The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Conid Kingsize #8 Compatible Nibs ?

conid #8 nibs

12 replies to this topic

#1 frogbaby

frogbaby

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2019 - 17:38

can anyone give me a heads up as to what gold #8 nibs people have swapped into their conid kingsize with a high level of compatibility ?

thinking of buying a kingsize and wonder if there are options for nib swapping with this particular model ?

Sponsored Content

#2 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,303 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2019 - 18:07

The default is Bock #8 nibs so they should all fit without much of any issue. If you buy an adapter collar from flexible nib factory your can use nibs from an MB 149 or Sailor KOP. This saves trying to modify the feed and collar to work properly.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#3 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

there is no spoon.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 18:21

Bock Titanium!

I have a strong memory of reading a post about a person who had Flexible Nib Factory make a custom made #8 housing to fit #6 nibs to fit Conid Kingsize. More fun for less $

FNF also makes custom Bock housings for MB 149 and Sailor KOP to fit the Kingsize. (zaddick beat me to it)

It is my understanding that Waterman Emblem will fit.

Maybe Onoto #7? (8.4mm wide)

nibs.com has a couple of Weidlich #8s

Edited by Karmachanic, 08 July 2019 - 18:23.

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

#4 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

there is no spoon.

• Member - Gold

• 3,062 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 18:22

double post

Edited by Karmachanic, 08 July 2019 - 18:23.

#5 frogbaby

frogbaby

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:40

fnf is a great find thank you both ... when you guys say kop is there anywhere on the planet that you can buy sailor nibs without the pens ?

#6 IvanChichikov

IvanChichikov

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 00:22

Being located in the US, what are the best options to buy Bock 8 nibs or other replacement nibs? Ive only been able to find Appelboom carrying a m1000 nib (which j believe should fit in the standard bock 380 housing/feed unit ) and FP Nibs with Bock style 380 nib and housing units (are these actually Bock nibs?), and Beaufort ink has some Bock 380 nibs.

Any suggestions or recent experience with these?

#7 SpecTP

SpecTP

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:33

you can buy a spare nib from Conid.

#8 IvanChichikov

IvanChichikov

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 13:00

you can buy a spare nib from Conid.

Their website indicates that spare nibs cant be ordered from them at this time.

Edited by IvanChichikov, 29 January 2020 - 13:00.

#9 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

there is no spoon.

• Member - Gold

• 3,062 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 13:35

Being located in the US, what are the best options to buy Bock 8 nibs or other replacement nibs? Ive only been able to find Appelboom carrying a m1000 nib (which j believe should fit in the standard bock 380 housing/feed unit ) and FP Nibs with Bock style 380 nib and housing units (are these actually Bock nibs?), and Beaufort ink has some Bock 380 nibs.

Any suggestions or recent experience with these?

I have purchased several Bock nibs from Beaufort without issue. A Bock Ti 0.6 stub is on it's way from FPNibs; one of several that Pablo has ground for me.

#10 SpecTP

SpecTP

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,120 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2020 - 16:35

I have purchased several Bock nibs from Beaufort without issue. A Bock Ti 0.6 stub is on it's way from FPNibs; one of several that Pablo has ground for me.

I've also purchased some nibs from them. Not for my Conid but for other pens. No issue having them shipped to the US. https://www.beaufort...-nibs-type-380/

#11 DonM

DonM

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2020 - 17:22

I've purchased several #6 nibs from Beaufort Ink, and they do list both gold and titanium in #8.  Excellent service.

#12 IvanChichikov

IvanChichikov

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:48

Well, waiting on a broad m1000 nib that I might have stubbed. I see BB on the horizon.

#13 Bill Wood

Bill Wood

Bill Wood

• Member - Gold

• 1,417 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2020 - 19:40

I've also purchased some nibs from them. Not for my Conid but for other pens. No issue having them shipped to the US. https://www.beaufort...-nibs-type-380/

Beaufort customer as well. I've tried thru Conid a few months ago and it sounds like theyre very busy.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conid, #8, nibs

Sponsored Content

|