• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• admmarcos

• marlinspike

• DimitriDiak

• NoType

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, if the rest of the lineup follows this style, I won’t be adding to the collection.  While that will leave me disappointed, my wife and bank account will be happy 😅.

Holding on to my 2024 pen budget for now and waiting to see what else they will be releasing for the 100th Anniversary Editions.

I guess the green Classique could be cool, but they'll probably throw some nonsense price on it like $1085, making it not cool.

6 hours ago, marlinspike said:

I guess the green Classique could be cool, but they'll probably throw some nonsense price on it like $1085, making it not cool.

I'm betting on more than that price. 

18 minutes ago, admmarcos said:

I'm betting on more than that price. 

Given Montblanc's practice of using 15 micron gold PVD for their gold, a fair price would be more like $700 max, even considering the Montblanc premium, but it seems like these day's there's a sucker born every minute when it comes to luxury goods and Richemont is taking full advantage. I say this as someone with 10 Montblanc pens, only 1 of which is not a special or limited edition.

I think I see what they are going for here, and I kind of like it. Design-wise I think it's quite good looking. I'm glad that the pens don't have a metal section, apparently. 

However, I do admit that I don't really find the ballpoint clip the most appealing, though it does give a nice vintage vibe to it. Otherwise, I like them, and I'm not likely to want to spend the money they will ask to get them. 

They did say there would be several chapters released throughout the year, and that the first one would be old prototypes from their archive, so the vintage vibe makes sense.

At first sight, the first pictures seemed to me to be Aurora - because of the clip. Then, I noticed with greater attention that it was the centenary model. Anyway, I believe the models look nice, and the 145 (green) is the best option because it is not a regular color. The engravings in the cap are also nice. The issues go to the price range that will probably be higher than the regular editions we have today (e.g., current solitaires editions) because it is a special anniversary edition. The red one, I believe, is from a solitaire collection because it is 'all' mixed with resin and metal finishing. Let's see the following models. The cap and nib look good, but the clip I was a little bit disappointed. It's an interesting addition to the collection, but it really depends on the prices. 

For pricing I think using the Around the World in 80 Days collection as a barometer would be a good guess. Which reaches from $900 for the full resin model to $2300 USD for the Solitaire. Add about a 10-15% premium for the privilege. I'll also guess there will be at least one $5000+ USD version. 

n+1

7 hours ago, Baka1969 said:

For pricing I think using the Around the World in 80 Days collection as a barometer would be a good guess. Which reaches from $900 for the full resin model to $2300 USD for the Solitaire. Add about a 10-15% premium for the privilege. I'll also guess there will be at least one $5000+ USD version. 

I must agree, and I was comparing the AWI80D collection just to have one idea. If we have a price of +- 1,500 for a 145 FP for a 'special edition,' for sure, a centennial anniversary will be higher. In my opinion, more than 2,000 for such a pen is absurd since we have incredible pieces around this value, such as Moon Pearl (fantastic and grail pen!). I believe that we need to check. Maybe they have regular models with the same design but cheaper, as we can see in the same AWI80D collection. Time will reveal. My conclusion: the 145 in green is very beautiful and eye-catching (to me), but it really depends on the price (and I'm sure it will be higher than 1,500, which is too much for a pen like this one). This episode reminded me of the Centennial anniversary collection (beautiful retractable nib and a fair price for a limited edition - !). 

10 minutes ago, admmarcos said:

I must agree, and I was comparing the AWI80D collection just to have one idea. If we have a price of +- 1,500 for a 145 FP for a 'special edition,' for sure, a centennial anniversary will be higher. In my opinion, more than 2,000 for such a pen is absurd since we have incredible pieces around this value, such as Moon Pearl (fantastic and grail pen!). I believe that we need to check. Maybe they have regular models with the same design but cheaper, as we can see in the same AWI80D collection. Time will reveal. My conclusion: the 145 in green is very beautiful and eye-catching (to me), but it really depends on the price (and I'm sure it will be higher than 1,500, which is too much for a pen like this one). This episode reminded me of the Centennial anniversary collection (beautiful retractable nib and a fair price for a limited edition - !). 

I believe MB will do everything in their power to extract every penny (Euro, Franc, Pound, Yen...) they can from their clientele. Montblanc is unapologetic about their pricing. Nor should they be. They seem to know their customer base quite well and will likely price the 100th Ann Editions just above our tolerance. 

n+1