Pay It Forward 2013

zoniguana

post-156-0-18436100-1364822760.jpg

Congratulations to LeoSun!

I had 9 interested people, the Random Number Generator picked number 7 - LeoSun just got a PM for address details :)

(Thanks for playing to the others!)

Congratulations LeoSun.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• Harlequin

• mhguda

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats LeoSun!!

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie to fountain pens and to the FPN and this is my FIRST PIF, however, I have already been the recipient of a PIF and I wanted to pay it forward myself as soon as possible. I saw the PIF listed recently by Craig Forsyth and I thought it was a wonderful idea to make a pen holder! Since I am new I didn't have much to offer in the way of a pen, so I thought a homemade pen holder would be the perfect idea.

As you can see it's nothing spectacular, especially since my sewing machine and I had a falling out during its making, but it is useful and soft. It can hold three pens and there is also a slightly larger space for things such as ink cartridges or converters. Additionally, it has a Velcro closure.

This PIF is open worldwide and all I ask is for anyone interested to PM me; please tell me why you would be the best new owner of this PIF, along with your age and location. I will be drawing the winner within the next two weeks.

Thank you to all on the FPN for the wonderful generosity! I am glad I can now be a part of it.

And the winner is...drumroll please...mmkoenecke! :bunny01: Congrats and thank you to everyone that entered; as my collection grows I hope to be offering another PIF in the future.

~A PM has been sent to mmkoenecke.

Thanks again, OldFashionedScript!

Here is the case in action:

post-90233-0-03812200-1365379464.jpg

post-90233-0-14340600-1365379612.jpg

Thanks, I really like it and it seems very well made. Plus, it's soft!

Alrighty!

I have been quite busy with work and school (not that I'm not still :P) but I've been thinking about what I'd like to PIF. I'm still a college student and thus have a rather limited budget but after all my first fountain pen was a gift and I love the idea of spreading the wonders of fountain pens so I'd like to pass something on. So, here it is:

Two sample from my ink collection, along with a Hero 616 XF pen. The options for ink are:

Noodler's Black

Noodelr's Blue

Noodler's Apache Sunset

Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher

Noodelr's Inspired Blue (Formerly South Sea Blue)

Noodler's Bernanke Blue

Noodler's Bernanke Black

Private Reserve Blue Suede

Lamy Blue

(Noodler's Bernanke inks have been filled, a few words written, then returned to vial. Just don't fit my style, but definitely fit the description of drying super fast. The rest will be taken from my bottles.)

I would like these to go to someone relatively new to fountain pens and bottled inks. I am not going to specify the requirements for this, so use your own judgment on this.

PM your entry, including your current favorite pen, as well as your dream pen. Also include the two inks you would like if you win.

I will draw this next Friday, April 12th.

-Jeremy

I plug things in, I push buttons, and I pick things up and put them down in different places. And when I have a chance I write things down!

In the spirit of PIF, anyone coming to the SF Bay area that wants to have a Pen Posse in their honor should contact one of us here. You can select a gift from the Pen Posse ink box. Heck you can have the entire box if you want it. If you haven't seen the box it is usually full of all sorts of pen related items and other interesting things from around the world-right now there is even a shirt in there...

FarmBoy keeper of the box.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

For what it's worth, I think these posts should be made in the Community Feedback thread here. If they are posted in the appropriate place, they are more likely to be read by admin/moderators.

PS: I apologize for the link pointing to duplicate content.

Peacock blue, red and jet black Sheaffer skrip cats. These are from a calligraphy kit. They have very little ink in them although they have never been used. I have more of these carts than I will use. Taking applications till midnight Fri. and will use random.org to pick. Please PM me.

Peace and Understanding

Bank Holiday PIF!!

Black Parker Frontier

fpn_1362964562__61hko-htrrl_aa1500_.jpg

The picture shows a blue pen but this one is black.

My usual rules apply - No previous winners (unless applying for others), those new to fountain pens will be preferred.

Please PM me including your age,status(ie Student, Employed etc) and location.

Good Luck!!

The Winner is fryguy128!!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

Bank Holiday PIF!!

Black Parker Frontier

The picture shows a blue pen but this one is black.

My usual rules apply - No previous winners (unless applying for others), those new to fountain pens will be preferred.

Please PM me including your age,status(ie Student, Employed etc) and location.

Good Luck!!

The Winner is fryguy128!!

Congrats, fryguy!

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

Congrats fryguy128 :-)

Hi everyone, I've been lurking on this thread for a few days now and just thought I'd post and say hi!

Hi everyone, I've been lurking on this thread for a few days now and just thought I'd post and say hi!

Welcome!

