What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

20 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

Anyway, what do you think about the two new KWZ Ink ‘duo-colour’ inks mentioned in Cult Pens's newsletter yesterday? I think the Brown/Green is right up the alley of so many fans of ‘murky’ here. Not worth it to me to build another entire £70 order up around those inks, though.

I'll tell on you on Tuesday (missed the dispatch time today by a whisker). I was ordering other stuff anyway (or that's my excuse...)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

I looked them up on Cult Pens' website after seeing ASD's post.  The blue/grey one looks interesting.

Anyone know if those will be exclusive to Cult Pens?  Because of the pandemic, a lot of venders in the US are currently out of stock of fair number of foreign-brand inks at the moment -- not just KWZI.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

5 hours ago, Detman101 said:

1 hour ago, inkstainedruth said:

I looked them up on Cult Pens' website after seeing ASD's post.  The blue/grey one looks interesting.

Anyone know if those will be exclusive to Cult Pens? 

"Duo-Colour fountain pen inks from KWZ, specially made for Cult Pens' 16th birthday." 

I'm pretty confident that means Cult Pens commissioned KWZ Ink to produce those inks, not "Konrad was so nice to bake us a special birthday cake unasked," such that he could then add the inks to KWZ Ink's own product catalogue and distribute to whichever retailer wants to carry them.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

22 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

"Duo-Colour fountain pen inks from KWZ, specially made for Cult Pens' 16th birthday." 

I'm pretty confident that means Cult Pens commissioned KWZ Ink to produce those inks, not "Konrad was so nice to bake us a special birthday cake unasked," such that he could then add the inks to KWZ Ink's own product catalogue and distribute to whichever retailer wants to carry them.

That's pretty funny.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

1 minute ago, amberleadavis said:

That's pretty funny.

Actually I thought it was a little on the snarky side.  :glare:
I missed the "for our birthday" part when I was looking at the swabs online the other day (in my defense, I think I had more of a reaction from my second COVID shot than from the first one, plus a really really stressful week after getting it).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Actually I thought it was a little on the snarky side.  :glare:

Funny what some folk construe as snark these days. I did mean to illustrate how peculiar or fanciful it would be to assume the alternative interpretation of the statement in the product description in good humour, and let others judge for themselves which one is more likely, but it wasn't intended to be a pointed put-down for your asking the question.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Today is my birthday, so I did a little bit of ink shopping - nothing outrageous, but then look what I found. It's been a very long time since mine ran out (years), so what a treat. I should have it by the middle of the week :)

mbbrg1.jpg

3 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

Today is my birthday, so I did a little bit of ink shopping - nothing outrageous, but then look what I found. It's been a very long time since mine ran out (years), so what a treat. I should have it by the middle of the week :)

mbbrg1.jpg

Happy Birthday and write memorably with it!

3 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

mbbrg1.jpg

Well happy birthday!!
That is quite a wonderful birthday gift!

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

Happy Birthday, Mizgeorge & wow, what a find!  I'm sure you're gonna enjoy your 'present'. ~8) 

AFA the topic, I'm awaiting some Visconti samples to try to re-create their Purple. Or as an alternative, duplicate that infamous shade Enzo Ferrari loved so well. (Have just started reading the thread elsewhere here.)  

SO, while we're here.... 

Does anyone know why Visconti dropped their Purple from their very limited lineup? Or IF they have - I've only seen it listed at a couple of places,  but they all show it as Out Of Stock, plus there are several sundry posted reviews of it, so evidently it was plentifully available at some point.  

And lastly .... (Hail Mary!) does anyone here have some, which they'd be willing to send me a small sample for eyes-on color targets?  (At my expense, of course.)  Thx! 

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every six months. 

~ 

On 5/23/2021 at 3:06 PM, mizgeorge said:

mbbrg1.jpg

Congrat!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

On 5/24/2021 at 8:06 AM, mizgeorge said:

… what a treat. I should have it by the middle of the week :)

My order of discounted products last week, which just arrived today, is a lot more commonplace and mundane; nothing others can't easily get (albeit not necessarily at such cheap prices).

large.1659472844_AllthatRobertOsterSydneyLavender.jpg.f26919b26a588d26aa638d959f0f1862.jpg

(Yes, I'm aware it's halfway through 2021 already; but A$3 for 432 pages of fountain pen friendly A5-sized paper to use as scribble pads is hard to resist.)

51 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

My order of discounted products last week, which just arrived today, is a lot more commonplace and mundane; nothing others can't easily get (albeit not necessarily at such cheap prices).

large.1659472844_AllthatRobertOsterSydneyLavender.jpg.f26919b26a588d26aa638d959f0f1862.jpg

(Yes, I'm aware it's halfway through 2021 already; but A$3 for 432 pages of fountain pen friendly A5-sized paper to use as scribble pads is hard to resist.)

