• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've also been eyeing the 75th Edition, but in the 146 size specifically the Ltd. edition with rose gold and MoP star. Prices are a bit higher than I'm willing to spend when looking at eBay. I still have the 149 Protoype MoP star that Zaddick told me about earlier this year. Ended up grabbing that one from a European seller that the 2017 LA Pen show. Couldn't be happier, but want the 146 75th now to complete the collection. Is there a way to get one at a reasonable price these days?

Just pulled the trigger on a 75th Anniversary 149. OMG. I'm so excited!! Between this and the MB vintage music nib I'm done with my pen spending for the next decade!!!

Famous last words...B)

Those are fabulous pens.

I've also been eyeing the 75th Edition, but in the 146 size specifically the Ltd. edition with rose gold and MoP star. Prices are a bit higher than I'm willing to spend when looking at eBay. I still have the 149 Protoype MoP star that Zaddick told me about earlier this year. Ended up grabbing that one from a European seller that the 2017 LA Pen show. Couldn't be happier, but want the 146 75th now to complete the collection. Is there a way to get one at a reasonable price these days?

Have patience, browse regularly, know what you want to pay and then pounce. Worked for me when I wanted one. The patience I'd the hardest part for me. :)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Just pulled the trigger on a 75th Anniversary 149. OMG. I'm so excited!! Between this and the MB vintage music nib I'm done with my pen spending for the next decade!!!

Congratulations 🎉 That's a really special pen. Did you end up getting the Special edition or the Limited edition? Both are great. That nib is so fun to look at while using it.

And the no spending for a decade thing ... I told myself that last week. Then I bought another pen. Told myself it would be my last one for at least 2017. Then I bought yet another pen last night. The one from last week hasn't even arrived yet. So now I'm waiting for 2 pens in the mail. They will be my last pens until the 2018 LA pen show. I swear 😖

~ yeepers:

Hey, Hey, Hey!

You did it!

Enjoy!

Tom K.

Congratulations That's a really special pen. Did you end up getting the Special edition or the Limited edition? Both are great. That nib is so fun to look at while using it.

And the no spending for a decade thing ... I told myself that last week. Then I bought another pen. Told myself it would be my last one for at least 2017. Then I bought yet another pen last night. The one from last week hasn't even arrived yet. So now I'm waiting for 2 pens in the mail. They will be my last pens until the 2018 LA pen show. I swear

PSST... wanna buy a pen? :D

I got the LE. If I was going to do it I was getting the red gold and MOP star :) Best price I’m seeing on the 146 LEs is about 900 - $1100?

That vintage music nib is spectacular! Nice find.

A decade, however, seems slightly ambitious!

Enjoy.

Congratulations. Where did you end up finding one in your range?

Off eBay. One popped up with a Best Offer option and I managed to dicker down to a price that was probably a bit higher than what I should have paid but at this point didn't think I was going to find one for much less and I'm just too impatient to try to wait it out. It was at the upper range of my budget for that pen but considerably less than what I'd mentioned in our discussion :)

Off eBay. One popped up with a Best Offer option and I managed to dicker down to a price that was probably a bit higher than what I should have paid but at this point didn't think I was going to find one for much less and I'm just too impatient to try to wait it out. It was at the upper range of my budget for that pen but considerably less than what I'd mentioned in our discussion :)

Excellent. You'll soon forget the few extra dollars spent and have plenty of time to enjoy the pen. Please post some photos when time permits!

Excellent. You'll soon forget the few extra dollars spent and have plenty of time to enjoy the pen. Please post some photos when time permits!

I most certainly will! Should have it in hand by the weekend (I hope!). This pen along with the music nib and the O3B are going to become the trifecta :D I wonder what I'll do with all my other pens. Time to cull the herd.....

Have patience, browse regularly, know what you want to pay and then pounce. Worked for me when I wanted one. The patience I'd the hardest part for me. :)

That's great advice :-)

After establishing on here that the Voltaire WE had brass piston threads (my preference) I made an offer on one on eBay and managed to get it at a good price (IMHO.) The pictures weren't great, but I'm willing to wait and see what I get. :D

After establishing on here that the Voltaire WE had brass piston threads (my preference) I made an offer on one on eBay and managed to get it at a good price (IMHO.) The pictures weren't great, but I'm willing to wait and see what I get. :D

Congratulations. Let's hope it exceeds expectations.

I tired of my phone causing double posts. Sigh

Edited by zaddick