A Blue Lamy 2000 Coming

Nerdyhistorian

Mine is on the way! Can't wait!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• Glenn-SC

• Calabria

• shoryupen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The more I see it the more I think they should have gone for a black clip.

Now that would be handsome. Good thinking!

Instagram @inkysloth

I put my name into Goulet's purchase lottery and forgot about the pen until now. I guess that means I didn't win the chance to buy it. Probably for the best, I like the Lamy 2000, and I think the blue is a nice color, but I don't like it enough to pay the LE premium.

Mine arrived in the Mail today! It is beautiful! I am very happy!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Mine was delivered earlier this evening. The EF nib writes a tad broader than I like (but that isn't unexpected), but nevertheless still lends my handwriting a little bit of character instead of just being a "perfectly" round tip. I'm very tempted to ink it up with Sailor souboku pigment ink, but the colour of the Lamy 2000 Bauhaus is a perfect match for Lamy Benitoite ink, which is sufficiently water-resistant although not nearly waterproof. What to do, what to do...

The mirror finish on the clip worries me a bit, though. I can already see several micro-scratches on it out of the box, and since I don't generally like posting my pens, I'm afraid just laying the cap on its side on the desk or table while I write will have elevated chances of marring the finish during set-down and pick-up.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Mine was delivered earlier this evening. The EF nib writes a tad broader than I like (but that isn't unexpected), but nevertheless still lends my handwriting a little bit of character instead of just being a "perfectly" round tip. I'm very tempted to ink it up with Sailor souboku pigment ink, but the colour of the Lamy 2000 Bauhaus is a perfect match for Lamy Benitoite ink, which is sufficiently water-resistant although not nearly waterproof. What to do, what to do...

The mirror finish on the clip worries me a bit, though. I can already see several micro-scratches on it out of the box, and since I don't generally like posting my pens, I'm afraid just laying the cap on its side on the desk or table while I write will have elevated chances of marring the finish during set-down and pick-up.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I now have 2 EF 2000 nibs (regular black one and bauhaus). Both are somewhat like an architect nib (which I like). But indeed not a "round" tip.

I was strolling at one of my fav shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur and the concept store happened to have two units available. So i purchased one on the spot with number 0008. Cant wait to fill it up and write with it soon!

post-120111-0-82086700-1570232791_thumb.jpg

Edited by shoryupen

I just received my Lamy Bauhaus from Choosing Keeping. I ordered it on Wednesday, shipped it through DHL express, and it was in my hands to finish up this morning's journal entry. It's my first Lamy, and the EF nib will be perfect for grading essays on bad paper, as I plan to do all weekend.

So i purchased one on the spot with number 0008.

Is the top "jewel" piece a different color of blue from the rest of the cap?

Edited by Glenn-SC

Mine arrived last week.

fpn_1570318460__img_4261.jpeg

I'm not a fan of these boxes since they land in the trash, sooner or later. But the notebook is pretty massive, and I like the attention to detail - the booklet has the handwritten number 0258/1919 in it. The pen itself is not exactly eye-catching, more a study in understatement. Without the box and the limited number, most people wouldn't think it's special. Nevertheless, I like the blue-black. Here it is with some of my favorite dark blue pens (l. to r.: OMAS Venezia 2003, Lamy 2000 Bauhaus, Pelikan M605 dark blue - also 2003):

fpn_1570318394__img_0723.jpeg

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I'm not a fan of these boxes since they land in the trash, sooner or later.

Which boxes don't/won't?

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Which boxes don't/won't?

I prefer Lamys smaller boxes made of recycled cardboard.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Is the top "jewel" piece a different color of blue from the rest of the cap?

Yes. A lighter blue perhaps but not to the point it looked wash out as in the photo. It looks better in real life. More kind of like a suitable blend in. Not sure how i put that in words.

Well it is very apparent in yours and Calabria's Photos.

I don't like that.

Yeah, that's kind of weird. And I don't like either of the blues.

Yes. A lighter blue perhaps but not to the point it looked wash out as in the photo. It looks better in real life. More kind of like a suitable blend in. Not sure how i put that in words.

I hadnt noticed this on mine - it does look a bit different but I think its the way its been brushed rather than actually being a distinctly different colour? If you look at the polished end of the cap its dark, and closer to the barrel colour.

Instagram @inkysloth

I'm still not completely sold on the Lamy 2000 Bauhaus being a good buy for me (although I did get it for a relatively cheap all-inclusive price), but at least I don't dislike it the way I disliked my Pelikan M815 Metal-Striped (for which I paid more) out of the box. The nib is somewhat interesting, and I suppose as @lucraak put it about it has something of the character of an architect's grind, although I still seem to be able to get narrow enough horizontal lines out of it. The feel and balance of the pen are pretty good albeit not my favourite.

It'd probably have been smarter for me to buy a Makrolon version as my first (and only) Lamy 2000 for one-third the price of this; so, as much as I don't enjoy either the feeling of divestiture and the hassle of selling my pens, this is one of the pens that's on my list of prime candidates to sell off at some point.

I hadnt noticed this on mine - it does look a bit different but I think its the way its been brushed rather than actually being a distinctly different colour? If you look at the polished end of the cap its dark, and closer to the barrel colour.

I think the body is brushed in one go, and the cap finial is brushed separately - the difference should fade as the pen becomes worn. I quite like this. Its a visible part of the manufacturing process.

– Lin Yu-T'ang