What Pencil Are You Using Today?

fluctuations

13 hours ago, lectraplayer said:

I swear. People will steal anything that isn't nailed down. :3

That said, stolen writing implements are probably about as common as rocks in the river.

😎

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatline

• Zookie

• lovemy51

• a m a r g o

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My go to is GraphGear 1000. I ended up giving 5 away to coworkers after finding a good deal from a office depot going out of business. 

I accidentally posted about a pen here. I do need to try the Levenger True Writer Starry Night mechanical pencil. 

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted here in, oh, about three years, although I do visit from time to time to read things.  On a whim, since I use a lot of pencils, thought I'd post in this thread.

For drawing, mostly a vintage Eagle 314 draughting pencil.  That's about a two inch stub in the extender.  Almost time to break out another one.  I have about three dozen unused ones, which should last me quite a while.  They're getting too expensive to buy more unless I get lucky at a yard sale.

For writing, mostly the old Parker 0.9 mm pencil you see, although I also have this little no name 1.1 mm one.

Pencils_resized.jpg

Edited by ISW_Kaputnik
Error correction

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

I often get mechanical pencils when I buy fountain pen lots from eBay.  Normally, I group them together and re-sell them.   I do like the Sheaffer "Pearlies" and my husband does too, so they go straight to his desk.  However, this is what I got today and I like it enough to keep!  Is this common?  I've never seen one before.

That's a picture of the Sheaffer Pen Co. headquarters in Fort Madison, Iowa!pencil.thumb.jpg.bce2d1e4fd04109088dfef7e3693da80.jpg

On 5/10/2024 at 8:57 PM, ParramattaPaul said:

Did you not have access to the 'U.S. Government' stamped dual end mechanical pencils I know are/were issued to FAA air traffic controllers?  The one I . . . um . . . procured worked well.

I did, but the lead was too thick. On some of the charts we used, that lead would give a line about 5 miles wide. Still liked the 0.5s.  I did have a couple of the red/black mechanical pencils the maintainers used. One of them had blue and red lead for when we reconstructed a mission. Had a piece of blue electrical tape on it to let me know it was blue lead. Still have them around here someplace. 

1 hour ago, psimpson130 said:

On some of the charts we used, that lead would give a line about 5 miles wide.

Not your typical low altitude sectional or high-altitude charts then?