Pay It Forward 2013

zoniguana

Still up for grabs.

Didn't know it be so hard to give away a free pencil eh?

I wanted to give something before I get anything, but this wouldn't be the first broken pencil in my collection.

Umm...Where'm I Goin' ?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• Harlequin

• mhguda

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the winning quote is.......

Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is more beautiful than silence.

Submitted by k.cakes

This was quite the difficult choice, as there were some amazing quotes in there.

Congrats! It will be mailed out tomorrow

Signature left blank per new rules...

I'm bumping this one for those who might have missed it.

I love this thread!! Many of the gifts offered here are better than the best in my collection! You guys are awesome.

As seems to be my tradition when I join a new forum, I'd like to jump right in and offer a PIF gift.

There's a stationer on my route that is closing to consolidate with their other stores, and has gotten to the 80% markdowns already. Most everything is gone, but today I stopped in and picked up a few more things(I have already bought all their Postcards for my Postcrossing) One of the things I couldn't pass up at such a discount(even though I don't currently have a Waterman) was the cartridges they had left. I'll keep the blue and maybe start looking for a pen to put them in, but black has never been a favorite ink color for me anyway, so I'll offer up...

Three packs of Waterman cartridges in "Intense Black". Each pack has 8 "large size standard cartridges" and from the price tag, it looks like they have been on the shelf for 1 year.

I'll ship these anywhere in the world.

If you're interested, send me your address. Lets give it until next weekend. I'll put all the address in a hat and draw one out. The winner will get the ink, and all the others will get a card or a postcard from me. I won't announce the winner here, but you'll know when you get your mail. Good luck.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/WRITESHOPROBERT/001-1.jpg

Umm...Where'm I Goin' ?

Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is more beautiful than silence.

Submitted by k.cakes

This was quite the difficult choice, as there were some amazing quotes in there.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I can't believe I won! I honestly don't think I've ever won anything before, and what a way to start. Thank you so much, Cogs! I promise to keep the PIF spirit alive :)

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Congrats to both K.Cakes and mostly to Cog for coming up with such a fun and entertaining PIF method, good on ya man!

:thumbup:

(I love the PIFs that show some imagination and make it a group participation effort!)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Congrats to both K.Cakes and mostly to Cog for coming up with such a fun and entertaining PIF method, good on ya man!

:thumbup:

(I love the PIFs that show some imagination and make it a group participation effort!)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

In that case I'll have to come up with something inventive for my next PIF...

Good Evening, from downstate Illinois. I have used Skrip Black, permanent Black and washable Black (Fades), for many years. OK, decades. I buy these, older, Skrips Black, when I can, and have quite a few bottles of the 2 oz. bottles, in the Yellow box. Not the Slovenia stuff, but from Fort Madison. I have sold several of these for $15, but I do know that what I have available, will out-live me. And I go through 2+ 2ox bottles of Skrip a year.

Ya want a good, Black, ink, ? That won't screw up any pen ? Well, as a testimonial, push all the others aside, and Skrip will work for 50+ years. You don't have to clean, flush, or what ever else it is ya do with ink, with a good Skrip, Parker, and any of the others that have been around forever.

Anyway, I have sold a number of these to friends, at $15 or so. Like I said, these things will, most certainly, outlive me. The bottles I have, are in English, and French, perhaps. destine for Canada?

So, if you would like to try a 2 oz bottle of Skrip, from a yellow box, I have four (4) available, for the four that says, "yes, I want it", I will draw 4 from that pool, and I hope I get this right, on Monday morning, 13/May/2013. I will mail, by USPS to anyone in the lower 48, the 50 US States. (a bit of humor there, any where, on planet Earth, post free. small print, no, I won't replace a shipped item, if ya don't get it.

I WILL post the 4 winner's here.

It is just MHOP, that the only two inks, no matter the color, are Skrip & Parker.

Notta fan of the pics attachment here, need to learn how to do that,

but the inks are here:\

Fountain Pens November 2012

I hope

Good Monday Morning: I'm surprised at the amount of interest there is in these vintage bottles of Skrip. It is. currently about 10:05AM CDT here, and I plan on drawing 4 IDs for the 4 bottles of ink I have offered on PIF. I will draw in about 45 miutes, 11:00AM CDT and post the names here shortly there after. So if you want to be put in the drawing, I will accept messages until about 10:50 AM , about 50 minutes more.

Submitted by k.cakes

Congratulations to k.cakes for a beautiful quote. You make it hard to even post this - is it better than silence?

Cogs now I'm sure you had a hard time with this. Maybe you will use all those quotes at some point... Enjoy, it was such an imaginative way of giving!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Good Monday Morning: I'm surprised at the amount of interest there is in these vintage bottles of Skrip. It is. currently about 10:05AM CDT here, and I plan on drawing 4 IDs for the 4 bottles of ink I have offered on PIF. I will draw in about 45 miutes, 11:00AM CDT and post the names here shortly there after. So if you want to be put in the drawing, I will accept messages until about 10:50 AM , about 50 minutes more.

