• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skybird

• pajaro

• Mille

• BKH

I have five daily users that are kept in the rotation; a Parker 45 Flighter, a Parker 51, a Sheaffer No Nonsense, a Pilot Pocket and a Lamy Safari. But yes, when I'm using paper to write down things, I make sure it's a fountain pen that's doing the writing. Use your pens frequently and treat them well - only way to enjoy your hobby IMHO.

Best,

Rahul

http://oi44.tinypic.com/30vg3eo.jpg

Follow at @rg1283 and http://bluecabbage.blogspot.com

I write mostly with Parker 51s. Lately, I've gotten down to one particular midnight blue aero, octanium nib, Penman Sapphire ink. NOt intentionally, b ut I just seem to have grab that one every day when I leave for work. (Note: nib from Ernesto, swapped in by Tom "Old Griz" Mullane, since I runined about half of the P51 hoods I tried to remove. The octanium nib has a lot of tip.)

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

I use a fountain pen because I use a pen almost every day.

It makes my life a bit easier, as it were.

One thing I dont get is people afraid to wreck a 400 dollar pen when they carry around an iphone which costs about 700 dollars when you add in all of it's associated costs.

I don't like the gigantor pens with tons of gold either. The only gold I want is on the nib.

Or they are so precious and delicate that you just put them in a safe place or a pen holder just to admire.

Sometimes it is better to use a cheap disposable bp because of the risk a (more expensive) fp will be stolen, will be vandalised or will be lost.

I use a FP 99% of the time. All my pens are users.

absolutely, couldn't say it better.

Ditto.

Montblanc / Pelikan / Sailor / Pilot / Lamy / Cross / Parker

Sometimes it is better to use a cheap disposable bp because of the risk a (more expensive) fp will be stolen, will be vandalised or will be lost.

I'm sure that you wear a cheap watch, use a cheap pen and drive a cheap car because you wouldn't want to wear, use or drive anything that was worth anything for fear that it might be damaged or lost.

Must be an aweful way to live, in fear all the time. Not really much point in owning anything above bottom grade if you are too scared to actually use them, is there? :rolleyes:

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp

https://www.rhodoworld.com/fountain-pens.html

Sometimes it is better to use a cheap disposable bp because of the risk a (more expensive) fp will be stolen, will be vandalized or will be lost.

I'm sure that you wear a cheap watch, use a cheap pen and drive a cheap car because you wouldn't want to wear, use or drive anything that was worth anything for fear that it might be damaged or lost.

Must be an aweful way to live, in fear all the time. Not really much point in owning anything above bottom grade if you are too scared to actually use them, is there? :rolleyes:

That was a little harsh!

mr. T said "sometimes" and you turned it into "in fear all the time"!

There are times when I do use very expensive pens, and times when I choose to leave those pens home safe and on display.

Just as there are times when I leave my new car home and drive the old one with 110,000 miles on it.

All three of my Sonnets have had regular usage. Don't use them any more but that is only because I have other pens which I prefer to write with.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

I exclusively use fountain pens. Once, I forgot my pens at home and I was stuck borrowing a couple ball points. I immediately notice the extra pressure I need to apply to the ball point to write. Ball points are just too slippery for me, and so my handwriting looks like chicken scratch. I also love the expressivitivity (I think I just made a new word) of a fountain pen.

Every day. Why have them if you're not going to use them?

A man is not old until his regrets take the place of his dreams - Yiddish Proverb

Dum spiro, spero

I'm pretty new to collecting pens, but I have always enjoyed writing with fountain pens - ever since school, I think. So, I have a small collection of vintage and modern pens, with a particular bent towards Parker, and I try to rotate them so they're all used at some time or the other. The only exceptions are very delicate and old ones (I have a couple of those), and I also have a couple of limited edition pens that I collect and admire, but might sell on one day - they're uninked. Having said that, the most expensive pen I own - an S T Dupont Andalusia - I inked straight away and use most days! The summary of all this is that I use fountain pens whenever I can...

• 7 months later...

Yes, I use my fountain pens, some more than others. I like to take fountain pens with me everywhere but honestly, if it is something really important like a big meeting or conference, I always have a backup biro with me just in case the fountain pen acts up, it does happen sometimes you know! :roflmho:

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb345/Andybiotics/Writing%20Samples/P1020494j-1reversedcolour.jpg

Yes.

When I'm not using a computer :headsmack:

If only I could write everything for work with a pen, instead of typing.

I'm still waiting for the FPN forum to start using handwritten messages instead of type.

Fountain pens ~ a stream of consciousness flowing effortless onto paper.

I'm new in the world of fountain pens but I use them every single day (they replaced my roller balls)!

I have a vintage ('44) Parker 51 on the way and it will also be used daily.

François (Frank) P.

Currently inked: Parker 51/Quink Blue-Black; TWSBI 580 1.1mm/Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses.