Show Off Your Esterbrooks!

Inga

Bruce & Dale - The pens get better as this thread grows. The copper J with the real copper jewels is stunning! I also have a soft spot for Bandless Esterbrooks.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gweimer1

• OcalaFlGuy

• amberleadavis

• NobleDel

Looking great!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I really love those two gray ones. I'm going to have to get my camera out and shoot my little collection. I also need to fix my wireless router at home. I have no computer from home at the moment. :(

I really love those two gray ones. I'm going to have to get my camera out and shoot my little collection. I also need to fix my wireless router at home. I have no computer from home at the moment. :(

Don't shoot!!!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

This bandless was one of the first Esties I purchased. I wasn't too happy when I received it as I thought the cap band was missing. The seller hadn't described it as such and the pics were blurry - I just wanted a blue Dollar and this was an impulse buy :) . It appeared to have been lightly used and cleaned up nicely with no plating loss or pitting to the clip & lever and has a crisp, deep imprint. After learning about the years of production, I searched for a period-correct nib. I could only find an 8668 that I discovered had some serious issues. About a year later, I located a NOS 8968 broad nib and it has since been my everyday carry.

fpn_1422125638__dsc00127.jpg

Edited by bluefish65

Here's my little collection of keepers. There have been a couple that have been really difficult to let go of - notably a gorgeous deep red J (to ScienceChick), and a nice copper Dollar B (to jdllizard).

fpn_1422130367__p1241847.jpg

Very nice Dollar pens bluefish65 and gweimer1 !!!

Here are a couple of Visumasters I gave my girlfriend for Christmas.

The copper does not have a clear section. According to Anderson's Esterbrook dot net site this pen is correct. (Not all Visumasters had clear sections). You can't see the cap very well in the photo, but it has a three ribbed jewel. I'm not sure if the nib is correct for this pen though.

post-88273-0-25174800-1422138506_thumb.jpg

post-88273-0-02914600-1422138578_thumb.jpg

post-88273-0-10273000-1422139168_thumb.jpg

Edited by NobleDel

OK, full disclosure: I don't collect Esterbrooks. These are just pens I've acquired when buying mixed lots of pens or, on occasion, when I see one on offer for reasonable money. I just throw them in this box when I get them.

I don't believe I have ever paid more than seven bucks for one.

Best,

Daniel

post-36832-0-64138800-1422233185_thumb.jpg

And I can't even get one :(

Anyway, c'mon, lets have some love for my #442 (incidentally I think that was the best photo I have ever taken in my entire life)>

Yikes! While looking for some Sheaffer parts, I found another box of these things....

I should start to get rid of them, I suppose.

Best,

Daniel

post-36832-0-22526200-1422306005_thumb.jpg

Yikes! While looking for some Sheaffer parts, I found another box of these things....

Best,

Daniel

For a guy who claims not to collect them, you seem to outnumber some of us who do. B)

Best,

Daniel

Wow

For a guy who claims not to collect them, you seem to outnumber some of us who do. B)

Indeed. I certainly don't seek them out, and I keep only two inked, although I seldom use them.

Of course, they could all oh-so-easily be yours and part of a proper collection!

Best,

Daniel

Indeed. I certainly don't seek them out, and I keep only two inked, although I seldom use them.

Of course, they could all oh-so-easily be yours and part of a proper collection!

Best,

Daniel

Dangling that temptation out in front of the addicts, are we? :rolleyes:

OK, full disclosure: I don't collect Esterbrooks. These are just pens I've acquired when buying mixed lots of pens or, on occasion, when I see one on offer for reasonable money. I just throw them in this box when I get them.

I don't believe I have ever paid more than seven bucks for one.

Best,

Daniel

That Blue Dollar Esty is calling my name! :-)

John L

That Blue Dollar Esty is calling my name! :-)