Inks With A "sheen"

shaylenwilliams

I tried to list down all the ink mentions on this thread but I might have missed some :)

Ink with sheen

Sailor

1. Epinard

2. Sky high

3. Apricot

4. Grenade

5. Ultramarine

6. Okuyama

7. Yamadori

8. Seiboku

9. Nano black

Pilot

1. Yama budo

2. Asa gao

3. Momiji

4. Tsutsuji

5. Konpeki

6. Syo-ro

7. Kujaku

8. Shinryoku

9. Kosumosu

10. Shinkai

Private Reserve

1. DC Supershow blue

2. Ebony blue

3. DC electric blue (clogger)

4. Blue suede (?)

5. Tanzanite

6. Daphne blue

7. Copper burst

8. Burgundy mist

9. Ebony purple

J. Herbin

1. Rouge Hematite

Diamine

1. Majestic blue

2. Hope Pink

3. Coral

4. Midnight blue

5. Eclipse

6. Wild strawberry

7. Bilberry

8. Steel blue

9. Onyx black

10. China blue

11. Twilight

12. Apple glory

13. Sherwood green

14. Sargasso Sea

15. Presidential blue

16. Meadow

17. Prussian blue

18. Asa blue

19. Music set: Tchaikovsky

20. Sepia

Parker

1. Penman sapphire

2. Penman emerald

Noodler's

1. Bluenose bear

2. Golden brown

3. Navy

4. Midway blue

5. Kung te Ching

6. Bay state blue

7. Cactus fruit eel

8. X-feather

9. Naples blue

10. Black swan in English roses

R&K

1. Altgoldgrün

2. Solferino

3. Konigsblau

Montblanc

1. Lavender purple (cartridge)

Aurora

1. Black

Akkerman

1. #05 Shocking blue

2. #13 Simplisties violet

Waterman

1. Black

2. Serenity blue

3. Mysterious blue

4. Purple

Pelikan

1. Turquoise

Omas

1. Green

Lamy

1. Green

Nagasawa kobe

1. #19 Minatogawa lime

2. #32 Tamon purple gray

3. #31 Kaigan stone gray

Levenger

1. Raven black

Thanks buddy!

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shaylenwilliams

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• attika89

I don't have a picture handy but Pilot's mixable red that came with a Parallel pen has a nice gold sheen on Tomoe River.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

Okay, I think I caught some with Levenger Cobalt.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140423_152354.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I need a nice juicy stub to make my inks shine!!!

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.". Matthew 4:19

A friend from polish fountain pen forum (PHD student in chemistry) has created a line of deeply saturated inks. One of my favourites - Zielony Sosnowy (pine green) - has amazing sheen:

Here it looks "innocent":

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/841/p5gb.jpg

But take a look from different angle and you'll get something like this:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/836/otj3.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/838/7aet.jpg

Wow be sure to post that image when we do the group buy.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Did I hear someone say group buy?

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Yeah, Lefty. A group buy must happen. I don't need any more ink, but I really don't have anything beautiful from Poland...

I can't provide a picture at the moment, but Diamine's Tchaikovsky from the Music Set has an amazing amount of sheen. A bit like Diamine Majestic Blue.

It appears that Noodler's Army Green should be added to the "inks with a sheen" list:

http://i61.tinypic.com/5x6igz.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2h2nsq8.jpg

Is that the original formula or the reformulated version? I have a bottle of the reformulated that I picked up a year ago Christmas (at the late lamented Art Brown's in NYC), just before seeing the announcement that Nathan Tardif was bringing back the original formulation. I don't know as how I've noticed any sheen to it -- but then, I also haven't used it for a while.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for typos

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Wow be sure to post that image when we do the group buy.

Yeah... I now need that Polish green...

Which inks have the most sheen..that is visible without holding the paper a certain way or using certain lighting conditions ?

Inks that also work on a variety of paper & nib sizes

I want an ink that clearly has sheen...

Is it possible??

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.". Matthew 4:19

J Herbin Rouge Hemitite leaves no doubt and no strained eyeballs either! Same thing with Akkerman #5 Shocking Blue.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

J Herbin Rouge Hemitite leaves no doubt and no strained eyeballs either! Same thing with Akkerman #5 Shocking Blue.

I received my Akkerman Shocking Blue a couple of days ago...but haven't inked up yet.

I need to get the J Herbin Rouge . Do you know how to tell the re-released version from the one that didn't have the gold sheen?

I personally have the 3rd generation of the ink and it has tons of gold sheen, because people complained about the lack of gold sheen in the 2nd generation ink.

What constitutes third generation vs second generation? My rouge hematite, purchased at the end of last summer, is broken. Some shading, only very rarely sheening. Mostly, it's just orangeish red.

What constitutes third generation vs second generation? My rouge hematite, purchased at the end of last summer, is broken. Some shading, only very rarely sheening. Mostly, it's just orangeish red.

You've got the 2nd version.

I was unable capture the gold sheen on this stuff but dang it's pretty.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140506_194301.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140506_194309.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140506_194430.jpg

Is that the original formula or the reformulated version? I have a bottle of the reformulated that I picked up a year ago Christmas (at the late lamented Art Brown's in NYC), just before seeing the announcement that Nathan Tardif was bringing back the original formulation. I don't know as how I've noticed any sheen to it -- but then, I also haven't used it for a while.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for typos

This is supposed to be the original version of Army Green brought back by Noodlers. I recently picked up a bottle from Goulet Pens. I was just horsing around with it today in my Ranga Cruiser and my Visconti Rembrandt. It shades like mad. I'm gonna buy another bottle.

Oh, and count me in if there's a group buy on that Polish green ink.

Edited by sotto2

http://i59.tinypic.com/ekfh5f.jpg