2017 Writer's Edition: Antoine De Saint-Exupery

schroedinger

Last week I had a look finally on the pen in the store. I was told that the delivery in Germany has just started; in boutique is already on display since some more days ago.

Anyway, I tried it and, God help me, ordered it with F nib. Let's see how long it takes to arrive. The dealer said 14 days.

Best,

:)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meiers

• Cyrille81

• Tom Kellie

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last week I had a look finally on the pen in the store. I was told that the delivery in Germany has just started; in boutique is already on display since some more days ago.

Anyway, I tried it and, God help me, ordered it with F nib. Let's see how long it takes to arrive. The dealer said 14 days.

~ herrmaag:

May your F nib arrive sooner than you expect and may it be in absolutely pristine condition.

Please share your happiness with us after it arrives.

Tom K.

Yet to see one in store (UK). How heavy is the standard edition compared to the Jules Verne? I'm hoping it's lighter...

Don't know how much a Jules Verne ways, the Saint has some weight, mainly in the cap, and since its a non-posting cap, when you're writing its pretty perfect... for me at least.

I have it! And here you have some pics and notes. :)

post-138051-0-25219000-1504084923.jpg

I must say it is not the first time I buy a WE-MB fountain pen for me. The first time was some years ago with the Cervantes, but sensu stricto I was having already the WE ball pen—what I did is to add the fountain pen. This time, with this WE, I bought directly the fountain pen (and I’m not going to buy the ‘partner’). That means it is the very first time I am experiencing the novelty of the edition directly from a fountain pen, and it’s great.

post-138051-0-21625000-1504084981_thumb.jpg

The size is perfect, really. In comparison with my other two WE (yes, besides the Cervantes there is a Schiller, which I bought almost 15 years ago but as a present and only years later I am having it with me). The size fits my hand perfectly. It is smaller only by mm than the Cervantes, and thicker by mm than the Schiller. That’s uncapped; if capped then it is the tallest, and in that form I do like the thin top, the torpedo form.

post-138051-0-92619400-1504085047_thumb.jpg

The nib is having a peculiarity: the imprint is asymmetric: the distribution has, I think, a Fibonacci pattern. Marvelous! Let’s go down and have a look on the threads: there are less than the other two I have. You can notice it immediately by uncapping—it is faster, that is, with less effort than the two others. You can save time. Smart.

In the cap section, what it is not having my hundred percent approval is the center band. I am not totally convinced, maybe with the time I will appreciate it better. The clip, like the one in Cervantes, is very much unique, and I do like that. It tells something.

The finial of the barrel is ok. The form can be, like the center band, improved, but the play with the geographical coordinates is special, so the balance is positive.

post-138051-0-37186000-1504085105_thumb.jpg

More on the writing later… ;)

Thank you for the comparison with the Schiller and Cervantes, to me it looks too short, I prefer the longer section like on the Wilde, though I am yet to handle this particular pen.

~ herrmaag:

Thank you for the excellent post.

The comparison images are helpful in better appreciating your new pen.

I enjoyed your commentary, too.

Reading your post has been a pleasure!

Tom K.

Best,

:)

I'm still waiting for mine to return from Germany, the boutique said 3-4 months, that means somewhere around october-november I should get news, mine will have BB though, it is one of the nicest pens I've purchased, hope you'll enjoy yours.

Have a good day!

There is no doubt that the first thing you realize when writing with this pen is how easy and fast you can have it ready to write. That is, before writing you have already a highlight. I think this feature (the less number of threads) is very practical, and I applaud it.

The next thing you can see (and feel) is the ink flowing from the nib. Fresh and wet enough to be conscious about what you are doing at the moment: writing with a special pen.

Let’s keep the eye with these minor things. What about the pressure on the nib? Sometimes you need to calibrate your hand, if I may say it in this way, because of the weight of the pen is more or less but not on the perfect point. Here you don’t have to do that, at least I don’t, the pen is perfectly aligned with my hand and style. I mentioned above, in the previous post, thinking in cigar terms, that the form can be described as torpedo—that’s wrong: it is perfect, a perfecto form.

The sound. I guess the sound will depend on the surface; this pen is like those watches that have a sound which do not disturb at all, on the contrary, it gives atmosphere, a pleasant one.

The rest can be a good story, let me keep writing… ;)

post-138051-0-96011000-1504268473.jpg

—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Nib F; Montblanc Midnight Blue ink]

post-138051-0-52001300-1504271008_thumb.jpg

Edited by herrmaag

~ herrmaag:

Thank you for an excellent post and handwriting sample.

Your Antoine de Saint-Exupéry F nib writes attractive strokes in your hand.

Your comments caused me to reflect, as they're meaningful yet to-thepoint.

It's great that you have such a fine pen for your future writing.

Tom K.

I recently watched the review Stephen B.R.E. Brown did on this pen and I'm so excited about this pen! I need to start saving!!

grantmm -

Me too! Thank you for sharing your picture and review. I have heard nothing but great things about this pen.

~ grantmm:

Your wonderful handwritten post above, with pen photo, would be a positive advertisement for Montblanc.

I admire your expressive description of the positive writing experience with your F nib Antoine de Saint-Exupéry pen.

That Julie's presence is acknowledged is especially pleasing. Having a faithful writing companion is a blessing.

Your post is what I most like. Thank you so much for uploading it for all of us to enjoy.

Tom K.

Edited by Tom Kellie

fpn_1504974591__img_4291.jpg

My Antoine de Saint-Exupéry OB nib came back today. Since I exchanged Shakespeare to OBB, this is the second time I try to write with an oblique nib.

Edited by mjchuang9

My Antoine de Saint-Exupéry OB nib came back today. Since I exchanged Shakespeare to OBB, this is the second time I try to write with an oblique nib.

~ mjchuang9:

Thank you for posting the image of the new OB nib.

I hope that you're enjoying using oblique nibs.

Tom K.

• 1 year later...

Warhammer57, I hope you're able to bring one of these special pens into your home in the near future :)

http://i.imgur.com/JTLUtdg.jpg?1

I finally got one about 3 weeks ago. It is awesome!