The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Diamine Nib Cleaning Solution

diamine nib cleaning solution

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 asegier

asegier

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 19:16

Has anyone ever purchased or used this?  I was looking at this product and was curious whether it was safe for the rest of the barrel as well.  Or why it was marketed as only for the nib and feed...?

Was also curious about the viability of this cleaning solution for vintage pens (thinking of using it on Montblanc 22/24/31/342/Monte Rosa)

Edited by asegier, 30 April 2017 - 19:30.

Sponsored Content

#2 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:17

I don't have a reply, but bought some and also wondered this ....

I've also got a bottle of J. Herbin pen cleaner, which worked wonders on one pen but others have needed several flushes.

Is there much difference between the two products?

#3 sandy101

sandy101

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2017 - 20:41

Probably recommended for nib and fed only because the other parts o fhte pen could be madeof plastic, metal, woo or celluloid - or ny other material. So it is safer to say - don'tuse it on these parts rather than list all the possible combinations of pen materials.

#4 Rose Nibs

Rose Nibs

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:31

sandy, your keyboard is failing you. Use a fountain pen.

#5 EHV

EHV

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:51

I've never seen this one.          Do you have the ingredients list for this?  

I'm wondering if it's the same as the other pen flushes, ie: distilled water, ammonia, surfactant and sometimes a tiny bit of alcohol.  ??? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine, nib, cleaning, solution

Sponsored Content

|