NPD: The King

lukeap69

The King is here! I planned to purchase my second grail in June but opportunity presented itself, so here he is.

My KOP has an M nib which seems a bit thinner than the M of my Pilot Custom 823 (my 1st grail). It has the 'Sailor feedback' but does not compromise smoothness. My Pilot Custom 823 seems to be slightly smoother but I prefer having some feedback whilst still maintaining smoothness.

The nib of the king is bouncier than my Sailor 1911S without feeling bouncy 😱. It can make a slight line thickness variation but not a flex level of course. Though this is a big pen, it feels more comfortable in my hand compared to my 823 and 1911S. I felt the same with my Jinhao 9019 and JD Metal Big Pen.

I am so elated with this purchase.

Cheers

1000048752.jpg

1000048753.jpg

1000048754.jpg

1000048733.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lukeap69

• J-tec

• kazoolaw

• langere

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got a KOP myself.  I am eager to ink up that bad boy, but I first need to use up the ink in several other pens.

I hope it meets my expectations as well -

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

Sailor King of Pens "M" nib running Van Dieman's Heemskerch and Zeehaen

7 hours ago, kazoolaw said:

It’s a fine day when reality meets expectations:  congratulations,

Indeed. Thanks mate.

7 hours ago, langere said:

Just got a KOP myself.  I am eager to ink up that bad boy, but I first need to use up the ink in several other pens.

I hope it meets my expectations as well -

Erick

Congratulations. Let me us know what you think. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2024 at 1:03 AM, lukeap69 said:

The King is here! I planned to purchase my second grail in June but opportunity presented itself, so here he is.

My KOP has an M nib which seems a bit thinner than the M of my Pilot Custom 823 (my 1st grail). It has the 'Sailor feedback' but does not compromise smoothness. My Pilot Custom 823 seems to be slightly smoother but I prefer having some feedback whilst still maintaining smoothness.

The nib of the king is bouncier than my Sailor 1911S without feeling bouncy 😱. It can make a slight line thickness variation but not a flex level of course. Though this is a big pen, it feels more comfortable in my hand compared to my 823 and 1911S. I felt the same with my Jinhao 9019 and JD Metal Big Pen.

I am so elated with this purchase.

Cheers

1000048752.jpg

1000048753.jpg

1000048754.jpg

1000048733.jpg

One of my Grail pen.

Can feel your joy based on what you have written with your new baby. 

Congrats. 

I am starting my own journey of the grail hunt. 

Edited by penwarrior32

5 hours ago, penwarrior32 said:

One of my Grail pen.

Can feel your joy based on what you have written with your new baby. 

Congrats. 

I am starting my own journey of the grail hun. 

Thanks. This never ceases to amaze me. The nib is wonderful!

• 2 weeks later...

Excited for you!! After a couple weeks of use, any further thoughts on it?

1 hour ago, J-tec said:

Excited for you!! After a couple weeks of use, any further thoughts on it?

Thanks.

Yeah, I really like the size and the nib is very special. It is not too wet like my Pelikan M1000 but not dry either. It is not too soft and not stiff. Amongst my pens, I would consider it my Goldilocks. I wish it just hold more ink. I have to refill ink more often with this pen than others.

Oh interesting, I've read about that as well - so what the converter filler is just small? can you get another one? I've been reading that you have to modify the pen in order for it to hold more ink, I just wonder how much more would be needed

I mean it's a big pen but the converter is not. I have read that somebody in Australia used to make a bigger converter. I am not really looking into modifying it. I got lots of pens to get by once th KOP ink ran out. 

On a positive note, I get to try other inks faster with the KOP without wasting any. 😁