Pen Shop Directory

Splicer

SummitUK, do you think that you can gather enough information to put these on the map at penshops.info? With Google I might be able to find a street address for Eversley but I'm afraid I have very little chance of finding enough specific information about the antiques mall to get them on the map.

Thanks!

Who are the pen shops in your neighborhood? Find out or tell us where they are, at http://penshops.info/

Blog: http://splicer.com/

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Splicer

• amateriat

• flowmarta

• Penpradeepjain

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SummitUK, do you think that you can gather enough information to put these on the map at penshops.info? With Google I might be able to find a street address for Eversley but I'm afraid I have very little chance of finding enough specific information about the antiques mall to get them on the map.

Thanks!

The Dorking one was on West Street, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1PQ - but I am unsure of the business name.

The other one was Eversley Barn antiques, Church Lane, Eversley, Hampshire, RG27 0PX (and they are a very friendly bunch!)

• 1 month later...

Another shop closed: Ink in Minneapolis, MN, as I learned on my recent trip there recently :(

Since I happen to be in Seattle at the moment (for a week), I was going to ask, in another forum, where the better pen shops/stationers were in these parts, but I came across this forum and said, "cool, someone's got all this info down!"

Alas, one bit of info was out-of-date: When I went to the previously-listed address for Silberman Brown this afternoon, I found a vacant storefront. My heart sank: another one done gone. Undaunted, I whipped out my BlackBerry and fired up Google Maps. Glad I did: SB is still around, but moved a few blocks away (417 University Street). Wonderful place, very personable staff, and a small-but-astute selection of pens and ink (I was shown a rare Parker T-1, which I've never had to pleasure to see or handle before), I took the liberty of making the address correction myself; I hope that's cool as well.

- Barrett

Edited by amateriat

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

posted by Alieanor: "Another shop closed: Ink in Minneapolis, MN" - It's a tragedy. It was the coolest pen store I've ever visited. I think it was the one where you can listen to rock-music (they must have one of these systems) while you were in waiting loop. That the shop is closed comes to my mind when I passed the house it was in...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi admin(s),

I just found this thread--after 2 1/2 years on FPN. I really need to get out of my little Waterman forum more. Anyway, I visited the linked page and did my part by adding some information about the pen shop I was just at on Saturday. In doing so, I noticed that "Iroshizuku" isn't listed in the drop-down menu of ink brands. Maybe an admin. could add it? Just a thought.

Brett

• 3 weeks later...

What a lovely idea! Very useful (if only to see where I must drive to find a shop -- none in SC!) I tried to add the Montblanc boutique in Southpark Mall, but kept getting an error script message. Perhaps because I'm in Chrome?

At any rate, it's at 4400 Sharon Rd (SouthPark Mall), Charlotte NC 28211-3531

(704) 442-1222

hope that helps someone!

• 3 weeks later...

Vanness address is not correct - we moved about five months ago- I have attempted to put in an address change- not sure if it worked since I did not get a confirmation reply.

vanness1938@sbcglobal.net

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/VintagePen/vanness.jpg
Selling fountain pens, ink, paper & related items since 1938

• 3 months later...

A new Paradice Pens just open in the Bridgewater Mall in Bridgewater NJ. A bit expensive though, but it is in an affluent region. My neighborhood Staples in Green Brook NJ sells bottled Parker Quink and Cross cartridges.

• 1 month later...

Dear All,

I've a question regarding www.richardspens.com . His webpage doesn't load. I hope he's not closing like Chuck Swisher. Does anybody have more info?

I also tired to order some stuff from www.tryphon.it . Their catalog page doesn't load and my email to them bounced back. Looks like they also closed their operation? Can somebody confirm?

I need 'ink sterile' since some of my inks got already spoiled. Seems that the fungus and mold spores in the tropics are more aggressive and can grow in inks when they don't have good chemical protection. I have 200 inks in my collection and they did cost quite some money to acquire. Does anybody know where to get 'ink sterile'?

Thanks,

Egon

Ubi bene ibi patria.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't reach Tryphon, neither.

But richardspens.com is no problem to me - except from a not-working elements on the site.

Maybe he is revamping the site.

Dear All,

I've a question regarding www.richardspens.com . His webpage doesn't load. I hope he's not closing like Chuck Swisher. Does anybody have more info?

I also tired to order some stuff from www.tryphon.it . Their catalog page doesn't load and my email to them bounced back. Looks like they also closed their operation? Can somebody confirm?

I need 'ink sterile' since some of my inks got already spoiled. Seems that the fungus and mold spores in the tropics are more aggressive and can grow in inks when they don't have good chemical protection. I have 200 inks in my collection and they did cost quite some money to acquire. Does anybody know where to get 'ink sterile'?

Thanks,

Egon

In doing so, I noticed that "Iroshizuku" isn't listed in the drop-down menu of ink brands. Maybe an admin. could add it? Just a thought.

Sorry, I didn't see this until now. Iroshizuku has been added to the ink brands list. Thanks!

Who are the pen shops in your neighborhood? Find out or tell us where they are, at http://penshops.info/

I've been trying to add Dromgoole's Fine Writing Instruments and Stationary for the last few minutes, and the web form just keeps kicking it out as an error. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but could you add it for me? It's a great shop.

Dromgoole's

2515 Rice Boulevard

Houston, TX 77005

Thanks.

My Blog: Inkdependence!

I tried clicking on the link provided (www.penshops.info) but my browser could not find the page. I then erased the "www", using just "penshops.info" and the page opened just fine... :headsmack:

After checking this page, I wonder how up to date it is: I found "Swisher Pens" which I believe closed down more than a year ago. :hmm1:

Edited by carlos.q

I tried clicking on the link provided (www.penshops.info) but my browser could not find the page. I then erased the "www", using just "penshops.info" and the page opened just fine... :headsmack:

After checking this page, I wonder how up to date it is: I found "Swisher Pens" which I believe closed down more than a year ago. :hmm1:

I moved the site to a new server recently and neglected to add the 'www.' in DNS. Sorry about that. It's corrected now so you ought to be able to access it with or without the www.

It's very possible that there are out-of-date entries there. It's hard to keep on top of all the changes. The site is supposed to be user-maintained. I do a lot of data entry but I can't do it all.

I tried to add Artlite, my local go-to penplace but it's spitting out errors for me too.

error:

PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect integer value: '-' for column 'field_selectionvariety_rating' at row 1: INSERT INTO {field_data_field_selectionvariety} (entity_type, entity_id, revision_id, bundle, delta, language, field_selectionvariety_rating, field_selectionvariety_target) VALUES (:db_insert_placeholder_0, :db_insert_placeholder_1, :db_insert_placeholder_2, :db_insert_placeholder_3, :db_insert_placeholder_4, :db_insert_placeholder_5, :db_insert_placeholder_6, :db_insert_placeholder_7); Array ( [:db_insert_placeholder_0] => node [:db_insert_placeholder_1] => 314 [:db_insert_placeholder_2] => 2406 [:db_insert_placeholder_3] => pen_store [:db_insert_placeholder_4] => 0 [:db_insert_placeholder_5] => und [:db_insert_placeholder_6] => - [:db_insert_placeholder_7] => ) in field_sql_storage_field_storage_write() (line 448 of /var/www/vhosts/penshops.info/httpdocs/modules/field/modules/field_sql_storage/field_sql_storage.module).