The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

My First 51 Experience

1955 parker 51 pencil box

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,843 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:23

I have a number of P51's [ both types ] One has grown on me, I though that I would not like a M nib. Well it's a nice writer [ daily writer ].

To inkstainedruth [ if you read this ] We are tied on the $2  P51 find. [ I found 3 P51's for $2 each [ 2 Vac's & 1 Aero ] back in 2016 summer ]  Try to beat me on the $10 cordovan brown Vac desk set. :D

Ken

OMG.  You're KILLING me here.... 

I'm not big on desk sets (or sets at all for the most part), and I'm still trying to make up my mind if I actually *like* Cordovan Brown or not (mostly it's "the one that got away.." in that I saw one on eBay several years ago, asked all the fight questions and every time the seller said "Let me check with the original owner and get back to you"; had a lovely rapport going with the seller == and then I got SNIPED with seconds to go and I couldn't react fast enough :wallbash: ).  But still....  :headsmack: 

Although the guy who just said in another thread that he got what sounds like a Forest Green Aero with a Parker 21 cap on it for I think 50¢ may have us both beat....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sponsored Content

#42 BlueJ

BlueJ

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:36

I just now have my first Parker 51:

England-Made Vac, black with gold-filled or plated cap (not sure how to tell the difference) and M nib reground to Butter Line Stub by Pendleton Brown. It is very impressive for ergonomic comfort and form-follows-function elegance!

#43 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,493 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2019 - 15:06

I have a few vacs, and some need repair, but they are interesting to use.  I have especially enjoyed using a demi vac with a medium nib.  With the same circumference as a regular 51, it has an intriguing and nice feel.  I have been enjoying this pen now for several years.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1955, parker 51, pencil, box

Sponsored Content

|