S. T. Dupont D Line Black Laquer And Gold. An Elegant And Austere Pen

columela

http://www.fototime.com/26230BEDAEEC18B/large.jpg

That's a sweet looking pen. What's the model name? I've tried googling but can't find anything more specific than "slim lacquered pen"...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• praxim

• sansenri

• mulrich

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a sweet looking pen. What's the model name? I've tried googling but can't find anything more specific than "slim lacquered pen"...

That is a Neo-Classique and actually far from slim; about Montblanc 149 body width. ST Dupont did also make similar slim pens as in the image below on the far right.

From Right: Classique then two Gatsby.

http://www.fototime.com/379D0E014D2D68F/large.jpg

Thanks jar!

Wow, it's massive, then. It looked thinner in the pic (I was thinking F-C Ambition thin).

I still love how it looks; I think it's the clip that does it for me.

Thanks again for the info.

Thanks jar!

Wow, it's massive, then. It looked thinner in the pic (I was thinking F-C Ambition thin).

I still love how it looks; I think it's the clip that does it for me.

Thanks again for the info.

The one I have is the smaller of the Neo-Classiques. There is actually a slightly larger version as well. A nice thread on many of the Neo-Classique versions.

Edited by jar

Have only two S.T. DuPont pens -- a Fidelio (the gunmetal check model) and. Defi. Love both -- they put down rich juicy lines of ink.

• 1 month later...

ST Dupont has had a wide range of widths.

http://www.fototime.com/FB19E08F336F692/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/26230BEDAEEC18B/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/51BEF61F7943D3A/large.jpg

Lovely pens, Jar.

Can you tell us a little more about the 4th pen from the left? Is it a Chairman? or Montparnasse? (what is the difference?)

Thanks!

Lovely pens, Jar.

Can you tell us a little more about the 4th pen from the left? Is it a Chairman? or Montparnasse? (what is the difference?)

Thanks!

Chairman was a designation ST Dupont used for some pens that were made in smaller quantities and not part of the general lineup. They often came in a larger and smaller version and the designation was used across the Ellipsis, Montparnasse, Gatsby and Olympio/Orpheo models IIRC. The Black pen you referred to is a regular large Montparnasse. Here is an example of a Montparnasse Chairman.

http://www.fototime.com/373B7F621AC1A8A/medium800.jpg

This pen is the smaller size Montparnasse as well.

http://www.fototime.com/8485CC03DC12255/large.jpg

Thank you very much Jar, I had almost sorted it out by reading your previous posts!

So the Montparnasse came in two sizes XL and standard, the Chairman is a Montparnasse in a special finish as I understand.

I just got myself a standard in black laque de chine, a friend was selling a Dupont pen and I was surprised it was a Montparnasse!

It's in the washing... the nib was full of dry ink...

Will post an image in the Montparnasse thread.

Thank you for all the information on these pens.

Thank you very much Jar, I had almost sorted it out by reading your previous posts!

So the Montparnasse came in two sizes XL and standard, the Chairman is a Montparnasse in a special finish as I understand.

I just got myself a standard in black laque de chine, a friend was selling a Dupont pen and I was surprised it was a Montparnasse!

It's in the washing... the nib was full of dry ink...

Will post an image in the Montparnasse thread.

Thank you for all the information on these pens.

Chairman is just a marketing term for a few really upscale versions of several models. Most were a translucent urushi/Laque de Chine coating over a Guilloché body. As I mentioned above, the Montparnasse still used the Parker standard cartridge/converter. Modern Aurora cartridge converters also fit.