What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2018

RMN

Platinum 3776 Century, bourgogne, fine nib. I have a rather interesting reason for getting it...

I recently passed the tests necessary to obtain my Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license here in Washington State and am currently waiting for my license number to issue. State law requires that we place our signature over our PLS seal which dictates rather small writing. Since I have taken a considerable liking to fountain pens in the last two or so years, I figured it would be most practical to get one that was a step up from my several Platinum Balance pens. And filling it with Noodler's Bad Black Moccasin ink should ensure that the signature is permanent.

Fountain pens ROCK!!!!!

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

And ... my 2nd pen of 2018, a Pelikano Model 7 P450 Stormtrooper. Yay! Will probably try the Organics Studio Nitrogen I just ordered in it.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Caran d'Ache 849 Fluo Yellow in EF. This pen was on my wishlist and now it is seems to go out of production, so I decided to grab it. I had hard time to decide color, green or yellow... But green seems little bit to blueish for my taste in photos.

Platinum 3776 Century, bourgogne, fine nib. I have a rather interesting reason for getting it...

I recently passed the tests necessary to obtain my Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license here in Washington State and am currently waiting for my license number to issue.

I don't know what this title entails, but congratulations!!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Aurora 98 Gran Lusso - with a9ct gold cap. It was a great price, but I have little experience with vintage pens let alone Aurora so this may be interesting...! :)

I don't know what this title entails, but congratulations!!

Thank you!!

A professional land surveyor is one who is licensed by the governing authority to determine property boundary locations and other items related to the profession. I've seen the term "Chartered Surveyor" used elsewhere for people who have roughly the same skills and responsibilities...

Make sure to try the actual Wing Sung, since many love its nib. I just came to dislike the Kakuno's grip a bit, so I swapped the nib without a second thought.

Thanks for the reply. I will ink it up and use as is when I receive it. Lots of good reviews but will keep in mind the possibility of swapping nibs if need be.

I like the way the wing sung 698 nibs write, but I prefer the Pilot nibs if it's a good one. I think you'll like it a lot.

The 698 is a solid and reliable pen. I like how it has an inner cap to keep the nib from drying out, and the overall build follows that seem of providing a reliable writer for the price.

Thanks for reply. My expectations of the pen is wait and see, but with so many good reviews I think I will like it. Im still new to the whole world of FP and trying to figure out what I like/dont like etc. I figured for the price a good experiment.

A professional land surveyor is one who is licensed by the governing authority to determine property boundary locations and other items related to the profession. I've seen the term "Chartered Surveyor" used elsewhere for people who have roughly the same skills and responsibilities...

Oh, okay. Sounds as fascinating as crucial. Property boundary disputes can easily lead to family feuds in my area, so your profession would be extremely important.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Congrats, Cashbox!

I'm still expecting my Waterman's 55, which should be here at last today or tomorrow!

My long-suffering mother is sending me some of my buys from the UK, including my long-awaited Waterman's Safety, a W2 (which I'm intrigued by as on the surface it looks pretty much the same as my 503), a PIF from a board member here, and at last, some vintage red Sheaffer Skrip!

Plus, yesterday I scored two flexible John Bulls, including one mint in its box with the papers! Not a major coup to many maybe, but John Bull was on my wish list, and they were amazingly cheap!

Finally, a Karas Kustoms something or other that I won in a draw they had.

So, two possible grails (depending on the nibs) and certain wish list items, one more wish list item with a twin to recoup its cost, two freebies, and only one impulse buy! Now I've got to work out how many giveaways I've got myself, so to see if I can PIF something on here, or if they'll all be going to my bro, his kids, and my daughter...

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

So... I am waiting on quite a lot of fountain pens and the list is as follows:

1. Pelikan M1000 Green Striated
  2. Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl
  3. Pelikan M600 White Tortoise
  4. Sailor Pro Gear Earth
  5. Ranga Model 3
  6. TWSBI Mini AL Gold
  7. TWSBI ECO T Blue
  8. TWSBI 580 AL Rose Red
  9. TWSBI 580 ROC
  10. ASA Spear

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

I just ordered my first Vintage Fountain Pens ever. They are en route from Jolly Old England.

1. A Waterman- 'Skywriter' (loved the name - also contributed to me buying it.) 1930's Made in Canada, green marbled celluloid, lever filler. The 14k nib apparently writes Fine to Broad.

