The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Conid Delivery Time

conid delivery

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Betweenthelines

Betweenthelines

The road goes ever on and on..

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 17:09

Yes Johan is on vacation until August 27th and he is in charge of nibs.

Sponsored Content

#62 oldrifleman

oldrifleman

Extremely Rare

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 17:38

Isn't most of Europe on their August vacation?

Yes they are on vacation along with almost every other industrial company in Europe! Does every item from every company deliver perfectly, never happens! The thing that makes the difference is how the company deals with it. I have had nothing but a great experience with Conid! Yes there was an issue on one pen and they were over the top apologetic about it and worked to solve it!  

I do not have a problem with someone providing a review, that is the service that should happen in an open society. I also expect them to also report back what the company does to resolve the issues. 

#63 oldrifleman

oldrifleman

Extremely Rare

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 17:40

I feel I must jump in and give a little support to Conid. I have been a customer since the very first Bulkfiller in 2012, and have a small army of Conids that get an unrepresentatively large workload. I still believe, after seven years, that they are the best engineered, best manufactured, and most abusable pens ever made. Having met Werner, Johan and Francis on numerous occasions, I must also reiterate what outstanding gentlemen they are, and note how they have gone above and beyond for me, and many others over the years.

That said, a bit of context is probably necessary for those grumbling about the current state of affairs. Conid was born from passion by Werner as a weekend project using the tools of his (very large) machining company. After Francis invented the Bulkfiller, the sheer success of the project took them all by surprise, and though the quality of their pens suggests that they are a massive company, the whole shebang was pretty much run by a handful of people on their days off. I know that they were struggling to grow, and would not compromise their exacting quality, and that as a result there were backlogs to fulfil orders. Werner's main business was also doing too well - rich man's problems, to be sure, but it is unfair to expect a small business (producing such astonishing products) to function with the greased gears of the big boys many multiples of their size.

Understand that they are a small outfit. Have patience. Contact them directly if you can, and rest assured that their integrity will make everything right. 

Nicely said! I also have a small stable of Conids and at least one is ALWAYS inked and in rotation. I eagerly await their next offerings!

#64 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 18:45

I bought my bulk filler from CONID at the London Pen Show 2 years ago and had my nib (a steel fine) tuned by Johann. It is probably the best writing nib I have. No delivery delay (sorry to rub it in). Unfortunately it appears CONID no longer attend the London Pen Show. I hope that changes as I would like to buy another pen with a tuned nib in person......

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conid, delivery

Sponsored Content

|