Montblanc Alfred Hitchcock

A1979

So, who is the lucky owner of that pen?!?

I like the "grey" version, but it's unfortunately out of my pen-budget...

http://morastylos.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/l/alfred.jpg

(Mora stylos)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wael El-Dasher

• PBW

• A1979

• NeelsK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too anticipate someone to review this pen, been seeing around some of the local boutiques but way out of my reach. It was not as large as I had anticipated and looks understated enough to be used as an everyday pen.

My link

Life is like Chinatown signage, its cluttering, confusing but everything that you need is there, just have to look harder....

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/sidestreaker/lifestyle/logo.jpg

My BB nib Hitchcock has been returned. The cap cannot post,and fortunately I do not post my pen. But it would be a little bit shorter for me. The Hitchcock write in a rapid and precise style,unlike Gandhi in an elegant and relax style.

The Hitchcock write in a rapid and precise style,unlike Gandhi in an elegant and relax style.

Thanks for the "minireview" ;)

Edited by A1979

Mine is on the way. No idea if a review will be coming though.

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision." - Ayn Rand

I may be getting older, but I REFUSE to GROW UP!

Mine is on the way. No idea if a review will be coming though.

... at least a couple of pictures, I hope. ;)

the price really kicks me hard everytime I am going to pay. :unsure:

Could you imagine spending $27,700 on the Limited Edition 80 version?! Now that's a kick!

Could you imagine spending $27,700 on the Limited Edition 80 version?! Now that's a kick!

I will regard this as a heavy blow! :lol:

Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men.../JFK

Mine is here but still in the shrink wrap package. I will most likely open it tonight and take pictures along the way. This will be my most expensive pen yet. My wife really wanted the red one but could not pull the trigger on the price tag.

The friend who picked it up for me asked if I bought a lot of stuff from the store because they were very nice to him and wanted to make sure I got everything. Considering I have only been in to that boutique about 3-4 times they know my wife and I by name when we walk in. Even after a few months between visits. It's the Dadeland mall store if anyone is wondering, and Douglas is always extremely helpful when I am there or on the phone.

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision." - Ayn Rand

My BB nib Hitchcock has been returned. The cap cannot post,and fortunately I do not post my pen. But it would be a little bit shorter for me. The Hitchcock write in a rapid and precise style,unlike Gandhi in an elegant and relax style.

You are a man of wealth and extremely good taste :notworthy1:

I so wanted to get this pen but the price is just too much to handle.

Glad that you got a BB nib!! Please do show us some writing samples... The cap cannot post? Quite surprised although it doesn't bother me anyways as I don't post my pens.

Mine is here but still in the shrink wrap package. I will most likely open it tonight and take pictures along the way. This will be my most expensive pen yet. My wife really wanted the red one but could not pull the trigger on the price tag.

The friend who picked it up for me asked if I bought a lot of stuff from the store because they were very nice to him and wanted to make sure I got everything. Considering I have only been in to that boutique about 3-4 times they know my wife and I by name when we walk in. Even after a few months between visits. It's the Dadeland mall store if anyone is wondering, and Douglas is always extremely helpful when I am there or on the phone.

You, too , sir are a man of great taste and wealth.... May I ask if you get a discount on expensive pens like these in their boutiques?

This pen is just too beautiful in my eyes! Congrats and enjoy the pen!

I did not get any discount at the boutique but I would imagine some of the authorized retailers may give a discount.

They did throw in a couple of notepads, a cleaner for cartridge pens(of which I have none from Montblanc, yet), and a bottle if ink.

So close ... so close. I stood with it in my hand. I had my credit card in the other. Then my brain kicked in ... ptoooie on you brain. It said I could buy TWO pens for the price of the Hitchcock. Stupid me listened. So I walked out with the Solitair Barley Sterling silver. My brain owes me another pen. Maybe next month I can fool it and STILL buy the hitchcock. A VERY nice pens, so congratulations on your new acquisition :notworthy1:

I was allowed to hold the Hitchcock at my local MB boutique the day it was launched here in my country. What surprised me was the weight - it was quite heavy, even for me who likes a bit of heft or chunk in my pens. It's heavier than the Gandhi and the Elizabeth. I find that people are quite split on the aesthetic of this pen - some call it a quiet beauty and love the clip knife, others feel it does not do this great filmmaker justice. But one thing's for sure, don't judge it unless you've seen it at the stores with your own eyes - photographs on the net and even on the MB website are not a true reflection of the pen's look. Just as with the Gaius Maecenas - which is gorgeous in real life, but bland in photographs.

What you resist persists, what you fight you strengthen.

It's the price of a good used car.

Ridiculously expensive... Either you are crazy, or you are simply too rich! ;-)

I will regard this as a heavy blow! :lol:

:roflmho:

I held the pen, and the cap is another boat anchor that will never find its way into my collection, at least not on my dime!

However, I picked up Hitchcock's ink today. It is bloody. I put it into an Omas Paragon that was ready and waiting for the morbid brew. I like it; I wonder if that's a sign of a character defect?

Fred

Edited by FredRydr