If you have the time and inclination to do a review of Sydney Lavender I would love to see it and would appreciate it. There have been few scans of samples but no reviews here.

I hope you like it!  (Because if you don't, well, uhm ...)

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

7 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

That's the box with your ridiculously cheap Herbin's isn't it? I'm well jell over that one! And I love Sydney Lavender...

1 hour ago, mizgeorge said:

That's the box with your ridiculously cheap Herbin's isn't it? I'm well jell over that one! And I love Sydney Lavender...

The second order with Gris de Houle (and another three bottles of Cacao du Brésil), actually; and the third order with Essentielles inks, if counting the earlier one with several bottles of Noir Abyssal but no other colour. The 50ml bottles of Robert Oster inks in this order were alsoA$5 each😆

Sailor Yonaga should be delivered today... along with the Nakaya pen I matched it to.   And Kudos to Nibs.com.  The ink that is part of the order (placed in February) is no longer in stock but they had the foresight to actually put a bottle aside for me so they could fulfill my order when the pen came in.

To: FPN

Fm: Me

Subj: Woo Hoo! 

Claiming 3 or even 4 birds w/1 stone, I lucked onto a bottle of Akkerman Parkpop Purper. Woo Hoo!!!  Got the Akkerman marble-bottle I've been looking for; got the vio-purple "Ferrari ink" Ive been trying to re-create; got the empty Visconti bottle I've been looking for, in the same deal. And, got the remaining ingredient list of samples with backups on the way!  

Did I say Woo Hoo!?? ~8》 

Now all I've gotta do is find a suitable purple pen to put it in.  🤔 

*sigh* 

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every six months. 

~ 

On 5/21/2021 at 1:51 AM, A Smug Dill said:

Anyway, what do you think about the two new KWZ Ink ‘duo-colour’ inks mentioned in Cult Pens's newsletter yesterday? I think the Brown/Green is right up the alley of so many fans of ‘murky’ here. Not worth it to me to build another entire £70 order up around those inks, though.

So these arrived earlier this week, and you should definitely be glad you didn't bother. 

I've tried them with various pens, papers and nibs, and remain hugely underwhelmed.

These are not duo-colour inks. They're not even very interesting as single-colours.

large.KWZ-duos.jpg.e68c90d87f50c9796a8c46b7bd8d042d.jpg

The brown/green has, perhaps, just a hint of green when it's wet, but absolutely nothing once it dries. It's just a rather ordinary, slightly grey leaning brown. It's perfectly well behaved, but nothing that I'd bother with again.

As for the blue/grey, well, I suppose it's a greyish dark blue - more navy than anything, but there's not a hint of any shading, sheen or anything else.  If ever a pair of inks failed to deliver on any sort of promise (and the descriptions really did sound promising) it's these two. 

31 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

If ever a pair of inks failed to deliver on any sort of promise (and the descriptions really did sound promising) it's these two. 

Thank you so much for letting us know, but I'm sorry it's proven to be a disappointment on your dime. 

On 5/26/2021 at 9:09 AM, Just J said:

To: FPN

Fm: Me

Subj: Woo Hoo! 

Claiming 3 or even 4 birds w/1 stone, I lucked onto a bottle of Akkerman Parkpop Purper. Woo Hoo!!!  Got the Akkerman marble-bottle I've been looking for; got the vio-purple "Ferrari ink" Ive been trying to re-create; got the empty Visconti bottle I've been looking for, in the same deal. And, got the remaining ingredient list of samples with backups on the way!  

Did I say Woo Hoo!?? ~8》 

Now all I've gotta do is find a suitable purple pen to put it in.  🤔 

*sigh* 

Welcome aboard!  Great choices and what a great problem to have.  So, I'd recommend the Pelikan Violet 400 or the Pelikan Amethyst m205.

1 hour ago, mizgeorge said:

So these arrived earlier this week, and you should definitely be glad you didn't bother. 

I've tried them with various pens, papers and nibs, and remain hugely underwhelmed.

These are not duo-colour inks. They're not even very interesting as single-colours.

large.KWZ-duos.jpg.e68c90d87f50c9796a8c46b7bd8d042d.jpg

The brown/green has, perhaps, just a hint of green when it's wet, but absolutely nothing once it dries. It's just a rather ordinary, slightly grey leaning brown. It's perfectly well behaved, but nothing that I'd bother with again.

As for the blue/grey, well, I suppose it's a greyish dark blue - more navy than anything, but there's not a hint of any shading, sheen or anything else.  If ever a pair of inks failed to deliver on any sort of promise (and the descriptions really did sound promising) it's these two. 

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

Thank you so much for letting us know, but I'm sorry it's proven to be a disappointment on your dime. 

Ditto, thank you for saving me.