Great deal on ebay for Visconti Voyager 30 ebonite limited edition

james3paris

59 minutes ago, mochan said:

I got my pen yesterday. Very fast shipping. 

However, mine has a small imperfection in the grip. 

More of a problem, is the nib. It is clicking. 

ChatGPT was very nice to give a good answer instead of following links from here to dead pages. Looks like I'll have to work on the nib.

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

IMG_1550.JPG

I would recommend returning it and having the seller deal with it.  He may just exchange it out.       If you decide to fix it,

Here is a link:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lascosas

• james3paris

• mochan

• Doug C

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got mine today, and it is perfect!  Great writer, and well built, just like the Opera demo I got a while back. Both have the in house nib.  Since Dante left, the designs are a little boring, but I think they finally have gotten their quality act together.

Very happy (what a steal).

the Danitrio Fellowship

Well, I'm glad I ran across this thread and was able to purchase one of these at that price! It came so quickly! I can't wait to ink it and play!

1354562150_2023ViscontiVoyager.jpg.3a061089903d237d77bc68a98545595c.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Mine arrived in perfect condition, the filling system works great, and the medium nib writes very smoothly right out of the box.  I am very happy for the recommendation from you guys!

Mine arrived today in perfect condition. Super fast shipping. It writes extremely well--and at least from this sample, Visconti seems to be doing something right with their QC, finally. 

I have not been here for a while, and had no intention to buy a new pen. Really! But the price on this pen swayed me. I am still not clear why this is so cheap! Anyone know? Overstock? The pen wasn't selling? This is an incredible deal. 

Thanks all and especially @james3paris

Mine also arrived today in perfect condition.  I will ink it soon.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

Sailor King of Pens "M" nib running Van Dieman's Heemskerch and Zeehaen

18 hours ago, A-xy said:

I am still not clear why this is so cheap! Anyone know? Overstock? The pen wasn't selling? This is an incredible deal. 

Thanks all and especially @james3paris

Overstock is probably right. Resellers like Shopworn, Elegant Instruments and the one above buy overstock in bulk at the going rate of 25c to the dollar.

Sometimes they overestimate the marketability of an item and get stuck with it. The Montegrappa Fortuna was a notorious example.

I don't think this is the case here. These resellers deal mainly in luxury watches and jewelry. Fountain pens are not their bread and butter.

Edit:

I see other sellers now offering the same pen for a similar price. My Gift Stop, for instance. Maybe David decided to offload their stock before the market became too crowded.

On 3/23/2023 at 3:43 PM, Theroc said:

Overstock is probably right. Resellers like Shopworn, Elegant Instruments and the one above buy overstock in bulk at the going rate of 25c to the dollar.

Sometimes they overestimate the marketability of an item and get stuck with it. The Montegrappa Fortuna was a notorious example.

I don't think this is the case here. These resellers deal mainly in luxury watches and jewelry. Fountain pens are not their bread and butter.

Edit:

I see other sellers now offering the same pen for a similar price. My Gift Stop, for instance. Maybe David decided to offload their stock before the market became too crowded.

Here is the link for my gift shop:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234830464501?hash=item36acfc85f5:g:UdwAAOSwfNFjpAyu

5 left at last look

This seller has a medium nib.   They offer 10% off by adding 2 more of his items to the cart.  I experimented.  The other dealer has sold out.

I am happy people like the pen.  It is one of my go-to pens.  I own an EF, F, M, and B.    With what I paid for my first two, I was surprised to see the pen for around $300.

By going directly to mygiftshop there is a great deal on the Visconti Voyager Orion Nebula M nib.

https://www.mygiftstop.com/products/visconti-fountain-pen-voyager-2020-mop-resin-orion-nebula-medium-nib-kp33-03-fpm

Listed as $236 but by using the negotiate bot below the 'add to cart" I was offered the price of $223, and then using the discount code 20OFF175 I got it down to $203.  Same as the ebonite model we have been discussing, except it is made of resin, and the deal killer for me, it uses a converter, not the power filler.  Also it does not appear to be a limited addition.  But James...you have exposes me to the world of discount Viscontis!

16 hours ago, lascosas said:

Listed as $236 but by using the negotiate bot below the 'add to cart" I was offered the price of $223, and then using the discount code 20OFF175 I got it down to $203.  Same as the ebonite model we have been discussing, except it is made of resin, and the deal killer for me, it uses a converter, not the power filler.  Also it does not appear to be a limited addition.  But James...you have exposes me to the world of discount Viscontis!

I think it's telling that the Fine version of the same pen is listed for $314.

Now that I've (rather obsessively) begun tracking Viscontis at some of these online shops I keep seeing an often doubling of price when the amount in stock goes down. 

21 hours ago, lascosas said:

By going directly to mygiftshop there is a great deal on the Visconti Voyager Orion Nebula M nib.

https://www.mygiftstop.com/products/visconti-fountain-pen-voyager-2020-mop-resin-orion-nebula-medium-nib-kp33-03-fpm

The description says it has a steel nib. 

Is this like the 18K to 14K downgrade on the Voyager 30 but this one is downgraded from 14K to stainless steel? 

This stylish fountain pen features medium stainless steel nib.

The photo of this item in their Ebay listing (same price without the various discounts) has the same description as you quoted, but a clear photo of the 14k nib.  Good catch!  I sent a question to their Ebay shop.  From what I have seen none of the Vayagers came with a steel nib.

And Anderson Pens has the same pen, same manufacturer's number, and all options are 14k.  Price?  Reduced to $459.

19 minutes ago, lascosas said:

And Anderson Pens has the same pen, same manufacturer's number, and all options are 14k.  Price?  Reduced to $459.

Voyager 30 pen had _14KT added at the end to denote that it was the 14K version instead of the standard 18K. 

This could be a cheaper version with the nibs replaced with stainless steel ones. 

The pictures do show 14K nibs though but could just be stock images. 

Response from Seller-

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This appears to be an error with the photos used for this listing. The item has a steel nib. I have notified our team and we should be able to update that discrepancy shortly.

2 hours ago, lascosas said:

Response from Seller-

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This appears to be an error with the photos used for this listing. The item has a steel nib. I have notified our team and we should be able to update that discrepancy shortly.

Thank you for posting the seller response. 

Never know if this is someone actually knowing the product or just covering the bases. Will only know when they update the pictures or someone gets one and posts pictures.