What Mbs Are You Using Today?

RMN

I'm using a pen I just received, the Montblanc Egyptomania Doue. It has a superb fine nib that has a light, airy feeling fairly similar to some vintage pens--I'm very impressed with the Heritage nibs I've tried. With Pelikan going to non-transparent stripes, I have been turning to Montblanc, and recently repurchased two pens I used to have, a 147 and the Rouge et Noir. Here's a pic of the current Montblancs inked sunbathing, minus one I am waiting for ;) 

IMG_9490.jpg

CB07823B-866F-44B0-9DB7-8749AD21E3A6.JPG

IMG_9431.jpg

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Andrew_L

• nishantdr83

• Baka1969

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/15/2023 at 11:32 PM, oregano said:

I'm using a pen I just received, the Montblanc Egyptomania Doue. It has a superb fine nib that has a light, airy feeling fairly similar to some vintage pens--I'm very impressed with the Heritage nibs I've tried. With Pelikan going to non-transparent stripes, I have been turning to Montblanc, and recently repurchased two pens I used to have, a 147 and the Rouge et Noir. Here's a pic of the current Montblancs inked sunbathing, minus one I am waiting for ;) 

IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_9431.jpg

Hi. It is a very nice matching...blue ink and pen telling egypt!

This is nice pen collection.

I remember once I tried Montblanc Egyptomania Doue. It is very beautifully  created peace.

And the nib was italic and it was on a high level in the price. I did not get it and I thought I'll think later on a day perhaps. 

I also have tried the calligraphy pen ( 149 )  and It did not feel great in my hand and I felt the samething towards the Pelican M1000 pen with his soft nib.  

You have to have a good understanding about how to use/ master them. I have seen the calligraphy pen thread and it is the best example  here.   

Thank you, ak47 and inkyways! I am glad that I got the Egyptomania, in case it becomes difficult to find in the future. I really like the softness of the heritage nibs. I haven’t had the chance to try the calligraphy pen yet!

On 7/15/2023 at 10:32 PM, oregano said:

IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_9431.jpg

Congratulations, that's a nice line up.

The Egyptomania seems to be laying down a heavy line for a fine nib?

1 hour ago, CS388 said:

Congratulations, that's a nice line up.

The Egyptomania seems to be laying down a heavy line for a fine nib?

Thanks! Yes, it is on the thick side for a fine nib. That Diamine ink is quite wet too. 

MB 139 broad nib to address thank you notes.  A YoL Grand Barley for writing the notes themselves.  Matched Shin Kai ink on Original Crown Mill Cream Laid cards.

Today and every day it's been the Montblanc 149 Calligraphy flex pen.  It's interesting how I can look at my journal back at the past days and weeks, and I can notice how certain days I was more agitated by the heavier bolder strokes, and other times much more light hearted with lighter hairline strokes.  It is such an expressive nib that can reflect emotions visible through the tension in my hand on a particular day.  That's why Montblanc also calls it an "expression nib", because it really is.  That's something you won't get with an overly soft wet noodle.  The 149C is vintage flex mated to modern practicality, genius! 

MB 149 Calligraphy Aug 1 2020.jpg

2 hours ago, max dog said:

Today and every day it's been the Montblanc 149 Calligraphy flex pen.  It's interesting how I can look at my journal back at the past days and weeks, and I can notice how certain days I was more agitated by the heavier bolder strokes, and other times much more light hearted with lighter hairline strokes.  It is such an expressive nib that can reflect emotions visible through the tension in my hand on a particular day.  That's why Montblanc also calls it an "expression nib", because it really is.  That's something you won't get with an overly soft wet noodle.  The 149C is vintage flex mated to modern practicality, genius! 

~ @max dog:

Your comment above is one of the most eloquent I've read in quite a spell.

Thank you for taking time to explain in words and a handwriting sample what your pen means to you.

A delightful post!

Tom K.

2 hours ago, Tom Kellie said:

~ @max dog:

Your comment above is one of the most eloquent I've read in quite a spell.

Thank you for taking time to explain in words and a handwriting sample what your pen means to you.

A delightful post!

Tom K.

Hi Tom!  How are you?  Thanks for the kind words.  It's always a delight to see and read your posts, and your beautiful pens here whenever I pop in.  :)

20 hours ago, max dog said:

MB 149 Calligraphy Aug 1 2020.jpg

I have had the same experience.

I agree with you

A wonderful nib!

• 5 weeks later...

I have only acquired this Montblanc 146 with <OM> nib a few months ago, but it has been my everyday go-to writing companion ever since. 

For the moment, it is inked with the simple Iroshizuku Take-Sumi (black) for simple, and/or day to day writing.

Love the feel of joy and elegance it brings me everytime I open up the cap, and let the tip glide on paper along with my hand’s movement. 

IMG_2807.jpeg

Love your pens.  How long does it take the inks you used to dry on the Tomoe paper?

Using both an MB medium and OB with different inks the lines stayed wet for quite a while.

10 minutes ago, kazoolaw said:

Love your pens.  How long does it take the inks you used to dry on the Tomoe paper?

Using both an MB medium and OB with different inks the lines stayed wet for quite a while.

I noticed that it was dry after almost 1 minute as the Pelikan ink was wet, the Robert Oster & Montblanc ink were dry after almost 2 minutes on the Tomoe River paper.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

On 8/30/2023 at 3:34 PM, AndyLogan said:

I think the pictures speak for itself.

IMG_0306.jpeg

IMG_0307.jpeg

IMG_0308.jpeg

Hi.it is a beautiful tris! Could you post a sample of writing of grimm and poe?

Thanks 🙏

Montblanc Heritage Rouge et Noir "Baby" Special Edition Ivory-colored FP & BP 

Meisterstück Selection 1-Pen Pouch Heritage Rouge et Noir Baby

They are my birthday present from my wife.

1.thumb.jpg.e459b4f9ea1edac67be049e3ac811899.jpg

4.JPG.d914c9be29fcd15f8afeea25e5bb7211.JPG

Comparison with Namiki Lacquer Vermilion No.50 (discontinued).

5.JPG.44bf71141ddcb8c70b3e409eeb2104f8.JPG

Please visit my website Modern Pelikan Pens for the latest information. It is updating and correcting original articles posted in "Dating Pelikan fountain Pen".

On 8/30/2023 at 2:48 AM, Ron_A said:

I have only acquired this Montblanc 146 with <OM> nib a few months ago, but it has been my everyday go-to writing companion ever since. 

For the moment, it is inked with the simple Iroshizuku Take-Sumi (black) for simple, and/or day to day writing.

Love the feel of joy and elegance it brings me everytime I open up the cap, and let the tip glide on paper along with my hand’s movement. 

IMG_2807.jpeg

~ @Ron_A: Thank you for posting the comment and image above.

What you've eloquently expressed is what I feel when writing with a Montblanc pen.

May your 146 continue to provide much writing pleasure.

Tom K.

On 9/2/2023 at 6:08 AM, ak47 said:

Hi.it is a beautiful tris! Could you post a sample of writing of grimm and poe?

Thanks 🙏

Hello ak47, the sample writing is already on the paper, I used the pens to write with.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Today I inked an MB Slimline lacquered blue with 14K nib. Loaded with Noodler's Polar Blue as I'm still trying to get the crust off it (bought it second-hand last June).

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.