia, Md and bought a bottle of  "Kyo-Iro - Stone Road of Gion" and a bottle of "Kaweco - Palm Green" at Penboutique.

A couple hours to pick ink up versus 3-4 weeks for it to be delivered...PRICELESS.

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

Weeks?  :yikes:  Okay, I stand corrected.  Your mail where you live really does suck....

For me, out for delivery are a bunch of samples from Anderson Pens (along with the new Azure Lamy al-Star): Edelstein Moonstone; Monteverde Ocean Noir and Rose Noir; Sailor Manyo Kakitsubata; and Sailor 50 States New York and Pennsylvania.  Ordered on the 11th from Anderson Pens, and made it past the regional distribution center yesterday evening.  The original ETA was supposed to be tomorrow by 9 PM, but it's now supposed to by 9 PM today; and given the usual wacky schedule from the replacement carrier(s) -- my old mailman you could set your watch by within about 20 minutes -- I'm guessing sometime between 5 and 7 PM for delivery.

I dunno.  Maybe living in a semi-major metropolitan center has more perks than I'd realized (like public water and sewers, and a couple of blocks' walk to something faintly resembling mass transit....  The regional distribution center is about a 20 minutes drive from my house (and in fact, shared space in a warehouse in an industrial park with a company my husband used to work for (although the USPS took up something like 4/5ths of space).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Well, after just over four weeks, my Van Diemens order arrived today.  I haven't had time to unbox them yet, so I'll report back once I've swatched them. 

Yesterday brought me a few other inks, including the new MB Around the World in Eighty Days Blue (bit of a mouthful, that one) which I'm liking a lot. 

I keep looking at the Van Diemans inks (I think they're available in the US from Vanness).  But I haven't seen a lot of reviews.   So let us know how you like them.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

But I haven't seen a lot of reviews.

I'm intentionally avoiding reviewing them, even though it was tempting to be the first to post a bunch of reviews for a brand that was completely missing from the Ink Reviews index on FPN. (@Licue has since posted the first review, as well as a combined presentation of several ink colours.)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Cult Pens is having a sale, right?

• Diamine
    • Macassar
    • Matador
    • Raw Sienna
    • Matador
  • Pelikan
    • Blue-Black
  • Stipula
    • Notturno Giannutri
    • Verde Muschiato

bayesianprior.png

On 5/13/2021 at 1:10 PM, Detman101 said:

Awesome, glad that story wound up with a happier ending.

large.1553095287_NewbottledinksreceivedfromCultPenson17May2021.jpg.aaf94688e017eaec652925ddf1b09ed7.jpg

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Just found that Pure Pens will ship ink samples, so I have ordered the following:

Samples of:

Noodler's Habanero

Noodler's Apache Sunset 

(looking for that orangey-yellow shading vibe that isn't quite working for me in Yu-yake)

Noodler's North African Violet

(looking for a nice pure purple, like Lamy Dark Lilac, but without the unobtanium, and less smeary on TRP)

Noodler's Bulletproof Black

(I don't actually have any black ink other than Pelikan 4001, which is not waterproof and too dry for my taste)

30ml bottles of:

Diamine Sapphire

Diamine Misty Blue

(Two of the first samples I ever bought from Goulet back when I lived in the US, and looking back at my journal from those days, I still really like them)

Totalling umpteen bottles of:

• (more) Herbin Cacao du Brésil
  • (more) Jacques Herbin Gris de Houle
  • Robert Oster Sydney Lavender
  • Robert Oster Yellow Sunset

I'm waiting for unusually few (for me). A couple of Sailors that have no stock arriving date - because (apparently) of their European operation relocation from the UK to France post-Brexit. 

I've got the usual hefty wishlist going on, of course. Unfortunately, pretty much all the things I want are ridiculously hard to get unless I can find some spare internal organs in a good enough state to sell.

Four Van Dieman's, from their new Underwater series:

Fire Coral

Moon Jellyfish

Neptune's Necklace

Sea Shell

7 minutes ago, I-am-not-really-here said:

Four Van Dieman's, from their new Underwater series:

Fire Coral

Moon Jellyfish

Neptune's Necklace

Sea Shell

🤩

4 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

I've got the usual hefty wishlist going on, of course.

I don't have a wishlist for inks at all, but I do have a fatal weakness to heavily discounted (for a short time only and/or until sold out) inks that are even half-decent.

Anyway, what do you think about the two new KWZ Ink ‘duo-colour’ inks mentioned in Cult Pens's newsletter yesterday? I think the Brown/Green is right up the alley of so many fans of ‘murky’ here. Not worth it to me to build another entire £70 order up around those inks, though.

2 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

I don't have a wishlist for inks at all, but I do have a fatal weakness to heavily discounted (for a short time only and/or until sold out) inks that are even half-decent.

Anyway, what do you think about the two new KWZ Ink ‘duo-colour’ inks mentioned in Cult Pens's newsletter yesterday? I think the Brown/Green is right up the alley of so many fans of ‘murky’ here. Not worth it to me to build another entire £70 order up around those inks, though.

It's quite easy to justify a larger order if you're ordering Ranga pens and are a fan of Bock nibs.  For instance a Ranga 3C tapped for Bock is $57 +s/h.  And a Kaweco Supra or Karas Kustom nib from Cult Pens is $20-25....it adds up :D

bayesianprior.png

6 minutes ago, BayesianPrior said:

It's quite easy to justify a larger order if you're ordering Ranga pens and are a fan of Bock nibs.

🤔

I'm not quite making the connection to either impulse-buying inks or having a wishlist for inks. Cult Pens don't sell Ranga pens, as far as I'm aware; not that I want to buy more of those anyway. The one Ranga pen I have (with which I'm quite satisfied, and which sated my curiosity about the brand and Indian pens in general) came with a Bock nib, so it isn't like I need to buy a Bock nib elsewhere because Ranga don't sell them.

1 minute ago, A Smug Dill said:

🤔

I'm not quite making the connection to either impulse-buying inks or having a wishlist for inks. Cult Pens don't sell Ranga pens, as far as I'm aware; not that I want to buy more of those anyway.

Apologies, I was unclear and my thoughts incomplete.

I have recently become a fan of Ranga pens after receiving my first exemplar in April.  But - completely irrationally, as I have never knowingly used a JoWo nib - I insist on having my Ranga pen threaded for Bock nibs.  The only Bock nibs currently in stock at Ranga are Titanium F & B, and 18k F, M, B.  Those nibs represent quite a premium on a $60 pen.

So, I have been trawling the internet for affordable Bock nib units.  Beaufort Inks, TWD, Cult Pens, etc.  The recent Cult Pens sale was enough to tip the balance towards an affordable Bock nib (Kaweco, actually) - which 'justified' the purchase of a nibless pen from Ranga.

So....what I should have said was: if you want to buy a Ranga threaded for Bock nibs, and are happy with a steel nib, it is easy to make up a £70 order at Cult Pens.

bayesianprior.png

18 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

Anyway, what do you think about the two new KWZ Ink ‘duo-colour’ inks mentioned in Cult Pens's newsletter yesterday? I think the Brown/Green is right up the alley of so many fans of ‘murky’ here.

It is indeed!!
Found it!
https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/KZ86412/kwz-ink-cult-pens-duo-colour

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

I am still waiting for Pelikan Golden Beryl ink.  I pre-ordered it ages ago and now have a Pelikan pen I think it will pair smashingly with; never thought I'd get the pen before the ink arrived!

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence