What Pen Are You Waiting For 2019

Says

Sounds like a good plan! I really like how you want to make the pen a memory of the tutoring experience that enabled you to buy it. Attaching fond memories to pens is something really special.

TruthPil and A Smug Dil, I appreciate your kind advice. Your comments are so helpful. I am settled now on a simple course. The school ter is not over, and I do not know how many more tutoring sessions there will be. So I will simple continue to save that money. When the tutoring comes to an end, then, and not before, I will know my budget. There is no sense in trying to predict it. Whatever the final budget is, there will be a pen available at that price that will be a good reminder of my time tutoring this student and a welcome addition to my set of pens. Basically, I am now set to enjoy the both the journey and the destination. Thanks again!

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• mallymal1

• A Smug Dill

• Honeybadgers

I am still waiting for my PenBBS 355 to show up but last night I ordered a PenBBS 267 in Amber is a Cat finish. Wish I had gotten it in the 323 model when it was available there, but such is life.

The 'Amber is a Cat' finish looks wonderful. I'm tempted myself. :thumbup:

<looks at spouse> "Nah, I don't need any more pens. This is the last one except for the Sailor"

a week passes...

ETA tomorrow for a Aurora 88 Chrome cap :P and Friday, a first Pelikan (clear M205) I forgot to mention

Currently caved and bought a couple vintage eversharp nibs - a semiflex for a skyline and a fine stub for a skyline (both standard - gonna go in random projects)

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Currently caved and bought a couple vintage eversharp nibs - a semiflex for a skyline and a fine stub for a skyline (both standard - gonna go in random projects)

Do you mainly get those off eBay? I've been thinking about getting some vintage nibs for some of my boring but beautiful Chinese pens.

First trigger pulled in this year, only 14 days after it started and after ~month of decision making >< Moonman m100 in Dark Rose on the way to me now. Hope next half a year there won't be any other pen in similar shape and material+colors :lol: i'm just in love with this pen pattern and the only one that might fight with it would be with dark purple pattern instead of red :rolleyes:

First trigger pulled in this year, only 14 days after it started and after ~month of decision making >< Moonman m100 in Dark Rose on the way to me now. Hope next half a year there won't be any other pen in similar shape and material+colors :lol: i'm just in love with this pen pattern and the only one that might fight with it would be with dark purple pattern instead of red :rolleyes:

Excellent choice! I was torn between the rose and brown m100s,but eventually decided on the brown one. I'd totally get another in rose if they'd just make a medium nib option.

Ranga Model 3, 5.5", ebonite, matte black, Bock threading, no nib. Bock Ti cursive italic awaits. PIF identified so numbers do not increase.

Probably my last pen acquisition for the year. Maybe a nib or two.

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

Excellent choice! I was torn between the rose and brown m100s,but eventually decided on the brown one. I'd totally get another in rose if they'd just make a medium nib option.

i love fine nibs and would love to install nib with heart shaped breathing hole in it, i think it will be perfect match, but need to find one first >< i seen them in penbbs 322 and in slightly larger wing sung 626 #5.5? but no one sells nibs separately for them :unsure:

A whole bunch of new Penbbs pens were just released today, so now I've got two of the new 471 pocket pens (Niangao and Cloud versions) and 322 Mianmian on the way.

A whole bunch of new Penbbs pens were just released today, so now I've got two of the new 471 pocket pens (Niangao and Cloud versions) and 322 Mianmian on the way.

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered a 456 - 66.

:)

... will probably be a Sailor 1911 variant

I'm still waiting for my order of the Sailor kabazaiku pen, which sports a 14K gold 1911 Medium nib (not my preferred nib width, but that pen only comes with an M nib from the factory), to ship from La Couronne du Comte. Not your usual cigar-shaped 1911 or flat-ended Professional Gear variants, but I have two other Sailor (koshu-inden) pens in that form factor and I love them.

Moonman m100 in Dark Rose on the way to me now.

i love fine nibs

Then I think you'll enjoy the Schmidt F nib on the M100. I just pulled my two M100 pens out earlier to scribble with them, and they easily write more finely than my Aurora Alpha's EF nib. I actually ordered three M100 last year – Renaissance (brown), Art Genre Red and Dark Rose Red, with my preferences in that order – but one seller screwed up and sent me two Art Genre Red ones. (These prove to have far less blue on the barrels than the product images typically show. Disappointing!) So now I'm still waiting for the 'replacement' Renaissance one – bought from someone else, who is hopefully more competent! – to arrive.

I'm expecting to receive my order with Pen Chalet today. I have no idea when I'll receive the Nemosine Singularity in Walnut I ordered through Amazon Marketplace.

Oh, and I've just been notified overnight that my order of a Leonardo Momento Zero in Hawaii resin has finally been dispatched. Can't wait to try out that EF nib, after TheDutchGuy raved about his Leonardo pens (with F nibs, though) so much!

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Then I think you'll enjoy the Schmidt F nib on the M100. I just pulled my two M100 pens out earlier to scribble with them, and they easily write more finely than my Aurora Alpha's EF nib. I actually ordered three M100 last year – Renaissance (brown), Art Genre Red and Dark Rose Red, with my preferences in that order – but one seller screwed up and sent me two Art Genre Red ones. (These prove to have far less blue on the barrels than the product images typically show. Disappointing!) So now I'm still waiting for the 'replacement' Renaissance one – bought from someone else, who is hopefully more competent! – to arrive.

haha, yea i love EF-F nibs, i think i ordered from the same shop :o , seen you reviews there about wrong pen being send >< really hope mine will be ok and without dull colors, didnt know this is possible on this

Still waiting on those Century II ballpoints! Also waiting on some ink samples from Goulet. Like I said in another Forum, the convenience of a ballpoint is too great to overlook. But after a few days of using one I still look for excuses to fire up a fountain pen again.

I ordered a PenBBS 471 in Amber and Niangao both with M nibs.

The new Penbbs M nibs are pretty nice. They write as good as a JoWo #6.