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

Welcome Marshamello :W2FPN:

~OFS

Time for another PiF. I got the two pens I ordered from FPR some weeks ago, and the package included another complimentary Serwex 162. These are very nice pens. I took the picture from FPR's site:

http://fountainpenrevolution.com/wpimages/wpcea3510c_01_06.jpg

The one I'm giving away is black. This is a piston filler with an ink view window.

If you would like to have this pen, PM me with your name and two reasons why I should give you the pen.

No restrictions, but you should not be in a hurry for this: it will take around three weeks to reach you.

I want to move this one quickly, so I will draw a name sometime sunday. Your name should be in before 6 PM Atlantic Standard time.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I will have an exciting pif tomorrow...trying to figure out fun ways for people to enter it though...

Signature left blank per new rules...

I will have an exciting pif tomorrow...trying to figure out fun ways for people to enter it though...

Excited already.... :puddle:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Ok.....

For your PIF'ing pleasure, I have a barely used TWSBI vac700 with a fine nib,.....additionally. There's a broad nib, AND a vac20 bottle.

There is NOTHING wrong with any of them. Just weren't my liking...heymatthew can attest to their functionality.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s189/rcrott1/IMAG0966_zps1906e4d1.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s189/rcrott1/IMAG0967_zps29ec9b38.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s189/rcrott1/IMAG0968_zps1a8002e8.jpg

Now for the rules and entering process. I thought long and hard about this last night....and definitely want entries to be hand written.

Now, I love quotes...particularly Lord Byron, H.L. Mencken, and Churchill.

Write me a letter/postcard/note with your favorite quote and why it is such.....

Entry restrictions. NONE

Because this will be a handwritten entry, I'll keep it open until the END OF THIS MONTH.....

PM me for the address they can be sent to.

Again, must be received by the end of this month..

Happy PIF'ing

Edited by Cognaticrotty

Signature left blank per new rules...

New PIF

My last PIF is well on its way to a new home, so I thought It'd be time to start another little one. This time I'll be giving away one Pilot 78G Broad stub in red.

http://static1.jetpens.com/images/a/000/028/28606.jpg

Its a great little pen with a lovely smooth nib that is probably closer to a cursive italic than a stub. Its very lightweight, and great for long writing sessions.

Along with the pen I'll send one of Pilot's squeeze converters and/or a cartridge if you're the type who prefers to refill those, and you can also choose three ink samples from my collection.

Since this package will be quite light I believe I can (for the first time) open this PIF up worldwide.

Rules

- If you've won a pen PIF from me in the past, please let others have a chance to win.

- If you could easily afford or source this pen it would be nice to let some who cannot have a chance to win it.

To enter - PM me with your location, approximate is fine. I'm not looking for any particular location, there's no right or wrong response, I just want to see how far FPN reaches! I'll keep this open until next Monday the 22nd, and will use Random.org to choose the winner.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

This PIF is for a Pilot 78g with a fine nib and converter. The object of this giveaway is to encourage new users to read and contribute to the reviews area of FPN.

To be eligible, you must possess only one pen, and have posted a review about it in the reviews forum.

Reply to this post (by clicking the "Reply" button to the lower right) and add the link to your review. I will announce a randomly chosen winner on John Muir's birthday (next Sunday).

Please make sure your review includes comment on each of these categories: Appearance and Design, Nib and Performance, Filling System, and Value.

Please note that to keep my shipping cost down this PIF is only open to residents of the United States. Thank you for your understanding.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/8647355584_f5cce78ccf.jpg

Happy writing,

Tom

- - -

Currently trying to sell a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. PM if you're interested. :)

Ok.....

For your PIF'ing pleasure, I have a barely used TWSBI vac700 with a fine nib,.....additionally. There's a broad nib, AND a vac20 bottle.

There is NOTHING wrong with any of them. Just weren't my liking...heymatthew can attest to their functionality.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s189/rcrott1/IMAG0966_zps1906e4d1.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s189/rcrott1/IMAG0967_zps29ec9b38.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s189/rcrott1/IMAG0968_zps1a8002e8.jpg

Now for the rules and entering process. I thought long and hard about this last night....and definitely want entries to be hand written.

Now, I love quotes...particularly Lord Byron, H.L. Mencken, and Churchill.

Write me a letter/postcard/note with your favorite quote and why it is such.....

Entry restrictions. NONE

Because this will be a handwritten entry, I'll keep it open until the END OF THIS MONTH.....

PM me for the address they can be sent to.

Again, must be received by the end of this month..

Happy PIF'ing

I saw your post last night and was hoping it would be a TWSBI! puddle.gifpuddle.gifpuddle.gif

Once I find some time, I'll look through my quote book and make sure to send you a great note! Thanks Cog!

http://i.imgur.com/QWL90tZ.png

20, Cyclist, Fountain Pen collector, Medical Student