• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• mallymal1

• A Smug Dill

• Honeybadgers

I had some leftover eBay bucks to use so I decided to try another Kaweco. The Perkeo I had didnt really thrill me, so I wanted to try another. This time went with a Skyline Sport in a Broad nib. Hope this one is better

The new Penbbs M nibs are pretty nice. They write as good as a JoWo #6.

I just got my 355 today with the M nib and I'm happy with the pen and nib! I agree mine is as good as a JoWo #6 M. I am not feeling any need to swap the nib. I swapped the PenBBS F's to JoWo B's but that was mostly to get a wider line.

My self-discipine as a consumer is nigh non-existent these days. :bawl: I caved and ordered a Aurora Optima 365 in brown tortoise-shell (996-LT) with EF nib, and all it took to push me was an additional 5% off the effective price for which I could get it one day ago. (Yes, I imagined the price could be lower yet again by another 5%, but just couldn't hold out to see whether another better discount code would come up.)

Edit: Uh, grammar.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

My self-discipine as a consumer in nigh non-existent these days. :bawl: I caved and ordered Aurora Optima 365 in brown tortoise-shell (996-LT) with EF nib)

Thats a beautiful pattern of tortoise shell-I can see the irresistible attraction. I had the same problem with a pen that I had been interested in a few years ago, then forgot about, a Krone Boulder in Chinook livery. I had looked for some time for one, and gave up looking. A few days ago I came across one without looking for it, and its on its way. Its easily the most colorful pen I own, but I love the salmon red with blue veins running through it. The Krones from the early 2000s were a good bit less bling covered, with usually fine 18K gold nibs that were nice writers.

post-135891-0-27826200-1547685188.jpeg

Edited by Herrjaeger

Waiting for some Parkers to come back home that I dropped off at the Chicago Pen Show last May.

I'm in no hurry but I will check on the status of the repair order.

Waiting for:

Conklin Duragraph Orange Nights with Omniflex nib

Conklin Endura Mahogany with 1.1mm Stub nib

TWSBI 580 Clear with EF nib

Just couldn't help myself -- Have a Parker 45 Flighter starting its journey to me! The waiting is unbearable.

Not in the mail per se, but I will be going on a two-week vacation to Taiwan imminently, and am looking forward to picking up some Taiwanese pens. It'll be my first time in Taiwan too, so I'm excited! :happycloud9:

Also looking forward to doing some hunting for vintage Taiwanese and Japanese pens, and eagerly reading up everything I can find online about Taiwanese pen shops, pen models, and pen history. Learning some new things here... e.g. it seems that over the past several decades, there have been many many old variants of what we now call the Sailor HighAce Neo (and which the Taiwanese seem to simply call "F4" due to the nib numbering). Some of those F4s were even made in Taiwan. I wonder how they write, but even as a memento of this vacation they would be lovely.

----------------------------

This lovely pen finally arrived today! It's a mint Parker 45 Custom made in the UK. It still had a tiny bit of dried ink under the nib from dib testing at the factory! Even without ink, the nib slides like butter across the page and has that classic vintage UK Parker softness I really enjoy. This is the first vintage pen I've acquired that is so pristine I'm afraid to ink it haha. For the time being, I'll probably just put the nib into one of my other 45s and let this pen keep its minty-ness.

fpn_1547086423__p1090580.jpg

fpn_1547086930__p1090581.jpg

Lovely! And so pristine! Speaking of UK P45s reminds me of that old thread about perfect writing experiences. As it happens, I'm writing with the particular UK P45 Flighter I discussed in that thread right now. I don't mind the roundness of its tipping quite as much now as I did then, and it's still one of my favorite quick-jotting pens. Such a lively and responsive nib.

How is the nib on your new P45? Have you found your ultimate glassy smooth P45 at last? :D

I'm still waiting for:

It seems the Sailor kazabaiku pen is just not mine to have. My fourth order (from different retailers, and not all in the same country) for this pen in the past several months have again been cancelled on account of Sailor Japan not being able to supply the product in a timely fashion.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

My Lamy Vista in extra fine arrived yesterday. Yahoo. :) I don't have time to try it out now but will when I get ashore.