A Blue Lamy 2000 Coming

Nerdyhistorian

I was hoping for a more bright blue. This is blue black.

Still, if it's not being sold at a premium, I'll buy one.

But knowing Lamy, it's going to either be sold in such tiny numbers that they all get bought instantly and scalped for a thousand bucks, or just straight up sold for $450 and nobody will want it.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• Glenn-SC

• Calabria

• shoryupen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But knowing Lamy, it's going to either be sold in such tiny numbers that they all get bought instantly and scalped for a thousand bucks, or just straight up sold for $450 and nobody will want it.

If my memory serves me well, discussions about the famous red Lamy 2k underlined that makrolon isn't friend with bright colors.

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Well, Mike's picture doesn't show "blue-black", more towards medium blue.

I await the first Owners personal photograph in real lighting to see the color.

Colour looks like Iroshizuku shin-kai.

LYTH

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee402/LYTH1/031.jpg

Looks fantastic!

But these promo photographs are notoriously unreliable

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

EF Only, Only ~1900 pieces, and EUR 315+VAT. Three strikes already

EF Only, Only ~1900 pieces, and EUR 315+VAT. Three strikes already

The two companies Ive seen selling it in the UK offer it in all the standard Lamy 2000 nib widths - Pen & Paper in Cardiff have 4 available for pre-order, The Writing Desk have an email-for-interest message.

Instagram @inkysloth

I've heard from a UK retailer. There will be 1919 pens, all EF (it's to celebrate 100 years of Bauhaus). It'll be a polycarbonate and will come with some other bits, so the cost I heard was still high.

The photo from Appelboom looks like a stub, not an EF.

Do we have any US retailers currently offering it? Id like to get a better feel for the price.

Maybe somebody will buy it at full price and then be uninspired by it and sell it on ebay for auction which would allow me to snipe it for half price.

The photo from Appelboom looks like a stub, not an EF.

Probably a stock photo supplied by Lamy

The two companies Ive seen selling it in the UK offer it in all the standard Lamy 2000 nib widths - Pen & Paper in Cardiff have 4 available for pre-order, The Writing Desk have an email-for-interest message.

That shouldn't be too much trouble, L2K nibs are easily changed...Appelboom mentioned on their Insta as well that ex-factory they're all EF

Someone has an idea about the price in euros ?

LYTH

Odd, so you have to buy it with the journal?

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

The journal is just a free gift courtesy of Lamy, isn't it? That's my impression (like those bottles of ink that sometimes come with ltd editions).

Fontoplumo said 385€. A bit expensive for a L2K, even in blue. :unsure:

LYTH