Meisterstück Solitaire Blue Hour Legrand Rollerball Real Or Fake?

skwiecinski

Hello everyone.

I am new to this, and am not a Montblanc expert. I was given a Meisterstück Solitaire Blue Hour LeGrand Rollerball in summer 2016 by a family friend. It came in a Montblanc leather pouch but no paperwork. Since then i've just had the pen in the pouch in my desk drawer and only recently have taken it out to sell. To my shock and horror I discovered just how many fakes are being sold out there. Now without the paperwork and without taking the pen to Montblanc, which I haven't yet done, I have no way of knowing if mine is a fake, and I really dont want to advertise this pen for sale if it's fake. I am not in the business of ripping people off. So this is why i'm here. I was wondering if anyone who knows about Montblancs could help me verify the authenticity of my pen? I hope the pictures are good enough.

Si

I've done a bit of research online and these are the details I've noticed on my pen that make me think its real, although so many fakes are so well made and are taken for genuine Montblancs that I certainly cannot say for certain if I have a replica or not just based on that. Before selling I want to be 100% sure :

Serial number on the clip band starting with MB. It consists of 5 letters and 2 numbers.

There is an engraving on the inside of the clip which says "Made in Germany" and below that "Metal". I thought so far so good.

I started panicking when I read recent pens also have Pix engraved somewhere. I looked everywhere and mine doesn't. However I then came across a thread on this website and someone mentions MB has even more recently stopped doing that.

"Also many MB pens made more recently actually do NOT have the Pix trademark anywhere"

Link to the thread :

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/252939-questionable-under-clip-engraving-on-a-new-mont-blanc-starwalker-resin-fineliner/

I saw a video where a fake and a genuine pen were compared, and when they were both unscrewed the cartridge in the fake fell out whereas the real pen had the cartridge screwed into the top. Which is what mine does. I hope I've described that properly.

To me the pen feels pretty heavy, but that is probably just because I'm used to writing with BICS! ( I feel like I'm being blasphemous by mentioning BIC in a thread about Montblancs-apologies)

The engraving around the main body of the pen says Montblanc - Meisterstück each letter has a diagonal lined pattern engraved.

I haven't done the shining light test yet but will do when I can.

If anyone would be kind enough to give me their opinion, either way, I'd love to know more about my pen!

Thank you!

S.K

post-142257-0-67965100-1521221835_thumb.png

post-142257-0-15168200-1521221937_thumb.png

post-142257-0-21673800-1521221964_thumb.png

post-142257-0-89383500-1521222725_thumb.png

Edited by skwiecinski

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skwiecinski

• orangesam

• horationelson

• Cordovian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The shining light test won't work on that pen, not least because it's not made of the precious resin that you get on more classic (i.e. black) MB pens.

I was on the mobile version of this website which doesn't have the photo attachment option. I've just selected full version and have managed to upload images. Hope this helps.

Thanks for letting me know about the light test! I read so much about this that I just assumed it was valid for all Montblanc pens. I appreciate all the tips and valuable bits of information I get!

S.K

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like a Classique rather than a Legrand size. But apart from that it looks the real deal.

Do you have a copy of the warranty booklet and is it stamped/dated by an authorised dealer?

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society"......Mark Twain

Dare I ask if you have a picture of the pen pouch it came in?

Whether it has the word "Pix" on there or not doesn't matter at all.