What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

On 3/24/2021 at 8:22 PM, jandrew said:

Waiting on three more Van Dieman's --- they finally landed in Canada today, so sometime next week (inks: Sweet Fig, Hailstorm, Federation Peak).

Ohhh, how long did it take? I ordered on March 17th and they are still languishing in Melbourne. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

18 minutes ago, Broomstick said:

Ohhh, how long did it take? I ordered on March 17th and they are still languishing in Melbourne. 

Mine shipped March 12, left Melbourne March 22, hit Canada on the 24th and delivered on the 30th. Hopefully yours will end their languishment soon ;)

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

Thank you! I have orders coming from Australia (2), Israel via Russia, Germany (2), and the US (2). I have some waiting ahead of me. (We’re currently on Stay-at-home Order, nothing much to do other than shop online.)

Edited by Broomstick
Typo

Received today my order from LCdC for:

- Jacques Herbin 350th Anniversary Vert Atlantide

- Krishna Inks Super Rich Series - Sailor Blue

- Montblanc Ink Bottle Great Characters The Beatles - hesitated for a very long time for this one...

Just wanted to highlight the quality of the service which was great this time. Ordered yesterday, received today. 🙂

Well, on the other hand no news from my long-time pending orders... 

The 3 inks are amazing.

Had doubt for the Montblanc but the early swab showed me that I did right 😉

Check out my website about Photography and Ink-making: WWW.LOKE.BE

2 hours ago, Loke said:

Had doubt for the Montblanc but the early swab showed me that I did right 😉

You definitely did! It's one of my all time favourite purples :)

18 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

You definitely did! It's one of my all time favourite purples :)

Really enjoying Hayabusa and Imperial purple at the moment. I'll see which becomes my favourite! 🙂

Thanks for your message.

Check out my website about Photography and Ink-making: WWW.LOKE.BE

A 50ml bottle each of Jacques Herbin Bleu Austral, Bleu de Minuit and Gris de Houle (at A$10 apiece, it's difficult to resist, especially when the outlet ‘clearance’ price was double that just a few days ago).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

2 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

A 50ml bottle each of Jacques Herbin Bleu Austral, Bleu de Minuit and Gris de Houle (at A$10 apiece, it's difficult to resist, especially when the outlet ‘clearance’ price was double that just a few days ago).

Oh, please kindly tell the outlet so I can also unsuccessfully test my resistance! :)

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

1 hour ago, PithyProlix said:

Oh, please kindly tell the outlet so I can also unsuccessfully test my resistance! :)

outlet.milligram.com

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

34 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

outlet.milligram.com

Thank you very much. Those are really great deals on the Herbin Essentielles inks - they also have Cacao du Bresil 30ml for $5 AUD.

Alas, it seems they only ship within Australia. Non-resistance is futile!

5 minutes ago, PithyProlix said:

Those are really great deals on the Herbin Essentielles inks

I bought seven 50ml bottles of Noir Abyssal forA$5 each last time. Alas, the price of these other colours now appearing in Milligram Outlet isn't quite as low, and Ambre is noticeably absent from the line-up.

9 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

That is the most ridiculous price - I'm deeply envious! I love this range, and they're incredibly hard to buy in Europe (where they're from) and impossible in the UK (for certain colours anyway). I'd have happily paid the ridiculous shipping cost and bought at least two bottles of everything on there - including the Lamy Mango (which is gorgeous) with the possible exception of the Amazon Green!

Meanwhile,

I caved and bought some Van Dieman's... 

I also got lured into some more RO greens. My ink resistance program isn't going very well this week :)

39 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

I also got lured into some more RO greens. My ink resistance program isn't going very well this week :)

"... lured into ..." 😆 (I hate how they make us buy more ink!)

50 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

I'd have happily paid the ridiculous shipping cost and bought at least two bottles of everything on there

It crossed my mind (more than briefly!) to buy multiple bottles of Gris de Houle, on account of it shifting in part to green — or so it seems on every image or review I came across, making it an interesting multi-hued ink that is not Sailor Ink Studio or from Troublemaker, and one in which writing with a Fine nib may actually be legible — and showing a lot of promise of being interesting, but I know realistically I'm not going to be using much of it ever even so. On the other hand, if it was $5 a bottle, which was what I paid for the Noir Abyssal, I'd probably have taken the outlet's entire stock of it, haha!

I've also ordered the equivalent of >2,500 A5 sheets of that dot-gridded 80gsm maple(?) paper used in Studio Milligram books. I find the paper having much more show-through (but not bleed-through) than what one would expect of 80gsm paper, but it's otherwise very ‘fountain pen friendly’ and… interesting. Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black sheens readily on it even when written with an EF nib; and even Noodler's X-Feather sheens on it!

A couple bottles, discovered while browsing aimlessly this weekend. They're from the new[?] 6th season of Colorverse's Earth Series, Extra Dimension and Warped Passages. And a primary reason for ordering this set was because for once, the color I liked best between the two wasn't gonna cost me $36+ & come in the tiny bottle of the set!  

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every six months. 

~ 

Now if someone could recommend me an ink that matches the tortoise pattern of the m101n red tortoise. I have been thinking of ordering J Herbin Ambre de Birmanie. However, I am open to suggestions.

1 hour ago, TitoThePencilPimp said:

Now if someone could recommend me an ink that matches the tortoise pattern of the m101n red tortoise. I have been thinking of ordering J Herbin Ambre de Birmanie. However, I am open to suggestions.

Here are some ideas:

Of these I have only Sailor Kobe Taisanji Yellow, which looks close to Ambre de Birmanie in reviews.  What is difficult to gauge is what color you will get from a particular pen.  In my Pelikan 140, Taisanji Yellow was definitely yellow, but in my Peyton Street Pen Works cursive italic, which is wetter, the ink is a darker gold.

Finally finished.
All the inks I need, I have...now to get rid of the ones that don't work for me.
Bailing out of this thread, happily.
Have fun all!

Now the wait on the hardware...

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg