Inoxcrom Users?

lancekatigbak

My very first fountain pen was an Inoxcrom and I love using Inoxcroms, because even if you're not holding the pen the "right way", it still writes well. Inoxcroms have more modern designs as well, and I like them. So, any other Inoxcrom users?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lancekatigbak

• FrankB

• Aysedasi

• grimakis

I was, for a few days. I bought one on Ebay and then sold it again. In fact, if you search here under 'Inoxcrom' you'll find my thread asking about it. It was a nice little pen but too thin and the nib was too fine for me. It went for peanuts in the end...... :(

Edited by Aysedasi

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

I have a couple of large Inoxcroms, but I cannot recall the model name at the moment. They are very nice writers and very reliable. Although they are good pens, I would think they are not popular enough to have a whole forum dedicated to them.

I am also beginning to wonder why Cross deserves it's own forum...

Strange isn't it - its the one pen make I've never had the slightest inclination to buy - they just don't seem to 'grab me' at all.......

Edited by Aysedasi

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

Cross has several pen models ranging from inexpensive to moderately expensive, and they seem to sell lots of pens, at least in the US. I do not know how they do in markets outside the US.

I had one Inoxcrom FP. The resin was very attractice, and the steel nib was decent, though in my opinion not the equal of Dani or Taccia or Waterman steel nibs. The pen was a pretty simple design and the trim was basic. There was nothing much wrong with it, but then again there was not really much to it.

I do not know about their upper end pens or how many they make of any one model.

Hi,

Not sure if there would be enough interest for it to have a forum of it's own, Lamy is popular but no forum.

I only have one that I am aware of and I haven't even used it yet, got it free when I bought my car a couple of months ago, looks quite nice in Ford Blue with the Ford logo, pity it wasn't anything more upmarket, but a bit of a coincidence and more welcome than the usual free BP/RB.

Andy

Aysedasi wrote:

"Strange isn't it - its the one pen make I've never had the slightest inclination to buy - they just don't seem to 'grab me' at all....... "

They do not grab me either, and I have no Cross FP's at the moment. For me, the nibs are too small and the pens are just not wide enough to be comfortable in my hand. I have a couple of Cross BP's left over from the old days. I carried them on active duty because the silly things were super reliable and would never break. I have used Cross FP's and I find they are excellent writers. By and large, I think the FP's are as durable as the BP's. I feel they are good sbuys, and apparently many people agree with me. Cross is a major player in the pen world, so I can see their having a forum.

Personal opinion only.

I'm still new to the whole collecting thing, but the only brands I'm interested now would probably be Parker, Inoxcrom, Mont Blanc, and Waterman.

I've had several that I got as presents. They are decent pens, the nibs are smooth and hard. Major problem: After a few years they start to leak.

If you want a pen that is "in fashion" and you replace it every year with the newest design, this might be the pen for you.

I, however, am not interested in fashion

Hum...I'm a user. Both ends, student and high end pens are pretty darn good value. The low end ones are very cool. On the other hand, the upper end is mostly SS or lacquer, and they look good but nothing terribly fancy, "old style", like most of the forum here seem to prefer.

They are not mentioned often here mainly because they are unknown by most members of the forum, as they come from countries where they are not widely marketed. Also because they are the antithesis of "status" fpn's. They are just the opposite, useful, run-of-the mill writing instruments that are sold at a fraction of others, conceived from their origins to be as good as Parker's but costing half or less. They were very good value, but I've heard since the premises in Spain were sold and the production has moved to China, that quality has plummeted. About 3 months ago I helped purchase a couple Scandinavian collectors, members here, a few high uppers from the old production and they still were very nice..and more than reasonable. A plus is that the nibs have a reputation for being always perfect 5/5 in wetness, so quite a few "lefties" international shops recommended them as "fast dryers". (I published links in a previous post about this specific fact). The exports of the company were also directed to developing countries, where the quality and competitive prices made them be very successful products.

A forum is hard to achieve, not even German made pens do have one. Surprisingly Italian and Japanese pens do. Go figure. It depends on number of post and visitors, I've read.

Edited by Ondina

I guess I wasn't aware of all the other countless FP brands out there... In the Philippines, Inoxcrom is widely popular.

Doing forum searches on that name, the others mentioned above, and additional names like Hero, Visconti, Delta, Stipula, Pelikan, Omas, Bexley, Caran d'Ache, Filcao, Shaeffer, Dupont, and Conway Stewart, Inoxcrom comes in dead last for mentions. But the way this place works, you can start a bunch of Inoxcrom threads and if people get tried of reading them here, maybe they'll create a separate forum.

I am a newbie with FPs and a happy Inoxcrom user - my first FP was an all-stainless-steel Pure I got a couple of months ago. I asked the guy at the store for a "working pen", reliable, durable and not flashy. He recommended the Pure, and I got exactly what I asked for.

It is a workhorse, never skips and writes right off the vat every time. My nib is M, and writes a thick line. I am running through the last of my black Inoxcrom cartridges (decent ink, standard European short cartridge), and I will refill them manually with better ink once they are done (no converters available here in Argentina, but I have been saving all the empty cartridges so I should be safe for the next couple of years).

I am a newbie with FPs and a happy Inoxcrom user - my first FP was an all-stainless-steel Pure I got a couple of months ago. I asked the guy at the store for a "working pen", reliable, durable and not flashy. He recommended the Pure, and I got exactly what I asked for.

It is a workhorse, never skips and writes right off the vat every time. My nib is M, and writes a thick line. I am running through the last of my black Inoxcrom cartridges (decent ink, standard European short cartridge), and I will refill them manually with better ink once they are done (no converters available here in Argentina, but I have been saving all the empty cartridges so I should be safe for the next couple of years).

Refilling cartridges? Wow, that's new. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I wasn't aware of all the other countless FP brands out there... In the Philippines, Inoxcrom is widely popular.

they are also popular here in the stationery shops in Mexico, where i currently am. I never once saw or heard of inoxcrom back in the states. I see them everywhere here, since they're relatively inexpensive, although for most people here even these are bordering on luxury items, since its a small town and not a big city, but in the big city they have the more common brands, but also lots of inoxcrom. I'm considering buying one or a few.

Canada sure is cold.