What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock?

camoandconcrete

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrCodfish

• sargetalon

• christof

• konis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just literally bought the pen of my dreams...The Pelikan Lighthouse of Alexandria.

When it does arrive, I intend to post a review with pics. I am beyond excited!

I can't imagine that they ever sell only one pen for these prices...

c.

I have noticed when I look at Ebay offerings that they usually have the same pens available as the last time I looked.

I just literally bought the pen of my dreams...The Pelikan Lighthouse of Alexandria.

When it does arrive, I intend to post a review with pics. I am beyond excited!

Oh! What an exiting news! Please do the report as soon as you can!!!

Congrats!

Oh! What an exiting news! Please do the report as soon as you can!!!

Congrats!

Thank you!! It will probably first be in January as it won´t be opened before Christmas night :) I just did not expect to buy it now so it was such a surprise, but found it half price from a lovely shop and I could simply not say no. It was really destined to be mine hehe

I can´t wait to see it and try it, also the famed "M100" size nib which I hear is super soft :)

2nd most recent - 3 Jinhao's x450's.

Less than 9.00 USD delivered for the set.

They work really well.

I am happy.

Using Parker Quink Black ink.

The jury is still out on the Hero ink that I tried.

The Hero ink *may* have not worked because of the green ink (see below) or from interactions with the Parker ink - not sure.

One problem - I put the wrong kind of ink in one of the and it was a chore to get it working right after that.

Green ink it was apparently not for fountain pens.

Jody

Newest pen: From an antique store grab bag, an Esterbrook.

$1.00 usd.

Also picked up a Case knife for $1.00 and a broken fountain pen for $1.00.

I am not yet sure if the knife is the same "case" brand that I am hoping it is.

Inked the Esterbrook and it writes.

It has a fine point the digs into the paper a bit, and I did not like is as much as my Jinhao.

Gave it to my kids who seemed intrigued by a free pen.

Jody

It's been a while since i last posted a new pen. The oldest new pen is the M101n Lizard with a .28 EF nib. After that came an 100N OB and the 100N fluted cap with a medium CN nib. Next were the M250 F and the M200 EF. The newest pen of the bunch is the M101N Red Tortoise EF. The M101n brown tortoise is there for color.

I have to admit that i was pleasantly surprised to find that the nib on Red Tortoise is not as hard as the nibs on the previous two M101n's!

post-18777-0-50210100-1417164668_thumb.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

M1000 came in the mail today. :)

http://i57.tinypic.com/b8wx9i.jpghttp://i62.tinypic.com/mbjxw2.jpg

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

A M400 fine White Tortoise. Smooth, like all of the Pelikans. I am surprised that it took this long to order one.

My sumgai Pelikan M605 black/silver in EF arrived today. Crazy auction win for under $130 brand new. I thought there was no way it'd end that low, but it did. :D

Nib shot with Sailor Shigure

http://i.imgur.com/UYZLK82.jpg

Birds of a feather...

http://i.imgur.com/OZmP3fJ.jpg

Edited by maverick777

I started to collect vintage Pelikan pens and ephemera two years ago. I am not a serious collector. I just like the designs, the history, and having representative examples … some that i can match with ephemera.

I have been fortunate enough to get this rolled-gold 500, rolled gold pencil, and case which will complement an original introductory pamphlet on the introduction of the 400 line. I had the green and tortoise sets.

http://s271.photobucket.com/user/dick168/media/_57-1_zps9db13c84.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I'll put it all together for a picture after the new members of the flock arrive.

Dick

Edited by Dickkooty2

Sorry there was supposed to be a photo there, for some reason I can't get it uploaded from my IPad.

Can anyone help?