2. A Waterman Ideal No.32 Lever Filler, 1930's, Made in Canada. The 14k 'Waterman's Ideal England 2' Nib is described as having good flex and writes medium fine to double broad. The pen looks black, but could be a dark blue -it's hard to tell in the pictures, and I didn't ask

The ebay buys were kind of spur of the moment, so I hope they work out! Seller had good reputation so... (crosses fingers).

3. A Sailor Profit Standard, 14k Zoom nib.

4. A Pilot Metropolitan Pop (w some pilot black cartridges)- for my wife - I have to get her into this so that I can buy more inks and stuff. lol

I'm awaiting a raw aluminum AL Sport in EF, a 1.1 and a 1.5mm nib along with Monteverde carts for the Kaweco in Blue Velvet and a couple of clips from Kaweco in silver and bronze for other Kawecos I have.

I'd taken a break from my pens for awhile but recently started using the Lamy Safari with 1.1 nib to write in my journal. Reignited my love for FPs!

I will be interested to hear from the previous posters on their purchase of the Kaweco Liliput in Fireblue. Are you satisfied with them? How are the nibs/flow on the pens? Thanks in advance!

So... I am waiting on quite a lot of fountain pens and the list is as follows:

1. Pelikan M1000 Green Striated
  2. Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl
  3. Pelikan M600 White Tortoise
  4. Sailor Pro Gear Earth
  5. Ranga Model 3
  6. TWSBI Mini AL Gold
  7. TWSBI ECO T Blue
  8. TWSBI 580 AL Rose Red
  9. TWSBI 580 ROC
  10. ASA Spear

Wow! Yes, waiting on quite a few indeed lol. That's awesome! How do you find the TWSBI eco compared to the 580. Nibs just as nice ? Is the holding part (section?) on the 'T' model similar to the Lamy Safari type triangular bit? Or is it less structured than that ? I always find it hard to tell in pictures because of the transparent qualities of it. I was going to get an eco recently (because I like my 580) but ended up getting the other stuff I posted up there.

I'm waiting on a Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl as well. Seems everyone is out right now, but it should be back in stock and shipping before my birthday next month.

Wow! Yes, waiting on quite a few indeed lol. That's awesome! How do you find the TWSBI eco compared to the 580. Nibs just as nice ? Is the holding part (section?) on the 'T' model similar to the Lamy Safari type triangular bit? Or is it less structured than that ? I always find it hard to tell in pictures because of the transparent qualities of it. I was going to get an eco recently (because I like my 580) but ended up getting the other stuff I posted up there.

nibs are manufactured by same company "JoWo" ..... the feel of the nibs is same...

Holding part of the section of Model T is triangular and I believe it is akin to Lamy safari... but will be able to comment on this in detail only when the pen I get hold of this...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

I just ordered my first Vintage Fountain Pens ever. They are en route from Jolly Old England.

1. A Waterman- 'Skywriter' (loved the name - also contributed to me buying it.) 1930's Made in Canada, green marbled celluloid, lever filler. The 14k nib apparently writes Fine to Broad.
2. A Waterman Ideal No.32 Lever Filler, 1930's, Made in Canada. The 14k 'Waterman's Ideal England 2' Nib is described as having good flex and writes medium fine to double broad. The pen looks black, but could be a dark blue -it's hard to tell in the pictures, and I didn't ask
The ebay buys were kind of spur of the moment, so I hope they work out! Seller had good reputation so... (crosses fingers).
3. A Sailor Profit Standard, 14k Zoom nib.
4. A Pilot Metropolitan Pop (w some pilot black cartridges)- for my wife - I have to get her into this so that I can buy more inks and stuff. lol

Nice way to start into vintage!

My 55 should arrive today - tracking says it's out for delivery! Haven't been quite this excited about a new pen for some time!

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

Nice way to start into vintage!

My 55 should arrive today - tracking says it's out for delivery! Haven't been quite this excited about a new pen for some time!

Thanks! What is a 55 ? lol. There's a parker 51 (I think) that everyone seems to love. I just got notified that my pens have shipped via Royal Air Mail (putting royal in front of it makes it sound like the best thing ever lol- I'm expecting some butler to deliver it to my front door driving a limo, or maybe a hellicopter- the pens will be on a velvet pillow or something) lol. Hope you get your pen today!