11:05AM CDT - I have the first four drawn listed below. All I need is the mailing address, and color preference (Black or Red), that you wuold like. I have 3 Blacks and 1 Red available. If any of the winners 'don't really want it", I drew all names and indicated the order drawn, so I can go on to the next neames in a day or so.

The 4 drawn names:

1-White Dot

2-Rienpei

3- Wanahakalugi

4- Manuscript69

Edited by cvasara

11:05AM CDT - I have the first four drawn listed below. All I need is the mailing address, and color preference (Black or Red), that you wuold like. I have 3 Blacks and 1 Red available. If any of the winners 'don't really want it", I drew all names and indicated the order drawn, so I can go on to the next neames in a day or so.

The 4 drawn names:

1-White Dot

2-Rienpei

3- Wanahakalugi

4- Manuscript69

Awe, so sad that my name isnt on this list........ congrats to all the lucky ones!!!

The 4 drawn names:

1-White Dot

2-Rienpei

3- Wanahakalugi

4- Manuscript69

Wow, I can't believe my name was drawn! I'm sending you a PM now :D

@cvasara thanks so much!! This will be my first fp or ink that I won't have gotten in India!

Sorry I missed that one. Almost out of black ink., Don't have any red.....

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

The 4 drawn names:

1-White Dot

2-Rienpei

3- Wanahakalugi

4- Manuscript69

AW NICE!

I won something for once :)

I will PM you right now!

Thanks!

An evening PIF drawing for a solid black Pilot Metropolitan. E-mail me at rgilmour70@gmail.com with the subject line "Pilot Metropolitan". I'll pick a winner at 10:30 Eastern time (about 40 mins. from now).

CONUS only, please.

We have a winner, whom I have contacted.

Edited by anaximander

OK, after the FPNuthouse died and resurrected, I died digitally - happily back online and alive again.

I PIF'ed a teachers only offer on which nobody applied for, so I withdraw that one and try later this year, maybe on other terms or what.

Then there was a box of 60 Penman Mocha cartridges on which I asked advice on how to pif - as a whole or in 12 small packages of 5 - a few showed interest. Because of the digital troubles I'll rePIF those later this month as 12*5. Those who showed interest already will have priority then!

And did I say I'm happy to be here again?

Up for grabs two pens for two different members.

First is a pelikan script 1.0 with converter. Used but in decent shape, I've just decided it's not for me anymore, You can see (new) photos of it here: http://www.gouletpens.com/Pelikan_Script_1_0_Fountain_Pen_p/p940841.htm

Second is a teal Hamraj 410 eye dropper fill from FPR that has never been used. Photos here: http://www.fountainpenrevolution.com/miscbrands.html

To qualify for this PIF please PM me with which pen you prefer, your favorite book/book series and why it's your favorite. I'll leave this up for awhile, at least until Tuesday (5/21) afternoon, maybe later depending on replies.

I'm willing to ship anywhere.

When I announce winners I'll also share the book info for others that are interested.

Edited by lady flash

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Good friends are like stars... You don't always see them, but you always know they're there...

OFFER : PART-USED DIAMINE 30ml SAMPLE BOTTLES - VARIOUS COLOURS IN SETS OF THREE

SHIP TO : WORLDWIDE (EXCEPT UK - see below)

I have been having a tidy up of my 30ml Diamine Sample Bottles and since some of them are coming up to about a year old I decided to replace a few with fresh ones and to let other people have the ones I have found myself not using. Ink should be used!

I will break this up into FOUR lots of THREE 30ml bottles each to keep the packages light and will ship WORLDWIDE. In fact I will ship anywhere EXCEPT the UK. We have easy access to Diamine ourselves in the UK so this offer is open to anyone OUTSIDE the UK to spread some nice Diamine ink to the far-flung areas of the globe.

I will leave the PIF open for about 24 HOURS to allow folks in other timezones a fair chance to spot the offer. PM me with the Lot you are interested in. I will not mix up the Lots - this is how I am breaking up the bottles of ink - so don't ask.

If you are interested in several lots, just list them in preference (for example "Lot 4 for preference but Lot 2 if it has gone please"). I will then draw straws amongst each Lot and send ONE Lot each to different interested persons.

Click on the links under each ink name to see accurate scans of the various colours.

LOT 1

Aqua Lagoon - mid-turquoise - 20ml

Eau de Nil - light teal - 15ml

Misty Blue - light blue - 22ml

LOT 2

Beau Blue - light blue - 28ml

Apple Glory - light green - 17ml

Soft Mint - light turquoise - 23ml

LOT 3

Sunset - orange/red - 22ml

Peach Haze - light orange - 28ml

Ancient Copper - red/orange/brown - 6ml (needs syringe)

LOT 4

Grey - light grey - 30ml (full)

Sargasso Sea - Deep Blue - 14ml

Jet Black - black/grey - 30ml (full)