What pen(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

Sinistral1

Hasn't shipped yet but this will in the next day ot two.

52002622920_d9eb26ec32_c.jpg

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• Bo Bo Olson

• inkstainedruth

• Baka1969

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waiting for a few low-end bits & pieces pens that I'm excited about.

They can be so rewarding and don't depend on a 'high-roller' budget.

I've recently been paying more attention to building my 'spare parts' box. I have been buying from a seller who sometimes offers worn and incomplete, old, pens and if they cost under $10 or $15 I'm quite happy to disassemble them, learn repair techniques and occasionally find something I can 'repurpose' or even find a vital replacement part.

I admit I have soaked and cleaned several of these pens that end up living on my desk...a scruffy lot...not intended for display but merely to indulge my love of 'mark-making' tools.

I am expecting 4 or 5 such pens to arrive by post in the coming week.

A 'third tier' or student pen (?), "Linz - Rubidor" which I hope to learn a little more about.

I've got an early ball-pen of that make and became fascinated by the early roller-ball technology.

More news later if I'm lucky enough to buy the others.

P.I.Tom

πTom

20 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Monteverde with this nib on my wish list,

The pen did indeed arrive yesterday. However, as I speak, I am sitting in the cockpit of the Dolphin en route to Coruscant. Since there are obvious problems with inking my latest acquisition during zero-gravity travel, and I would not have time to learn my new instrument before its use would be required, I will have to wait until next week when life will hopefully have stabilized. Within a month I hope to have a full review posted in the Pen Reviews section. 

Song of the week: “Someday” (One Republic)

If your car has them, make sure to change your timing belts every 80-100,000 miles. (Or shorter if specified in the manual)

Enjoy the ecumenopolis!

Top 5 of 23 currently inked pens:

Namiki Origami Tradition maki-e Penguin F, Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku

Sailor X Sakazaki Penguin Pro Gear Slim MF, Sailor Manyo Konagi

Lamy 2000 EF, Diamine Purple Bow

Platinum Hibiscus SF short-long, Platinum Green

Indigo Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub, De Atramentis Columbia Blue-Copper 

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

On 2/15/2023 at 9:41 PM, Runnin_Ute said:

Hasn't shipped yet but this will in the next day ot two.

52002622920_d9eb26ec32_c.jpg

Oh that’s so pretty. What brand is this pen?

Posted Image

21 hours ago, Misfit said:

Oh that’s so pretty. What brand is this pen?

I thought so too. It's a no name - the seller did mention in the listing that it says "Ink Trap" on the top of the cap, but couldn't find/say that was the brand of the pen. He replaced the steel nib it had with a Waterman 14k nib. Don't know how flexible it may or may not be - but he did mention it is capable of providing some line variation.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I am waiting for delivery of a very-lightly-used 1960’s Newhaven Parker Duofold ‘Junior’.
It is an ‘aerometric’ squeeze-filled pen in ‘boring black’, with gold trim, and has a 14k gold nib.

The vendor described its nib as being ‘medium’ and having a bit of flex, but my main interest in it is its simple, broad-channelled, ebonite feed - because I intend to use it as my main pen for ESSRI.

I was looking for an aerometric-fill 1950s Parker ‘Victory’ (which is an identical pen, apart from the imprint on the barrel), because I am amused by the Orwellian connotations of its name, but this Duofold Junior was very inexpensive for a pen in such good condition.

Now I am 🤞that it doesn’t get ‘lost’ by our ‘Royal’ Mail - and that the parcel in which it is sent isn’t used by Sorting Office staff to practice their penalty shoot-outs and/or Rugby goal-kicking 😉

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

I'm waiting for three Lamys. All bought more, or less, impulsively from two vendor, i  three auctions. The post is very slow so it's going to be another week at best. Thankful for tracking.

They are: a  Lx Rose Gold, a Safari Petrol with matching ink and a Lamy 2000 EF (which included a Visconti Travelling Inkwell!).

All very exciting.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

9 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

a Safari Petrol with matching ink

Even several years on, my gast is still flabbered that Lamy made their ‘Dark Lilac’ and ‘Petrol’ inks almost impossible to get in bottles here in Europe. It all seemed to go to the US 😕

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

At the moment, I'm waiting '7 to 10 working days' for the Onoto Scholar I ordered.  That said, I ventured onto Ebay and bid a losing bid on a circa 1930 vintage Onoto.

Blue Parker 45 Flighter Special.

I was informed that it will be shipped by the day after tomorrow.

*I borrowed the image from the sale image.

large.image.jpg.7e787b509713aae34d9305b260418f31.jpg

4 hours ago, Number99 said:

Ooh, that’s a great score! Gorgeous! 

I’m waiting for a Lamy Z56 nib that’s out for delivery, it’s going in my cp1.

16 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Ooh, that’s a great score! Gorgeous! 

I’m waiting for a Lamy Z56 nib that’s out for delivery, it’s going in my cp1.

I think this pen will join the Blue Pen Club when it arrives.

Waiting for a Pilot Elite with a Posting nib. Have been watching out for one for several years. Finally. 🙂

Will work for pens... :unsure:

3 hours ago, Number99 said:

I think this pen will join the Blue Pen Club when it arrives.

As it should! 😻

I'm waiting for the pen shown below. It is coming from Moldova (I hope the money I spent on it helps someone prepare for being invaded) but unfortunately it was sent economy without a tracking number, which I didn't realize in time -- I would have gladly paid for a shipping upgrade. Well, it will be an exercise to my patience. According to the site, it is due by March 14th, or about 3 weeks from now. Time will tell the outcome. 

412988260_Parkercentennialsilver.png.2bef89f987bb1fe9361d80b2421b1a97.png

On 2/21/2023 at 9:39 AM, Number99 said:

OOOOH! :puddle:

Didn't know that 45 Flighters came in other colors besides black trim....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."